Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 14 Jun 2016, 23:44 (Ref:3649725)   #51
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
OK, fans of Dan. Dan will be moving house soon.

His new address will be:

"43 Coulthard Corner
Bergerzone
WebberWorld"

Thanks.
Old 15 Jun 2016, 01:49 (Ref:3649739)   #52
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Not sinceMV joined the team that DR has been in almost 3 years
Excuses excuses
Old 15 Jun 2016, 04:58 (Ref:3649768)   #53
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCWB View Post
Yeah exactly. Dan did everything right on Saturday and on Sunday up until turn 3, where he lost out to Max when he had to get around a recovering Rosberg. A bit unlucky maybe, much like the strategy call that compromised him in Spain, but that's the challenge of motor racing!
While he was disadvantaged at the start by Rosberg, Daniel has admitted he screwed up his race when during the 2nd stint he flat-spotted his tyres and a further pit stop put him behind Kimi..

Not sure about Bergerzone but it does remind me of when a quick young fellow from Toro Rosso joined the Red Bull team a few years ago and out-performed the established driver.
Old 15 Jun 2016, 06:22 (Ref:3649796)   #54
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAS33 View Post
Excuses excuses
Excuses? Why would the best driver in the team have an excuse for being the best?
Old 15 Jun 2016, 06:38 (Ref:3649801)   #55
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Excuses? Why would the best driver in the team have an excuse for being the best?
Like that time he crashed in Monaco? lol
Old 15 Jun 2016, 07:44 (Ref:3649815)   #56
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
DR won't have attracted too much professional admiration with his complaints in Monaco. Better to take one for the team in public and remember who helped him win his 3 races
Old 15 Jun 2016, 08:37 (Ref:3649821)   #57
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Like that time he crashed in Monaco? lol
What excuse did he present for the crash - that's right - none. 'unfortunately I made mistake and hit the wall'

You suggested that scoring more points than your team-mate was an excuse for something - what is it an excuse for?
Old 15 Jun 2016, 09:42 (Ref:3649833)   #58
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
Quote:
What excuse did he present for the crash - that's right - none. 'unfortunately I made mistake and hit the wall'

You suggested that scoring more points than your team-mate was an excuse for something - what is it an excuse for?

Your reading into my comments way too much. All banter mate.
Old 15 Jun 2016, 09:45 (Ref:3649834)   #59
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
ahh "banter", that's what the fanboys hide behind when they've run out of ammo
Old 15 Jun 2016, 10:55 (Ref:3649851)   #60
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
ahh "banter", that's what the fanboys hide behind when they've run out of ammo
Ahhh Max's number 1 fangirl.
Old 15 Jun 2016, 11:01 (Ref:3649852)   #61
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Your reading into my comments way too much. All banter mate.
[meta]'Banter: an exchange of light, playful, teasing remarks'[/meta]
Old 15 Jun 2016, 11:42 (Ref:3649866)   #62
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Ahhh Max's number 1 fangirl.
trust me, i've heard way too many stories about jos and max through karting to ever be considered a fangirl
Old 15 Jun 2016, 12:28 (Ref:3649874)   #63
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
Quote:
trust me, i've heard way too many stories about jos and max through karting to ever be considered a fangirl

I'm sure they were great nursery rhymes.
Old 15 Jun 2016, 13:43 (Ref:3649891)   #64
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Its still 3 nil to Ricciardo in qualifying.

Daniel is quicker.
Old 15 Jun 2016, 16:21 (Ref:3649970)   #65
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
😊 Yes indeed !
Old 15 Jun 2016, 17:50 (Ref:3650024)   #66
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Bad stories about dad yes but also about junior?
Old 15 Jun 2016, 21:20 (Ref:3650251)   #67
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
this is where it gets a bit muddy, because i don't have too much of a problem with junior aside from the standard racer shoddy attitude towards girls. the thing is that if i support junior, is that supporting seniors parenting methods and the way he treated juniors competitors? am i saying that it's a valid and good way of going about motorsport?

junior is absolutely a brilliant driver, he seems a nice lad and i'm happy to say that, but i can't cheer for him or support him beyond recognising how good or bad he's been on track. does that make sense?
Old 15 Jun 2016, 21:26 (Ref:3650261)   #68
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
...if i support junior, is that supporting seniors parenting methods and the way he treated juniors competitors?
IMHO, the answer is that you can't judge people based upon how their parents act. You can only judge them based upon how they act. So in short support for junior implies nothing about senior.

Richard
Old 15 Jun 2016, 21:48 (Ref:3650271)   #69
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
that's nice in theory, but it's really not like that in practice and i think there's a lot of people who feel similarly. they really respect juniors abilities (and feel sorry for him too) but senior's way of conducting himself just leaves a bad taste in peoples mouths and make it hard for them to truly get behind junior and his achievements.
Old 17 Jun 2016, 11:41 (Ref:3650907)   #70
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Meant 2 crashes to Max in this race. Ricciardo none.

1-0 in Baku?
Old 17 Jun 2016, 12:32 (Ref:3650926)   #71
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
*gets some popcorn and settles in*

this is gonna be an expensive weekend
Old 17 Jun 2016, 16:12 (Ref:3650997)   #72
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
Easy win for Ricciardo here..
Old 17 Jun 2016, 16:14 (Ref:3650999)   #73
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
Quote:
1-0 in Baku?
Still doesn't beat Max Crashtappens 3 offs during the Monaco GP.
Old 17 Jun 2016, 16:39 (Ref:3651008)   #74
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!

Quote:
Still doesn't beat Max Crashtappens 3 offs during the Monaco GP.
There's still FP3 and Q to go. And if that's not enough the race on Sunday.
Old 17 Jun 2016, 16:42 (Ref:3651010)   #75
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
that's nice in theory, but it's really not like that in practice and i think there's a lot of people who feel similarly. they really respect juniors abilities (and feel sorry for him too) but senior's way of conducting himself just leaves a bad taste in peoples mouths and make it hard for them to truly get behind junior and his achievements.
Mixed about this. I can understand your opinion but on the other hand like Richard says you can judge kids on their parents behavior.