Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 26 Jul 2009, 14:23 (Ref:2508351)   #501
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayWolf View Post
GT1 and GT2 winners dont deserve their positions.
Ofcourse you have a very well reasoned story behind this quite extraordinary statement?
Old 26 Jul 2009, 14:32 (Ref:2508358)   #502
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He's mad that Either an American make won, or that his beloved German teams/cars were "robbed" of the top spots.

So, do both the G2 and GT3 not deserve their wins too?
Old 26 Jul 2009, 14:45 (Ref:2508369)   #503
GrayWolf
Racer

Bulgaria
Sofia, Bulgaria
GrayWolf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
#3 and #70 were the best in their classes and they didnt win.
But that's sport-not always the best win.
Old 26 Jul 2009, 14:46 (Ref:2508372)   #504
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
The point of a 24 hour race is to get to the finish WITH no problems. PK and AF Corsa did just that.
Old 26 Jul 2009, 14:51 (Ref:2508373)   #505
GrayWolf
Racer

Bulgaria
Sofia, Bulgaria
Yep and that's where the luck comes in:S
Old 26 Jul 2009, 14:53 (Ref:2508374)   #506
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
#3 and #70 were the best in their classes and they didnt win.
But that's sport-not always the best win.
That ofcourse is a load of excrement from a male cow.

The best DID win,namely the fastest and most reliably run C6-R.

Congratulations PK sport !
Old 26 Jul 2009, 14:56 (Ref:2508376)   #507
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
Quote:
Yep and that's where the luck comes in:S
Surely you must know that without luck,no team will win a race.

One can turn up with the best drivers and best machinery,but without a bit of luck the race will be lost.
Old 26 Jul 2009, 14:59 (Ref:2508378)   #508
GrayWolf
Racer

Bulgaria
Sofia, Bulgaria
Just in case you didnt notice the best car with the best line-up was the SRT Corvette.
Old 26 Jul 2009, 15:09 (Ref:2508383)   #509
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Just in case you didnt notice the best car with the best line-up was the SRT Corvette.
Not so sure about that. Kumpen and Hezemans aren't exactly slowpokes.

Ya SRT had Gavin in their team but I don't think Longin and Ruffier are any better than PK's regulars.
Old 26 Jul 2009, 15:16 (Ref:2508388)   #510
GrayWolf
Racer

Bulgaria
Sofia, Bulgaria
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewF31 View Post
Not so sure about that. Kumpen and Hezemans aren't exactly slowpokes.

Ya SRT had Gavin in their team but I don't think Longin and Ruffier are any better than PK's regulars.
I dont have to be sure.Numbers talk for themselves.
Old 26 Jul 2009, 15:30 (Ref:2508392)   #511
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Hahahahahahaha.

Ruffier was about as fast as a Nissan with 3 wheels in his one stint. I guess having a disposable driver makes it the best lineup in the field? Gavin and Soulet were mighty, and Longin largely held up his end of the bargain, but Hezemans/Kumpen/Menten/Mollekens was a more rounded lineup, and the two Dutchmen were very rapid indeed.

Crying shame for SRT though, I thought this was their year with the P&M support and running their fast drivers so much, but good to see a local team win and Corvette break Maserati's stranglehold on the race. We also got 21 amazing hours of battle for the lead, but not the last hour drama of several previous 24s.

Audi Sport again showed why they have unquestionably been the sportscar gold standard in the first decade of this century, and all 4 drivers did a fantastic job, Margaritis showing very favourably alongside Fassler and Basseng.
Old 26 Jul 2009, 15:38 (Ref:2508397)   #512
GrayWolf
Racer

Bulgaria
Sofia, Bulgaria
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk View Post
Hahahahahahaha.

Ruffier was about as fast as a Nissan with 3 wheels in his one stint. I guess having a disposable driver makes it the best lineup in the field? Gavin and Soulet were mighty, and Longin largely held up his end of the bargain, but Hezemans/Kumpen/Menten/Mollekens was a more rounded lineup, and the two Dutchmen were very rapid indeed.

Crying shame for SRT though, I thought this was their year with the P&M support and running their fast drivers so much, but good to see a local team win and Corvette break Maserati's stranglehold on the race. We also got 21 amazing hours of battle for the lead, but not the last hour drama of several previous 24s.

Audi Sport again showed why they have unquestionably been the sportscar gold standard in the first decade of this century, and all 4 drivers did a fantastic job, Margaritis showing very favourably alongside Fassler and Basseng.
I dont see anything funny at all.
Old 26 Jul 2009, 16:16 (Ref:2508415)   #513
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
Quote:
I dont see anything funny at all.
That is because you are no fun at all! You sound a bit like a spoiled little brat that can't take his loss.

