Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Motorsport Art & Photography

Old 20 Jan 2006, 13:30 (Ref:1505215)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Canon 20D

I can pick one of these up new in Moscow for £930.00 complete with an 18/75mm lens.

Is it a good deal?
Old 20 Jan 2006, 13:39 (Ref:1505220)   #2
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not bad but not stunning
Old 20 Jan 2006, 13:42 (Ref:1505223)   #3
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So what's a good price and where from?
Old 20 Jan 2006, 13:49 (Ref:1505230)   #4
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think at the moment there is still an offer of £100 cash back (until Jan 31)
I bought one from my local shop for £899 but with the £100 its obvioulsy only £799.
or try somewhere like warehouseexpress online £849 I think with cash back of £100
Thats body only however
Old 20 Jan 2006, 14:09 (Ref:1505245)   #5
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
What's the cashback against. Your old camera?
Old 20 Jan 2006, 14:12 (Ref:1505248)   #6
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Try here £847 and the £100 cash back.
Or you could go to somewhere like Jessups, tell them the lowest web price and they will match it although the airfare may be a bit expensive for you.
Old 20 Jan 2006, 14:32 (Ref:1505253)   #7
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
No the cashback is just a Canon offer...you can probably bag a free memory card too
You have to send off for the cashback its not over the counter in the staore. I think the original literature suggests it only ran till Dec 31 2005 but a friend just bought one and its running till 31 Jan
Old 20 Jan 2006, 14:34 (Ref:1505256)   #8
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcemob
Try here £847 and the £100 cash back.
Or you could go to somewhere like Jessups, tell them the lowest web price and they will match it although the airfare may be a bit expensive for you.
From what my brother told me, when he used to work there, I don't think Jessops match web prices... not sure though, they may so long as it's a UK based company.
Old 20 Jan 2006, 14:39 (Ref:1505262)   #9
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
They did with my Nikon D100 about three years ago, they knocked something like £150 off the shop price although that was with a lens as well
Old 20 Jan 2006, 16:24 (Ref:1505329)   #10
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
FWIW I get my VAT back due to my o/seas residency so the cashback although good woukld be matched anyway.

However as Falc says I need to factor in a flight to the UK (say $700.00) which is off the horizon until Castle Combe

So £930.00 of my tax free sponds would appear to be a bargain.

I'll look when I'm in Dubai next week though.
Old 21 Jan 2006, 22:36 (Ref:1506319)   #11
gungadan
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottingham
gungadan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHoyer
From what my brother told me, when he used to work there, I don't think Jessops match web prices... not sure though, they may so long as it's a UK based company.
They matched UK based Web prices when I bought mine from Jessops a year ago but not those based off-shore. Don't know if anything's changed in the last year though.
Old 26 Jan 2006, 13:06 (Ref:1509401)   #12
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Jessops have officially stopped price matching, I hear.
It was mentioned on dpreview about a month back.

Cheapest place for cameras is still somewhere like Shanghai or HK.

Tim
Old 26 Jan 2006, 20:17 (Ref:1509662)   #13
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jessops are not price matching unless it is on certain (expensive) bits of hardware.

I went to buy a memory card, Jessops were 114.99, Jacobs were 89.99 and warehouse express.com were 69.99.

Jessops were unwilling to match Jacobs (just around the corner) let alone the advert in AP.

Needless to say I expect the postman to deliver the card tomorrow morning.
Old 30 Jan 2006, 06:21 (Ref:1511633)   #14
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I stopped using Jessops a long long time ago. Too expensive, and heading towards the Dixons system of employing an acne coated yoof who knows nothing, but works for peanuts.

Warehouse Express are pretty good, and there's a good shop in Luton called Photo Optics (I think) which my brother's used, the guy who runs it is ex-Jessops and will beat, no, destroy any Jessops price/deal!!!!

Though that doesn't help you over there in johnny foreigner land does it Peter!!??!!