Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Old 9 May 2005, 18:12 (Ref:1296909)   #26
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman
>>>>>>>>>>>>the Longbridge 100

I'm doing that one - see you there Peter. But I don't recall an Austin Capri????
LOL I'm only allowed to enter the all comers 75km race at the end of the weekend.

But we'll be there complete with our MGB as well providing its new engine and suspension is installed in time.
Old 10 May 2005, 15:52 (Ref:1297605)   #27
RTH
Racer

RTH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just had an e-mail inviting me to enter a 2hr club sportscar race (Caterhams etc) at Pembury 11/12th June .........the entry fee £650...........I think not !
Old 10 May 2005, 19:01 (Ref:1297720)   #28
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
They are losing the plot!
Old 10 May 2005, 19:31 (Ref:1297750)   #29
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
I got the same email, it is actualy 2.5 hours racing plus 30min practice. So that is 3 hours track time for £650 which equates to about £3.60 per minute. Compare that to the latest 750 MC offering of £175 at Pembrey for two 13 minute races and 15 minutes of practice, = £4.60 per min. (hope my maths are correct)
So value for money the endurance race is better providing you don't get bored after 15 minutes and your car is up to it..
Old 10 May 2005, 19:58 (Ref:1297763)   #30
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Got to say I'm moving more towards the "endurance" races. You tend to get better meetings and there's that value for money thing to. Also you get the chance to watch other cars and pick your moment for passing.

Much less hassle, much more fun, unless you're on track whilst certain Mustang drivers are out there. Then you have to factor in the bodywork repairs!

Last edited by Peter Mallett; 10 May 2005 at 19:59. Reason: poxy keyboard can't spell
Old 10 May 2005, 20:32 (Ref:1297789)   #31
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
I know I have asked this before Peter but what about the fuel situation with these races. do they allow refuelling in the pit lane, special rigs, crew, more money etc. etc.
Old 10 May 2005, 20:46 (Ref:1297796)   #32
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
The special rig is normally a jerry can and funnel.
Old 10 May 2005, 22:14 (Ref:1297875)   #33
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
More to the point, they do allow it though because I remember a long distance race at Pembrey where they did not allow refuelling in the pits, that is my major concern to be honest as my chevy tank has been cut down to aroung 10 gallons and those things like a drop of squirt.
Old 11 May 2005, 04:04 (Ref:1298001)   #34
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Al,

In answer to your question. Sometimes.

It depends on the club, the event and the location. Generally a one hour race will not allow re fuelling. Top Hat doesn't. The CTCRC used to allow it for the one hour all classes races but I don't believe that is the case now.

Besides that most tanks need to be FIA compliant these days so if you have to replace yours you may as well get an 80 litre tank and do some longer races.
Old 11 May 2005, 22:06 (Ref:1298732)   #35
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Quote:
Besides that most tanks need to be FIA compliant these days so if you have to replace yours you may as well get an 80 litre tank and do some longer races.
Is that another new regulation? I have not seen that in the 2004 Blue Book (don't have the 2005 yet), I though my tank being foam filled and covered with glass fibre as per their spec would be OK.
Old 12 May 2005, 04:18 (Ref:1298851)   #36
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
If its foam filled it should be ok then. However you do have to be able to prove it.
Old 12 May 2005, 18:43 (Ref:1299384)   #37
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
I was not aware the the Classic Touring Car Club rules required FIA compliance Peter, I do hope they don't, I will prepare the car to their regs and if I can't race it else where well so be it, full FIA compliance just going to be a bit costly to achieve.
Old 12 May 2005, 18:49 (Ref:1299387)   #38
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I'm not sure if CTCRC are asking for it. However mine is and so are many others.

I als detect the MSA trying to come into line woth the FIA. Indeed the BARC has also reinforced things by only allowing FIA approved (ie current) overalls this year.
Old 12 May 2005, 19:13 (Ref:1299397)   #39
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Oh well thats a real good way to ensure even less competitors. I would not have thought it so bad getting a car like your Capri up to FIA spec but not so easy with old yanks. Don't even know if the models are homologated!
Old 12 May 2005, 19:18 (Ref:1299398)   #40
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Al,

We are waaaay off topic. Homologation isn't the issue. Safety is.
Old 12 May 2005, 19:43 (Ref:1299416)   #41
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Oh I see I misread that when I was reading up on FIA papers for vehicles which is what I thought Top Hat were on about. I will put FIA seat, belts, extinguisher in etc and see where we go from there.
Old 12 May 2005, 20:15 (Ref:1299437)   #42
big andy
Veteran

United Kingdom
doncaster
big andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbig andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
is there a 2000cc limit on this race my information says there is
Old 12 May 2005, 22:37 (Ref:1299513)   #43
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
I am probably talking about the Groovy Baby or whatever, maybe that is why they never responded to my internet registration with them, they just don't want me