Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 28 May 2006, 20:23 (Ref:1621400)   #1
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
What a close finish.....what a sensation!!!!

Congrats to Hornish
Old 28 May 2006, 20:23 (Ref:1621401)   #2
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Oh My!!!
Old 28 May 2006, 20:23 (Ref:1621402)   #3
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
What a finish!

Well, not the perfect result, but two Andretti's on the podium ain't bad.
Old 28 May 2006, 20:23 (Ref:1621403)   #4
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
FEEL BAD FOR MARCO, but hornish!!!!
Old 28 May 2006, 20:24 (Ref:1621405)   #5
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What a kid.... though.... What a kid!!!
Old 28 May 2006, 20:24 (Ref:1621406)   #6
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I thought my head was going to explode.
Old 28 May 2006, 20:24 (Ref:1621407)   #7
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hornish.

I hate him. I hate that man.

I was up and screaming....but I saw Hornish closing before T3 and knew it was over.

What an effort from young Marco....
Old 28 May 2006, 20:25 (Ref:1621409)   #8
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I got a shiver down my spine when Marco went round the outside of his dad, that was awesome, feel very bad for Marco, but it was a great finish.
Marco certainly has a future in this series!
Old 28 May 2006, 20:25 (Ref:1621410)   #9
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yeah, Marco put a very strong defense up, bu Hornish had the speed. Wow.
Old 28 May 2006, 20:26 (Ref:1621411)   #10
sonic
Veteran

sonic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
amazed his dad didn't defend harder....!
Old 28 May 2006, 20:28 (Ref:1621413)   #11
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
When marco blocked Sam though I guess he'll be let off as Hornish just beat him.
Old 28 May 2006, 20:28 (Ref:1621414)   #12
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What a story that would have been, a five year old winning his first Indy.

Sad for Marco, sad for Michael, sad for Andretti as a whole.

But congrats to Hornish. He might have the stupidest sideburns in the world, but he has won Indy!
Old 28 May 2006, 20:29 (Ref:1621415)   #13
Snips1
Racer

Denmark
Denmark
Snips1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congrats Sam Hornish Jr
Old 28 May 2006, 20:30 (Ref:1621416)   #14
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
Well as they came through the final bend i though Marco had done it....

My hair is standing after seeing that....

I think ive been converted to a Marco fan!!
Old 28 May 2006, 20:31 (Ref:1621417)   #15
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralf fan
I think ive been converted to a Marco fan!!
Haven't we all.
Old 28 May 2006, 20:34 (Ref:1621420)   #16
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Embrace the dynasty, ralf, embrace it: it is more than an individual.

There is room for one more.

One of us, one of us, one of us, one of us... .
Old 28 May 2006, 20:34 (Ref:1621421)   #17
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What a race, and what a finish! I'm still shaking here, wow. I really thought Marco had it won there - Hornish Jr. really drove the wheels of that Penske to catch up and I'm betting he got so fired up he didn't care if he'd wreck it trying to catch Marco. Nice to see such a great crowd as well and also great seeing them waving and cheering Marco and Hornish on there during the final laps.

Phew, that was just awesome.

Going to be interesting to see what sort of negative spin Robin Miller, and all the naysayers out there for that matter, will try to put on this one

EDIT - Ah yes, almost forgot; congratulations to Sam Hornish Jr. on finally winning the Indianapolis 500!
Old 28 May 2006, 20:34 (Ref:1621422)   #18
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I was watching the live updates, but they packed in with a few laps to go, so I was on the edge of my seat updating the thread to see what had happened

I quickly flicked over in the ads of my mum's programme - what a finish!! I suppose a Marco or Michael win would've been TOO good to be true. I think Michael may have let Marco through, though. The problem with that is Marco's got plenty of other shots at the race, while Mike hasn't. Well done Hornish, anyway - I bet all the people who expected him to win didn't expect him to win like that

I'm not normally an IRL fan, but I think I'll have to watch at least 1 race this year - this has got me hooked

Last edited by jab; 28 May 2006 at 20:37.
Old 28 May 2006, 20:34 (Ref:1621423)   #19
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Marco excites me in the way Montoya did/does.

There are great years ahead of him.
Old 28 May 2006, 20:37 (Ref:1621424)   #20
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Just....wow, what a finish....
Old 28 May 2006, 20:37 (Ref:1621426)   #21
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Of course, knowlesy. He is an Andretti. He has to be class, .
Old 28 May 2006, 20:41 (Ref:1621427)   #22
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
My spine hair just wont go down!!!...

What a finish.... Im still in a daze.... The kid almost won....and as he entered thhe corner with Hornish in his slipstream my heart broke.... utter delight to misery in a sec...!!!

Marco however has the honor of joining the list of drivers i support!!!

Still cant believe what i saw
Old 28 May 2006, 20:43 (Ref:1621429)   #23
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutton
Of course, knowlesy. He is an Andretti. He has to be class, .
Exactly!
Old 28 May 2006, 20:47 (Ref:1621433)   #24
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Amazing finish between Hornish and Andretti. Unbelievable finish I just don't know where Hornish pulled that from!
Old 28 May 2006, 20:47 (Ref:1621434)   #25
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
Well after the hours of depression, by Watkins Glen, he will realise what an awesome drive he drove, and that the birth of a new star was born and it was him. 2nd on your debut, he knows he has a very good future there. He should be very pleased with himself when the depression and disapointment of not winning has worn off, not that all of it will ever wear off.