Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 16 Feb 2012, 00:45 (Ref:3026404)   #726
Rugz
Rookie

New Zealand
West Auckland
Rugz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I should add, they are in BMWs(I think) at the moment, not jumping ship from NZV8.
Old 16 Feb 2012, 00:54 (Ref:3026405)   #727
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
and for those who weren't at track side during the test?

there are press releases all over the place about Angus driving the black and white car. yet none about the STDs one day out from the biggest meeting in the history of motorsport? odd that
Old 16 Feb 2012, 02:25 (Ref:3026427)   #728
DRIFDY
Rookie

DRIFDY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think NZV8s should focus on building an car that can be adapted for use in various NZ classes and aimed at teams/drivers whos only real want is to compeat in a national champs.
V8ST have a great car,whats the cost of a new ST vs V8SC cof and a ex V8SC, I think NZST should try covert the Fujitsu v8 guys to brand new V8ST
Old 16 Feb 2012, 07:50 (Ref:3026478)   #729
Speedwayracer44
Rookie

Speedwayracer44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As an ex Kiwi and close to the action, here's my prediction from the other side and god knows where V8SC are heading cause Archer Capital are raising their axe and its falling quickly. The MSC will go broke very shortly for a lot, my sources tell me that your TV company nearly didnt go to the NZGP as someone forgot to pay the bill..........again. Suzuki, Toyota, V8 Utes and 5000 other member have had sand thrown in their face due to your governing body taking sides on behalf of 10-15 drivers and teams at the most and one confirmed sale by a man way down south and note only one not two. Do you really think these 3 classes are happy the sport and its promotional arm have taken sides. How stupid. Ruapuna a shareholder of MSC told them they would not have anything to do with the December meeting and saved themself a 60k loss, again and I reckon Taupo which has a man at the top who knows that 1 + 1 = 2 will do the same and knows the wicked ways of MSC. The writing is on the wall, MSC have screwed the top end of the sport, the governing body has intervened and now taken sides as well but its all in vain. The other classes have had it and obviously a lot of competitors have had it as well and voted with their cars and their feet. Listen up! Get rid of the crooks, egos and reconcile.
Old 16 Feb 2012, 07:59 (Ref:3026481)   #730
Speedwayracer44
Rookie

so glad ST has happened otherwise if you are an enthusiast there would be nothing to look forward to apart from V8SC and judging by the dramas in their new car, ST is looking very good. Wouldnt surprise me if some V8SC officials (well those that are left) are spotted at HD this weekend.
Old 16 Feb 2012, 11:24 (Ref:3026567)   #731
DX20VT
Racer

DX20VT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by on_to_it View Post
Suzuki, the Utes etc all will pack up and go over to the dark side and we will be able to watch a cracking good show again.

Can't see them running their full series with them as long as V8ST only run at 4 out of 7 tracks in NZ.

If the V8ST ran a full country wide series at all the locations,
then there would probably be no reason for Suzuki NZ and the Ute organisers etc not to take the series's and run with the ST's instead.
Old 17 Feb 2012, 07:07 (Ref:3026938)   #732
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Old 17 Feb 2012, 08:02 (Ref:3026952)   #733
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
SuperTourers set to go after bumpy ride to start line

By Shaun Summerfield

The first round of the V8 SuperTourers gets away this weekend at Hamilton’s Hampton Downs circuit.

There were fears from drivers that the brakes would be put on the race before it even started due legal action against the directors of the new series.

They were at full pace in practice for their inaugural race weekend, but off the circuit bosses of the new series face a bumpy ride.

After Veega, the holding company of the rival New Zealand V8 Championship, launched High Court proceedings against their former directors who started the rival series.

Chairman Ian Tulloch says the directors at that time, who were given the responsibility to develop the car of the future for NZV8s, “have taken that information and left and formed a new company SuperTourers”.

Veega says that the former directors, including Mark Petch, breached responsibilities in the way they dealt with confidential designs and development work, including using shareholders funds.

Veega want the former directors to pay for actions which they say damaged the NZV8s and they are looking for a share of the SuperTourer profits.

“We need to make the former directors accountable for their actions and what they've done to the sport,” says Mr Tulloch.

