Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 22 Aug 2012, 15:32 (Ref:3123067)   #1
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sony Liverpool/Psygnosis shuts

There goes my childhood...

If you have never heard of them, they were responsible for publishing Rollcage, Destruction Derby and Lemmings while creating Wipeout with the Designers Republic doing the art direction.

So many fun times.
Old 30 Aug 2012, 10:14 (Ref:3127298)   #2
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A great developer and publisher.

Lemmings, Wipeout, F1, Colony Wars, G-Police, Destruction Derby 2, Discworld etc...

They never seemed to recover from a rash of really average games in late '97/ early '98 that were hyped to the hills but never justified the buzz. Overboard, Rascal and Psybadek I am looking at you.
Old 30 Aug 2012, 15:09 (Ref:3127417)   #3
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Didn't they do F1'97 as well? So many hours of my mid-teens was spent playing that on the first playstation. Great memories. Somehow the cars handled like they had 'weight' in that game, something the subsequent games just didn't have.
Old 30 Aug 2012, 16:43 (Ref:3127465)   #4
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah they did that. Were it not for the severe popup/tearing and the wet tyre glitch it would have been the greatest F1 game of all time (still).

"You're right there Murray."

Then they released F1 '98. Different developer (Visual Science if I recall correctly) and oh, Christ, it was BAD. The car handling had such weight that they didn't actually turn corners. And the graphics. Oh, the graphics. This was released the same year as Gran Turismo and Colin McRae Rally ffs. It was probably bettered by Tommi Makinen Rally in fact.

Last edited by Knowlesy; 30 Aug 2012 at 16:53.
Old 31 Aug 2012, 10:42 (Ref:3127824)   #5
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F1 (the 1995 one) and F1 '97, fantastic games. Many hours were spent playing that.

Anyone for nostalgia? Both had excellent menu music!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-2pZX-S0N4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNq2ijILCvc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZoMIvqPSpg

Thanks for this thread! Fortunately I've managed to keep all my old PS1 games in good nick, so I'm off to hijack the brothers PS3 while he's at school.

''And OH! He's hit Barrichello!''
Old 31 Aug 2012, 13:35 (Ref:3127874)   #6
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I remember Psygnosis way back in the Atari ST and Amiga days. Didn't even know they were still around.