Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 13 Aug 2000, 22:41 (Ref:30251)   #1
Joe Fan
Veteran

Joe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJoe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He deserves all the accolades he receives after that performance at the Glen. Winning his first race of his Winston Cup career and especially on a road course, holding off a great road racer like Mark Martin. That was pretty impressive.
Old 14 Aug 2000, 01:47 (Ref:30321)   #2
BMWRacerITS
Rookie

BMWRacerITS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree! I was glad to see him win!

I would have liked to have seen Gordon giving chase though. Too bad Tony Stewart was a little overzealous on the second lap and decided Gordon wasn't going to get past him. That was one of the dumbest moves I have seen in a while, forcing himself and Gordon both to pit and lose position!

------------------
Auto racing, bullfighting, and rock climbing are the only real sports...
all others are games.
-Ernest Hemingway
Old 14 Aug 2000, 01:49 (Ref:30322)   #3
Lee
Racer

Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had heard that Steve Park had won the race. Congradulations are in order for him. Park has been due for a good while now. Kind of ironic isn't it, that the team that Earnhardt owns has won more races than the team that he drives for.
Old 15 Aug 2000, 04:19 (Ref:30635)   #4
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
yep congrats to steve park, drove a great race...tony stewart drove a good race finishing 6th or whatever it was...stewart obviously thought that if jeff gordon got past him (lap 2) it would have been the last he saw of him for the race....i suppose jeff will think twice about when he overtakes stewart in the future. i can see these 2 drivers being rivals for the next 10-15 years.
Old 15 Aug 2000, 06:06 (Ref:30642)   #5
BMWRacerITS
Rookie

BMWRacerITS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stewart probably would have finished higher if he hadn't run Gordon off the road. Stewart admitted it was his fault today after he jumped out of the car cursing at Gordon after the race. I imagine the tapes he saw didn't lie, and I'm sure Earnhardt told him he better fess up after acting like a jerk after the race.

If Stewart hadn't had to pit after his run-in with Gordon, he would have been in the hunt for the lead as quickly as he proved to be able to run. The "red mist" obviously obscurred Stewart's thoughts during the second lap of the race. I would have liked to have seen Stewart and Gordon battle it out at the end too...