Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 4 Nov 2005, 03:54 (Ref:1451797)   #26
asha
Veteran

asha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Cranker
And the fact we are a only a "reformed convict colony".......
with good weather!
Old 4 Nov 2005, 06:26 (Ref:1451839)   #27
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to AMCN;

- Alex Hoffman for the third Suzuki (seperate sponsorship though)
- Muggeridge to partner Toseland (though Laconi was sniffing out the ride)
- Mentioned the Chili / Fabrizio team, but said it was at Klaffi Honda.
Old 4 Nov 2005, 12:27 (Ref:1452050)   #28
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Toseland seems certain to get the Ten Kate ride. Josh Brookes sounds like a pretty good rider, as long as the Aussie Superbike series is strong, but maybe any Ten Kate ride would be in World Supersports for now? The Chili/Fabrizio pairing at Klaffi would make more sense, but it'd be a shame for Neukirchner to lose his ride after a pretty strong rookie season.
Old 4 Nov 2005, 15:43 (Ref:1452135)   #29
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Josh Brookes proved his talent when he won the World Supersport Championship race at Phillip Island in 2004 as a wilcard.

Would be good to see him get the spare seat at Ten Kate Honda in the World Supersports next year, he'd give Charpentier abit of hurry up in defending his crown to.

Be good to see Gobert back on a top bike again in Australia next year if it all comes off.
Old 4 Nov 2005, 20:05 (Ref:1452334)   #30
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Alex K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Which Gobert
Old 5 Nov 2005, 01:47 (Ref:1452530)   #31
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
Anthony, according to Uncle Crankers post above
Old 9 Nov 2005, 11:24 (Ref:1456229)   #32
ATF
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sheffield
ATF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In BSB news, Michael Rutter has signed for Stobart Honda and Glen Richards has signed for SMR Racing/Hydrex Honda. Wonder what's happening to Hawk Kawasaki?

And in WSBK, PSG-1 Kawasaki will run Laconi, Walker and Nieto - sounds like a good line-up to me. Also, Haga and Pitt will again run with Yamaha Italia with some factory support.
Old 9 Nov 2005, 12:25 (Ref:1456273)   #33
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And the one that was a new one to me was Hoffman -> Third factory Suzuki bike.
Old 9 Nov 2005, 12:50 (Ref:1456289)   #34
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Will PSG have any factory help for the Kawasakis? If not, they will probably be at the lower end of the top 10 at best, despite a strong riding team.

Interesting to see Hoffman switch codes, not sure how competitive he'll be. Are they definitely keeping Kagayama?

Stobart Honda desperately need to do better in 2006, and they certianly can't use the riders as an excuse anymore. Will Laverty or Mason be staying there?
Old 9 Nov 2005, 13:00 (Ref:1456301)   #35
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boots...
Will PSG have any factory help for the Kawasakis?
It's Kawasaki of Europe, or something like that, well... it's European Kawasaki factory team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boots...
Are they definitely keeping Kagayama?
Alstare and Corser wants him back next year, decision is Suzuki's one. Corser is saying Kagayama is in to Alstare for 99%.
But Boots... the fact is that Rizla Suzuki had difficult season this year, they have lost JR, and have no contract with second rider. Everybody is waiting for Suzuki decision.
Old 9 Nov 2005, 18:21 (Ref:1456529)   #36
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Think Kag would be great for the British series, he is the most popular rider out there really!
Good news for Rutter et al, very much doubt Mason will stay, he has done bugger all for too long now to be honest to deserve such a good seat.
Surprised at Richards to be honest, maybe Hawk have signed a bigger name or he just got woooed by the cash! Think he is looking at getting more power!
Also brilliant quote from Randy on Hoffman, who was in top eight qually times at the time, " guys, can you imagine de Puniet any higher than that!" He deserves a better crack and will be invaluable for Bridgestone aswell.
But Suzuki is such a dog of a bike, possibly still worst factory bike, and remember Kawasaki a few years back, htree bikes was a total disaster, three riders all with different styles! Have a word Denning!!
Old 10 Nov 2005, 06:30 (Ref:1456954)   #37
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
Hoffman is riding the third factory Suzuki in World Superbikes, not MotoGP.

