Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 25 Jun 2009, 20:09 (Ref:2490647)   #51
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Just make sure whatever you use is within 2 years of servicing, with date showing. They only seem interested in the dates not so much the type and mine is a Lifeline.
Old 26 Jun 2009, 13:54 (Ref:2491090)   #52
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Can we use our own transponders or do we have to use theirs?
Old 26 Jun 2009, 15:05 (Ref:2491126)   #53
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hi Tim, I just spoke to Barry, who is unsure, so he said bring your own transponder!
Best,
Cliff
Old 26 Jun 2009, 15:19 (Ref:2491133)   #54
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
FWIW, I take my own every year and then pay them to rent one. I suspect mine works fine but its possibly a tax on overseas competitors. Its around a tenner so I try not to get upset.
Old 26 Jun 2009, 15:58 (Ref:2491164)   #55
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Ryan View Post
Hi Tim, I just spoke to Barry, who is unsure, so he said bring your own transponder!
Best,
Cliff
Thanks for that Cliff.
Old 26 Jun 2009, 19:23 (Ref:2491309)   #56
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you are using the "Red" MST version,it should be fine.
Old 26 Jun 2009, 19:53 (Ref:2491320)   #57
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Mine's a red MST version.
Old 26 Jun 2009, 21:35 (Ref:2491359)   #58
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Mine's a red MST version.

But your not going.Mine is just that,its what we used last year.
Old 27 Jun 2009, 09:01 (Ref:2491503)   #59
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I know but I always have to rent one, which was my point.
Old 27 Jun 2009, 09:04 (Ref:2491507)   #60
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
I think its a similar thing to paying for the pit garage key syndrome Peter.
If the MST one works on Saturday,then why not Sunday?
Old 27 Jun 2009, 09:19 (Ref:2491514)   #61
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
You have to get them at sign on.
Old 27 Jun 2009, 09:35 (Ref:2491520)   #62
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
You have to get them at sign on.
Yep,been there
Old 30 Jun 2009, 17:13 (Ref:2494007)   #63
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've just had to cancel - so won't be there - hope to make the six hour meet though - enjoy!
Old 30 Jun 2009, 17:27 (Ref:2494015)   #64
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Bad luck. See you in September. However if you want to do a bit of racing try the MGCC International, there's still space for the two driver 30 mins races.

http://www.mgcc.co.uk/motorsport-top...onal-july.html
Old 30 Jun 2009, 17:52 (Ref:2494037)   #65
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Ryan View Post
I've just had to cancel - so won't be there - hope to make the six hour meet though - enjoy!
That's a bummer Cliff, I was looking forward to seeing your car plus it'll make Barry's race less interesting with all those Crossles in it.
Old 30 Jun 2009, 20:10 (Ref:2494101)   #66
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
I'm out as well,things did'nt happen that I was told would!! Hey Ho,such is life!!!!
Old 30 Jun 2009, 20:25 (Ref:2494110)   #67
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cliff, Terence, thats a shame. Next time eh!
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 30 Jun 2009, 21:06 (Ref:2494134)   #68
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wot? All staying at home so that you do not have to offer me tea? Nice!

Shame really, on a serious note.
Old 30 Jun 2009, 21:28 (Ref:2494139)   #69
jerryk
Racer

United Kingdom
jerryk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I think you will find the transponder is free , the ten euros is for the bracket!
Old 30 Jun 2009, 22:05 (Ref:2494155)   #70
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=terence bower;2489137]I think the officials should be doing the buying,besides,we're giving them something to do at the best race circuit in the world!
QUOTE]
Still is, even better as it was, toss up for me with Solitude as the best, arrive Thursday evening a quiet walk up the pit lane.....minds eye 917's 512's buzzing Chevrons & Lolas, not for us lower orders the thrill of driving it, just the satisfaction of perhaps a high placed finish in a proper motor race at a proper circuit
Old 30 Jun 2009, 23:04 (Ref:2494188)   #71
DaveGT6
Veteran

England
Langford, Beds.
DaveGT6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosehead View Post
Cliff, Terence, thats a shame. Next time eh!
Shame you've had to drop out. We've just finished loading the RV and are raring to go - just have to get through tomorrow's heatwave in London!

It would be good to catch up with some 10 Tenths folk - Jon and I are in the CSCC paddock with the white and twin blue stripe GT6 - come and say hello
Old 30 Jun 2009, 23:11 (Ref:2494195)   #72
TR8ER#7
Rookie

England
Castle Donington
TR8ER#7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OK Dave - I'll make sure I say hello.

I've just finished preping the car. Lots of tidying and packing-up still to do.
Old 1 Jul 2009, 04:55 (Ref:2494262)   #73
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy V View Post
Wot? All staying at home so that you do not have to offer me tea? Nice!

Shame really, on a serious note.
Yeah,sorry Eddy,B&B booked,ferry booked and then you get let down!
Still,it looks like I will be coming over before the six hour,if there is enough time I could always buy you a beer to compensate for the tea.For those going,have an excellent w/end.
Old 1 Jul 2009, 06:21 (Ref:2494283)   #74
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryk View Post
I think you will find the transponder is free , the ten euros is for the bracket!
Ah yes, the licence is held as ransom for the transponder.
Old 1 Jul 2009, 07:06 (Ref:2494296)   #75
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcemob View Post
You have to pay the VAT of the country you purchase the goods in...................unless I was stitched up by GPR, or was it Demon Tweaks at the 2007 5 hour.
No you don't Tim, as Eddy says if you give a VAT number they should not have charged you, this is legal and I have checked it out I do have to fill in a small form once a quarter listing EU vat exempt sales though so GRP should have done that IF you can give them the ligit VAT number.