Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 1 Nov 2012, 11:25 (Ref:3161016)   #1
SouthAussie94
Rookie

Australia
Adelaide
SouthAussie94 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Vector Racer

I've found this really cool race track game.

http://www.harmmade.com/vectorracer/

In the racetrack game, you attempt to complete one lap of a track on squared paper using vector movement. There is an important restriction, however: you can only accelerate or decelerate by one square per direction (X and Y) per turn. So if your first move is one up and one right, your next move can be either 0, 1 or 2 right, and either 0, 1 or 2 up. If you decide to move (2,2), then even if you decelerate on the next turn, you will still be forced to move up and right by one square. That gives the game a cursory connection to real life physics; if you’ve been accelerating too fast down a straight, for example, you might not be able to make the turn at the end of it.

If that explanation wasn’t detailed enough for you, check out the game’s Wikipedia page.

contains a number of past and present F1 tracks You can try your hand against AI or other players at Monaco, Zandvoort, Bahrain, Hockenheim, Spa, Interlagos and Monza. You might want to start off with one of the simpler tracks if you are new to the game, though, as it’s more difficult than it appears! Once you’re really up to speed, you can create your own track and import it into the game.

Have a go and tell me what you think! There’s no online multiplayer version, sadly, but we can share our track records here
Old 1 Nov 2012, 23:01 (Ref:3161288)   #2
dyewat808
Veteran

United Kingdom
dyewat808 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is a very clever idea - a nice way of explaining the principles of racing lines. I've just started playing it now! Thanks for the link!
Old 2 Nov 2012, 19:59 (Ref:3161665)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That's fun - but I need to practice, I suck at that!