Supposedly Kagayama's contract is with Suzuki Japan, meaning he goes basically where they want him, whereas Corser's contract was directly with Alstare/Francis Batta.
Old 10 Nov 2005, 10:14 (Ref:1457082)   #38
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
Have Suzuki confirmed running 3 bikes in WSBK, or merely confirmed Corser and Hoffman? If not, Kagayama returning to the Rizla team in the UK is the most likely outcoe - he's hugely popular here and did well in his previous stint.

Agreed about Mason not deserving a top bike. Richards may have fancied a change, or he expects the Hydrex machine to be mroe competitive next year. If Honda UK and Red Bull get teams together you can imagine at least 4 or 5 Honda teams having at least 1 rider in the championship top 10 - Rizla and GSE may be the only teams to survive the onslaught.....
Old 10 Nov 2005, 14:59 (Ref:1457281)   #39
ATF
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sheffield
PSG-1 will run with some backing from Kawasaki with a view to a works-run programme in 2006. Like Alex K said, it's Kawasaki Europe or something. And also PSG will run with an all-new green livery so that's also a good indication of Kawasaki backing.

Suzuki have confirmed they will run Corser and Kagayama next year, no official mention of Hoffman though. That means the Rizla seat is still open, I reckon Shane Byrne will get it and I really hope he does!

Also in BSB, Rutter will be partnered at Stobart by Michael Laverty in a 2-bike team. No mention of Mason (or McWilliams - lol)!!
Old 10 Nov 2005, 18:21 (Ref:1457403)   #40
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Think PSG will get some assistance from Kawasaki coz Chris has tested the Japanese bikes a few times over there, maybe coz his results have been good and he praps still has links from his WSB days and before that his ultra successful BSB campaigns. Cant believe they have gone for Nieto though, he was utterly rubbish on anything last year but probly brings Spainsh cash. Any news on AMA and Kwak, are they fielding a better line up?
Good for Stobart, Laverty was hot last year and Rutter has a major point to prove, think he will fly to be honest.
Whoa, that Hoffman one was a bolt from nowhere, just presumed he was on a GP machine, he should go well actually, htough not sure where he is gonna run, maybe Suzuki Germany might be helping him out.
Think yer right about Shakey aswell, Rizla is his best bet both financially and competitvely, he can turn them around maybe.
Any news on the likes of Emmett, Scott Smart?
Old 10 Nov 2005, 19:41 (Ref:1457483)   #41
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Chunder American Kawasaki is Attack'ing AMA Superbike Champ's with old line-up of Hayden brothers. It's factory team.
Old 11 Nov 2005, 01:20 (Ref:1457781)   #42
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Australian MCNEWS Magazine
"Alex Hofmann leaves Kawasaki's MotoGP team to ride for Alstrare Corona Suzuki, making it a three rider team.
Thats where I got it from!

I assume that Mladin will be developing the new year's GSX fairly soon though?
Old 11 Nov 2005, 08:39 (Ref:1457887)   #43
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
In Sepang ;-) with Watanabe...
Old 13 Nov 2005, 18:40 (Ref:1459774)   #44
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Still no news from Yamaha about getting into AMA though, and I presume that leaves Eric Bostrom a bit loose doesnt it, has he got anything signed yet?
Also heard a little rumour about Jezza McWilliams today in that he will be racing next year but on somethig he hasnt done before which would be either I presume World Supersport or AMA. Cant believe he would go to AMA unless it was on a factory bike so not sure about that one.
Old 13 Nov 2005, 19:47 (Ref:1459820)   #45
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Oh my Lord chunder... you're out of date ;-)

Yamaha revealed their AMA plans on 31st of October.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaha US
Cypress California, October 31, 2005

Yamaha Motor Company is pleased to announce its AMA Roadracing plans for 2006 that will be centered around the introductions of both the all-new YZF-R6 and the new race-specYZF-R1 LE. Veteran rider and 2003 Supersport Champion Jamie Hacking returns to Team Blue and White competing on the potent new R6 in the AMA Supersport Class and the new R1 LE in the Superstock Class. "I'm just pumped to ride both these classes this year," said Jamie, "and with these unbelievable new bikes, I'm ready to bring home Yamaha at least one Championship."