Anyway,it's sad for the SRT boys,but as you so rightly put out,numbers don't lie and so doesn't the total amount of raced laps for the best and winning car(AND drivers),the PK Carsport Corvette!

Old 26 Jul 2009, 17:12 (Ref:2508464)   #514
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
GreyWolf, just zip it.
Old 26 Jul 2009, 17:17 (Ref:2508473)   #515
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What, the Spa 24hrs was this weekend?

I had no Internet coverage or Eurosport, but even so I've seen zero coverage, not even an update or two on Teletext!
Old 26 Jul 2009, 18:02 (Ref:2508517)   #516
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Gavin is probably the fastest of all the Corvette drivers, but Ruffier was dramatically slow.
Overall, I think the PK lineup was the most balanced one.

Gavin could not recover as much time as Rufffier lost.
Old 26 Jul 2009, 18:52 (Ref:2508561)   #517
Danny_GT2
Veteran

Ireland
Lucan, Ireland
Danny_GT2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a race, well done to PK Carsport, SRT, AF Corse, Phoenix & also Marc VDS for trying so hard to make the Ford cross the line, even though it's not classified!
Old 26 Jul 2009, 19:22 (Ref:2508576)   #518
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
Gavin is probably the fastest of all the Corvette drivers, but Ruffier was dramatically slow.
Overall, I think the PK lineup was the most balanced one.

Gavin could not recover as much time as Rufffier lost.
The SC usually worked against SRT too, as sometimes all your luck is bad...
Old 26 Jul 2009, 20:41 (Ref:2508621)   #519
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
"The results remain provisional pending technical checks on cars 59, 60, 61, 70 and 97."

How come?

Tom.
Old 26 Jul 2009, 21:06 (Ref:2508643)   #520
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yikes! That's all the GT2 Porsches that finished!
Old 26 Jul 2009, 22:20 (Ref:2508706)   #521
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Who left that dead rodent in here?
Old 26 Jul 2009, 22:29 (Ref:2508715)   #522
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
Gavin is probably the fastest of all the Corvette drivers...Overall, I think the PK lineup was the most balanced one.
I agree about the PK lineup, Hezemans and Kumpin are both very fast and Mollekens is reasonably fast, certainly not slow. Menten is also very good; Remember his run at FIA-GT Magny Cours round a few years ago when he and Belloc took second only a few seconds behind the PK Corvette? Menten was stellar in that race and had set the pole time in qualifying. This 24 hour Spa was a great race for both SRT and PK. Shame that SRT had the engine trouble at the end, it would have been a fun last 2 hours if not.

DK
Old 26 Jul 2009, 23:07 (Ref:2508762)   #523
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbusA346 View Post
"The results remain provisional pending technical checks on cars 59, 60, 61, 70 and 97."

How come?

Tom.

This better be a joke.
Old 27 Jul 2009, 02:22 (Ref:2508812)   #524
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Congrats to PK Racing!

I was hoping that SRT might pull through for the win to pay off the great driving of Gavin but it wasnt to be, a shame but PK had the better driving lineup overall and they wholeheartedly deserved the win. I would've been happy if either of the Vettes had won, beats another Vitaphone win.

Also to Gigawave/Nismo for taking the GT-R to third in class, a great result for next year's car, no doubt helped by a stellar driver lineup.

Congrats too to AF Corse for winning GT2 even with Compnac in the car amongst the three other gun drivers.

The same could be said for Phoenix, wow! I knew they would do well and they certainly did. Audi would do well to build a R8 GT1 for next year, and to get Phoenix to run a factory backed team next year in FIA GT.

I hope Ratel's plan to ban GT1 from next years race fails, I dont think many people would be upset if it does.
Old 27 Jul 2009, 05:58 (Ref:2508843)   #525
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Congrats to PK Racing!

I was hoping that SRT might pull through for the win to pay off the great driving of Gavin but it wasnt to be, a shame but PK had the better driving lineup overall and they wholeheartedly deserved the win. I would've been happy if either of the Vettes had won, beats another Vitaphone win.

Also to Gigawave/Nismo for taking the GT-R to third in class, a great result for next year's car, no doubt helped by a stellar driver lineup.

Congrats too to AF Corse for winning GT2 even with Compnac in the car amongst the three other gun drivers.

The same could be said for Phoenix, wow! I knew they would do well and they certainly did. Audi would do well to build a R8 GT1 for next year, and to get Phoenix to run a factory backed team next year in FIA GT.

I hope Ratel's plan to ban GT1 from next years race fails, I dont think many people would be upset if it does.
I wonder if enough people's dismay might convince Ratel to put the GT1 cars back in?