The action does not affect the series, which is a relief to the drivers.

In the meantime a new NZV8 bearing a striking resemblance to the SuperTourer has been developed, but so far neither series is talking about any sort of reunion.

me thinks Shaun needs to open both eyes
Old 17 Feb 2012, 09:50 (Ref:3026997)   #734
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
SuperTourers set to go after bumpy ride to start line

By Shaun Summerfield

The first round of the V8 SuperTourers gets away this weekend at Hamilton’s Hampton Downs circuit.

There were fears from drivers that the brakes would be put on the race before it even started due legal action against the directors of the new series.

They were at full pace in practice for their inaugural race weekend, but off the circuit bosses of the new series face a bumpy ride.

After Veega, the holding company of the rival New Zealand V8 Championship, launched High Court proceedings against their former directors who started the rival series.

Chairman Ian Tulloch says the directors at that time, who were given the responsibility to develop the car of the future for NZV8s, “have taken that information and left and formed a new company SuperTourers”.

Veega says that the former directors, including Mark Petch, breached responsibilities in the way they dealt with confidential designs and development work, including using shareholders funds.

Veega want the former directors to pay for actions which they say damaged the NZV8s and they are looking for a share of the SuperTourer profits.

“We need to make the former directors accountable for their actions and what they've done to the sport,” says Mr Tulloch.

The action does not affect the series, which is a relief to the drivers.

In the meantime a new NZV8 bearing a striking resemblance to the SuperTourer has been developed, but so far neither series is talking about any sort of reunion.

me thinks Shaun needs to open both eyes
Why change the habit of a lifetime?
Old 17 Feb 2012, 10:41 (Ref:3027021)   #735
KRDG
Rookie

KRDG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedwayracer44 View Post
As an ex Kiwi and close to the action, here's my prediction from the other side and god knows where V8SC are heading cause Archer Capital are raising their axe and its falling quickly. The MSC will go broke very shortly for a lot, my sources tell me that your TV company nearly didnt go to the NZGP as someone forgot to pay the bill..........again. Suzuki, Toyota, V8 Utes and 5000 other member have had sand thrown in their face due to your governing body taking sides on behalf of 10-15 drivers and teams at the most and one confirmed sale by a man way down south and note only one not two. Do you really think these 3 classes are happy the sport and its promotional arm have taken sides. How stupid. Ruapuna a shareholder of MSC told them they would not have anything to do with the December meeting and saved themself a 60k loss, again and I reckon Taupo which has a man at the top who knows that 1 + 1 = 2 will do the same and knows the wicked ways of MSC. The writing is on the wall, MSC have screwed the top end of the sport, the governing body has intervened and now taken sides as well but its all in vain. The other classes have had it and obviously a lot of competitors have had it as well and voted with their cars and their feet. Listen up! Get rid of the crooks, egos and reconcile.

You are on to it. Very clear. There will be no reconciliation however.

By the way F5000's are supporting the last ST endurance round at Ruapuna at Labour WE.

By then TMC (MSC) will no longer exist at least not with the shareholding it has now or directors.
Old 17 Feb 2012, 23:52 (Ref:3027368)   #736
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
As an ex Kiwi and close to the action, here's my prediction from the other side and god knows where V8SC are heading cause Archer Capital are raising their axe and its falling quickly. The MSC will go broke very shortly for a lot, my sources tell me that your TV company nearly didnt go to the NZGP as someone forgot to pay the bill..........again. Suzuki, Toyota, V8 Utes and 5000 other member have had sand thrown in their face due to your governing body taking sides on behalf of 10-15 drivers and teams at the most and one confirmed sale by a man way down south and note only one not two. Do you really think these 3 classes are happy the sport and its promotional arm have taken sides. How stupid. Ruapuna a shareholder of MSC told them they would not have anything to do with the December meeting and saved themself a 60k loss, again and I reckon Taupo which has a man at the top who knows that 1 + 1 = 2 will do the same and knows the wicked ways of MSC. The writing is on the wall, MSC have screwed the top end of the sport, the governing bodhas intervened and now taken sides as well but its all in vain. The other classes have had it and obviously a lot of competitors have had it as well and voted with their cars and their feet. Listen up! Get rid of the crooks, egos and reconcile.
first your mate reckon the orange falcon was the only new gen sold.. now some man way down south is the only one that has purchased one? tui anyone?
Old 18 Feb 2012, 00:56 (Ref:3027385)   #737
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
Why change the habit of a lifetime?

