Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 27 May 2006, 07:45 (Ref:1619984)   #1
WouterM
Racer

Netherlands
WouterM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brm P133

According to a variety of my sources only two examples of the P133 were constructed. They were the BRM version of the third party designed and built P126s. The same sources also claim that one of the two was destroyed very early in its career and written off. Last week at Monaco I shot a Robs Lamplough entered BRM, which claimed to be a P133. It looked very original and came complete with funky wings. The odd thing was they had it listed as a 1967 even though it should say 1968.

Picture:
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/gallery.php?num=2862

Once at home I started browsing the BRMs we actually feature and ran into the P133. That car I shot at the Nurburgring in 2004 and it clearly says on the side of the car 'P133-1'.

Picture:
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/pic.p...m=4&carnum=615

I found this all a bit confusing as both cars definitely are not the same, but only one should be around. My guess is that the P133 I shot at the Nurburgring was in fact a P126.

Can anyone clear this up?
Old 27 May 2006, 08:06 (Ref:1619989)   #2
David McKinney
Veteran

David McKinney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Post-period, there has been a lot of confusion surrounding the P126s and P133s - exacerbated perhaps by the fact that Robs Lamplough owned examples of both in the 1970s
Ean Pugh always claimed his car (your Nürburgring picture) was a P126 - its plate was 12601. On the other hand Rick Hall, who worked at BRM in the 1960s, swore it was a P133. Maybe Pugh has finally been persuaded to change his car's identity.
But which cars are which I am no longer certain
Old 27 May 2006, 09:38 (Ref:1620047)   #3
allenbrown
OldRacingCars.com
Veteran

allenbrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridallenbrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I may be able to help. Ean's car is 126/02, ex-Robs, and Robs has 133-01 which is wonderfully original. David Brown had 126-01 last time I checked and the other two were written off: 126/03 in US GP practice October 1968 and 133/02 at the Monaco GP May 1968.

I hesitated to give this out as I've had some unfortunate experiences in recent months (not with you Wouter). So let me emphasise that this information, like all my F1 information, is copyright Allen Brown 2006 and all right are reserved. If anyone intends to publish this somewhere else, please get my permission first.

Allen
Old 27 May 2006, 09:58 (Ref:1620060)   #4
WouterM
Racer

Netherlands
Allen, BRM P126-01 was entered by Brad Krause at Monaco. Secondly I really enjoy your site and have it listed with every 3 litre F1 car as a suggested link.
Old 27 May 2006, 10:03 (Ref:1620062)   #5
allenbrown
OldRacingCars.com
Veteran

allenbrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridallenbrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Wouter

Thanks for the update on 126-01 and for your kind words about OldRacingCars.com. I'm also very impressed by your site and the work that's gone into it.

Welcome to 10 Tenths by the way; I'm surprised we hadn't seen you here earlier.

Allen
Old 27 May 2006, 10:07 (Ref:1620064)   #6
WouterM
Racer

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenbrown
Hi Wouter

Thanks for the update on 126-01 and for your kind words about OldRacingCars.com. I'm also very impressed by your site and the work that's gone into it.

Allen
Thanks for the welcome and kind words. If you need any other info on the Formula 1 cars at Monaco, don't hesitate to ask. We have shot quite a few chassis plates!

We are going to feature the BRM P201 together with the Pilbeam MP93 on Monday as a small tribute to Mike.

Regards,
WM
Old 27 May 2006, 11:23 (Ref:1620108)   #7
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
off topic
yeah . me too . Pieter sould've sent him over a long time ago

Ciao Marco
Old 27 May 2006, 13:27 (Ref:1620200)   #8
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Right well let's formalise this shall we Allen, and put this in the chassis archive with direct links to your website:-

http://www.oldracingcars.com/type.asp?TypeID=P126

and, here:-

http://www.oldracingcars.com/type.asp?TypeID=P133
Old 28 May 2006, 10:04 (Ref:1620735)   #9
allenbrown
OldRacingCars.com
Veteran

Nah, this is just the welcome Wouter thread.

Wouter - did you see any of the Coys auction cars while you were there? There was a BT14 for sale that I'd like to see pictures of.

Allen
Old 28 May 2006, 10:10 (Ref:1620739)   #10
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I didn't even think my post had actually succeeded in going in yesterday, due to some temporary slowness in the site. However, I can split the relevant posts out from the welcoming of Wouter and leave the original thread completely intact, so l'm going to do it, because I can!

Welcome to Wouter, from 10-Tenths, too!
Old 28 May 2006, 12:33 (Ref:1620887)   #11
WouterM
Racer

Netherlands
Quote:
Nah, this is just the welcome Wouter thread.

Wouter - did you see any of the Coys auction cars while you were there? There was a BT14 for sale that I'd like to see pictures of.

Allen
We skipped the Coys auction. They have not been very nice to us in the past so we decided to stampede the paddock some more instead of visiting the auction.
Old 28 May 2006, 12:35 (Ref:1620888)   #12
WouterM
Racer

Netherlands
Thanks for the welcomes!