Twenty one year-old hot shot Jason DiSalvo also returns and will compete this year on a fully prepped YZF-R6 in the Formula Extreme Class including the prestigious Daytona 200. Jason will also pilot the new R1 LE in an effort to improve his overall second place finishing position in 2005 in the AMA Superstock Class. "We've just started testing the new R6 and it's already miles ahead of last years bike," said and exuberant DiSalvo. "I'm confident and so looking forward to the season ahead."

Finally, Yamaha is pleased to welcome the charismatic Eric Bostrom, who will round out the Yamaha squad competing in both the Formula Extreme and Superstock classes. "I just saw the new bikes and they are awesome." Said Bostrom. " I feel great and Yamaha has already made me feel so much a part of their family. I just can't wait to start riding,"

Graves Motorsports will continue to maintain the Superstock effort in the coming year.

"We are extremely excited about the year ahead," said Racing Division Manager Keith McCarty, "We feel that our new team will have great dynamics and with two new bikes, tremendous potential to win multiple championships."
This all means Yamaha is not comming to AMA Superbike Champ's.

Soup Interview: Eric Bostrom

by dean adams and susan haas
Friday, November 11, 2005

About American Honda, their squad is the same as last year Jake Zemke and Miguel Duhammel, and Erion Honda squad is Aaron Gobert and Josh Hayes, don't know if Erion guys are doing USSuperbike, because team's spokesperson has been saying that they are not.
Old 14 Nov 2005, 15:29 (Ref:1460438)   #46
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good to see a green PSG bike - anything else is wrong for a Kawa.
Old 14 Nov 2005, 15:41 (Ref:1460447)   #47
pink69
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire / Nottingham
pink69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

No offence to Hoffman but I reckon Alstare could have got a better rider for their 3rd seat. I think Shakey at Rizla has been confirmed now, but him in WSB would have been good. After his Brands heroics in 2003 would have been good to see if he could have done it over a season.
Old 14 Nov 2005, 15:54 (Ref:1460459)   #48
ATF
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sheffield
Quote:
Originally Posted by pink69
No offence to Hoffman but I reckon Alstare could have got a better rider for their 3rd seat. I think Shakey at Rizla has been confirmed now, but him in WSB would have been good. After his Brands heroics in 2003 would have been good to see if he could have done it over a season.
I agree, I think Shakey should be in WSBK but you can't say the level of competition in BSB isn't strong either.

Testing is underway in Valencia right now - there are pics of James Toseland in his Ten Kate colours on crash. No word of who's running though or any times.
Old 14 Nov 2005, 18:10 (Ref:1460545)   #49
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
I actually think Shakey made the jump too soon to GP, he didnt have that much big bike experience when he made the jump from BSB to GP. And he showed himself to be a quick learner out pacing Jezza sometimes on the pig of an Aprilia. But on the KTM he struggled a hell of a lot.
I am not sure he is the best we have, I think Ellison is a top rider and deserves his spot if he can get it, but Shakey really must prove himself in something like AMA or WSB before getting back into GP.
McWill made a good point about Stoner on Sunday, he reckons Casey maybe should have had a season to dominate 250 before jumping up.
Shakey was dominant in the start of 03 but struggled to win from then on, yes his Brands win was stunning but you could say the same about Izutsu, Tamada and Ryo in Sugo as they were on their home tracks and had more perfected setups.
Rizla is good for him, bike is a handful and if he turns it round he will deserve the plaudits
Old 15 Nov 2005, 00:31 (Ref:1460920)   #50
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Its raining at Valencia atm, so no times.