Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 5 Jul 2017, 18:27 (Ref:3749147)   #1
kpkorsager
Racer

Denmark
Vojens
kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!
My 2017 Story

So the 2017 Le Mans has come to an end. We all have been home for a couple of weeks and it is time to think back and evaluate the whole thing.

For me, CTD, my son and Louise Le Mans started with the packing of our rental car i Germany. With the entire luggage for the International TT Camp (ITTC): 16 tents, BBQ, Gas bottle, 2 tables and cooler box the car was very full. As always we managed to close the doors and we were off.

Using most of the day and half the night we arrived at Houx and found our row of spots. 3 quick tents and a few hours of sleep later we started to build the camp so that we were ready to receive the others.

2017 will always be special to me, as it is the first year where my ideas for the ITTC came to live. We had people from all over the world with us, and just as many from other countries as from Denmark.

Tuesday and Wednesday was the big moving in days and soon we were 5 Americans, 2 from the UK, 2 Romanians, 1 Swede, 1 Australian and 11 Danes all there to see the race and have a good time. Most of the people had been to Le Mans before so everyone had some ideas of what they wanted to do and what they wanted to see. As a lot of us knew each other from previous years the atmosphere in camp was very friendly.

Wednesday was used seeing the near part of the trackside and a few people went to the museum. Everybody just finding them self and settling in.

Thursday morning we went for a drive down Mulsanne and all the way to Porsche curves. Most of the crew went to see some track action and the first Qualifying. In the evening we drove down to Arnage corner to see the first hour of last qualifying.
With us we had a secret passenger careful hidden in a small bag in a box. The secret passenger must have been a Magician, cause he managed to make one of us disappear for 2½ hour and reappear as mr. Wallpaper later.

Well the rest of us went to Mulsanne Corner to watch the rest of the Q3. But again our secret passenger managed a little magic. So now we were missing mr. Wallpaper and we were joined by Sir Chuckalot. Luckily we were in Europe. No punishment for being naked. Except from a bit of bullying in camp :-).
On the way back to camp we had a call from Mr. Wallpaper, so we picked him up in Arnage and went strait home in bed.

Friday was pitwalk and driver parade. After a long hot day i Le Mans center we split up to find some good frence food. A very nice evening.

Raceday: Up early and after a good breakfast it was off to find a good spot on the terrace in front of the grandstands. After that it was time for at highlight of the whole tour: the Ten Tenths meeting. As always a lot of good food and a lot of old friends. I just love meeting up with your guys and hear a little of what happened in the last year.
And as always a lot of good food and drinks.
Personaly I found it very hot, so we were soon back in camp and getting ready to go and see night race instead. So Louise and Johannes (my son) and I went to Arnage with our sleeping bags and watched the Toyotas die from there before we went for a couple of hours of sleep.
Sunday after breakfast we packed the camp into the cars, so that they were ready to drive home when the race ended. We said our goodbye and wandered off to see the end of the race. It was a great time in the camp and I hope to see all of you again some time.
Thanks to CTD, KPY, Giba aka Sir Chuckalot, ATLFalconsFAN, Madkart aka Mr. Wallpaper,Willxr50, Dani Filth, Victor_RO and CJD187 and friends for making this a LeMans never to be forgotten.
See you all 2018
Kpkorsager

Last edited by Aysedasi; 16 Jul 2017 at 19:13.
Old 5 Jul 2017, 21:08 (Ref:3749174)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Great stuff Kenn......
Old 5 Jul 2017, 21:35 (Ref:3749178)   #3
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Love reading this, erverybody lives Le Mans his own way.
Old 6 Jul 2017, 06:28 (Ref:3749235)   #4
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Sounds like you certainly had a Le mans to remember
Old 6 Jul 2017, 10:13 (Ref:3749256)   #5
Brake dust
Racer

United States
Brake dust should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great Story/Post.
Old 6 Jul 2017, 16:47 (Ref:3749307)   #6
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
This made me chuckle quite a bit.

It was a great time, so much of the fun we had we owe to you Kenn. We couldn't ask for a better host and organizer. Through the ups and the downs you somehow manage to keep an even keel and roll with whatever we threw at you. Thanks to that little magician (whose spell I did not fall under), I realized that my previous toilet paper transgressions were no longer that bad.

The International Camp is special, my Le Mans experience will never be the same unless I am a part of it. Such a great group of people. It's fun knowing that this close group of friends will be there, and even if it has been a year or two since our last meeting the camaraderie and friendship will pick up right where it left off.

Thanks again and I'm looking forward to when we meet again!
Old 6 Jul 2017, 19:54 (Ref:3749347)   #7
Giba
Racer

United Kingdom
Leeds
Giba should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great story (apart from Thursday night )

Echo what was said about the international camp, a great bunch of people to experience Le Mans with!
Old 7 Jul 2017, 12:29 (Ref:3749429)   #8
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Good fun as always, and nice to share the event with passionate people, it's my favorite thing about going to Le Mans. Hopefully see you all again next year.
Old 7 Jul 2017, 17:36 (Ref:3749466)   #9
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks once again Kenn.
Old 8 Jul 2017, 18:49 (Ref:3749644)   #10
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Great story Kenn,
On thursday afternoon I could spend some hours with the group. It was a very pleasant moment.
Old 9 Jul 2017, 13:52 (Ref:3749778)   #11
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks so much Kenn.
Being part of your group made my LM 2017 very special.
It was a pleasure to catch up with old friends and to make new ones!
Old 16 Jul 2017, 15:16 (Ref:3751823)   #12
kpkorsager
Racer

Denmark
Vojens
kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!
thanks everybody.

Look forward to see you all 2018

admin: please change subjekt to 2017 in sted og 2018
Old 16 Jul 2017, 15:33 (Ref:3751845)   #13
kpkorsager
Racer

Denmark
Vojens
btw. 2018 camp is up on the forum
Old 16 Jul 2017, 18:50 (Ref:3751956)   #14
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Ken (or one of the mods)can you change the title to 2017
Old 16 Jul 2017, 19:13 (Ref:3751962)   #15
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Good spot Simon!
Old 17 Jul 2017, 20:37 (Ref:3752246)   #16
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkorsager View Post
Danish Autocorrect got you there Kenn
Old 17 Jul 2017, 20:55 (Ref:3752252)   #17
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkorsager View Post
thanks everybody.

Look forward to see you all 2018

Sorry Kenn, I missed that.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post

Not quite such a good spot after all.....