Old 18 Feb 2012, 08:15 (Ref:3027467)   #738
DX20VT
Racer

DX20VT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
In the meantime a new NZV8 bearing a striking resemblance to the SuperTourer has been developed,

Gee, they look like Holden and Falcon's, and so do the other one's !!
Old 19 Feb 2012, 19:44 (Ref:3028054)   #739
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
strange that
Old 19 Feb 2012, 21:33 (Ref:3028110)   #740
speedreader
Racer

Australia
speedreader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bring back the Global Sports days - people who REALLY knew how to run a race series successfully (and commercially...) for the benefit of ALL competitors, officials and spectators !!!
Old 19 Feb 2012, 21:38 (Ref:3028112)   #741
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedreader View Post
Bring back the Global Sports days - people who REALLY knew how to run a race series successfully (and commercially...) for the benefit of ALL competitors, officials and spectators !!!
Judging by the crowd numbers at HD this weekend, I would say the much-maligned ST boys seem to have a pretty good idea of how to get the fans through the gate...

I'd like to see some additional support classes though, CMC's rock of course but not very much else did unless you like utes with pies and boy-racers in drift cars

Promax was on the nose with that one!
Old 19 Feb 2012, 21:39 (Ref:3028114)   #742
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
That was probably a bit harsh about the drifters....
Old 19 Feb 2012, 21:47 (Ref:3028122)   #743
BlueBlood
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
BlueBlood should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
That was probably a bit harsh about the drifters....
Not at all.

To some of us it is just synchronized swimming on tarmac.
Old 19 Feb 2012, 21:52 (Ref:3028128)   #744
Speedwayracer44
Rookie

Someone has informed me last night that the man that owns the orange Falcon has resigned from NZV8 scene. Seems he may have been screwed by some dodgy individuals. There may have been another resignation last week as well? Anyone know anymore. From reports seems HD was a pretty good weekend.
Old 19 Feb 2012, 22:02 (Ref:3028133)   #745
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Someone has informed me last night that the man that owns the orange Falcon has resigned from NZV8 scene. Seems he may have been screwed by some dodgy individuals. There may have been another resignation last week as well? Anyone know anymore. From reports seems HD was a pretty good weekend.
It was a good day Saturday, sadly I missed Sunday but it would have been better I would say. I will certainly be back for the next local round.

I'd heard orange Falcon rumours too, anyone shed any light?
Old 19 Feb 2012, 22:05 (Ref:3028134)   #746
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Judging by the crowd numbers at HD this weekend, I would say the much-maligned ST boys seem to have a pretty good idea of how to get the fans through the gate...

I'd like to see some additional support classes though, CMC's rock of course but not very much else did unless you like utes with pies and boy-racers in drift cars

Promax was on the nose with that one!
well it was expected since it was 1st round even the F5000's got over 10,000 through the gate at HD. but would you now rush off and buy a ticket to the Ruapuna round to watch STs, Hondas and ummm, ummm, umm what else will be racing that weekend?
Old 19 Feb 2012, 22:07 (Ref:3028137)   #747
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
It was a good day Saturday, sadly I missed Sunday but it would have been better I would say. I will certainly be back for the next local round.

I'd heard orange Falcon rumours too, anyone shed any light?
umm can we get rid of all the dodgy individuals then?
Old 19 Feb 2012, 22:12 (Ref:3028141)   #748
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Not from motorsport - look at almost any series worldwide and you'll find a few!
Old 19 Feb 2012, 22:22 (Ref:3028143)   #749
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
on_to_it has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
I doubt it PM. There are some good guys in the mix, but motorsport is full of big egos, big talkers with little substance, dodgy sods and ruthless b_ _ tards. But they all add to the flavour, and it's very cool when everything goes well, and a plan comes together.
Old 19 Feb 2012, 22:42 (Ref:3028147)   #750
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
I hear TKR are looking for a NZV8 franchise...