Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Old 22 May 2005, 11:04 (Ref:1306702)   #26
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ah sorry. No mine are rear calipers.
Old 23 May 2005, 17:43 (Ref:1308249)   #27
CombeMarshal
Veteran

England
Stroud, Glos
CombeMarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi, I got a set of EBC Disc's and Pads (Before this offers started!)
The thing is, I had to get someone else to fit them due to lack of time and not having an Allan Key anywhere near big enough to get the calliper off.
The other day I see another car with the same discs on, but they were the opposite way round to mine, Now one of us has them on wrong, do the groves point towards the front or the rear and the top of the disc???
If mine are wrong, they still work bloody well!!
Cheers, Lee
Old 23 May 2005, 18:27 (Ref:1308291)   #28
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
This is a bone of contention, if I recollect some (Tarox I believe) recon or used to that the grooves point to the front, in Fred Puhn's bible on car handling I think they say the opposite, probable don't make a lot of difference either way, they look better going back though IMHO :-)
Old 23 May 2005, 18:29 (Ref:1308293)   #29
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The grooves aren't there to aid friction as such, they are only there to disspate gases that build up and push the pad back so I quess it doesn't matter which way they face.
Old 23 May 2005, 18:37 (Ref:1308300)   #30
goforit500
Veteran

goforit500 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is probaly a little advantage in having the vanes curving backward (As the vents should do) as it will work better to suck out the gasses due to the reduced pressure at the leading edge...I guess and stand to be shot down in ickle pieces :-)
Old 23 May 2005, 18:41 (Ref:1308306)   #31
CombeMarshal
Veteran

England
Stroud, Glos
CombeMarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good, I'll leave them as they are then, Backwards, I suposse I could test them by driving backwards for a few days!!
Cheers, Lee
Old 23 May 2005, 19:52 (Ref:1308378)   #32
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Oh I identified those Wilwood calipers that I am trying to stick on the front of the chevy in leiu of the XJS ones, they are not the six pots you can get overhere they are the Grand National GN111 and are apparently used by the good old boys in NASCAR ovals and road courses so hopefully they will pull up my old girl OK. I also see EBC do a pad for them, huge thing it is over 6 and half inches long (should I rephrase that) all the three sets of pads have been run in on a brake dyno as well.