Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Drifting

Old 25 Oct 2008, 17:30 (Ref:2320659)   #1
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
***Spoilers*** 2008 Red Bull Air Race - Round 8, Perth [November 1-2]

I believe this is the first thread on the craziest form of motorsport known to humanity ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Pumpkin in introductory sticky
Although this is called the Drifting forum at the moment, we're interested to see if there are other areas of motorsport that we've been neglecting that people want to discuss. So if you're interested in an area that's not covered by Tenths at present, post it here! If there's enough interest we can look into where we can give you a permanent home!
I doubt if there is that much interest here, but who knows. Mods, as it doesn't involve cars you may wish to move it to Parc Ferme, but as it's within my loose definition of motorsport I stuck it here

[Next at time of posting]Sunday's racing will be livestreamed from 3:55 AM to 6:30 AM London time for the nocturnal community. Article here no idea on URL. Hmmm ... If I get up to watch this, then watch the Superleague Formula and the F1 ... Now that's what I call a bizzare sleep pattern.

However, they say it should be available for six hours afterwards. From the start or from the beginning?

Channel4 will be showing it the Saturday after the event. Of course, some of the repeats and garbage at the middle of the night on a weekday is more important - who wants Dougie Anderson anyhow. And no, you can't get rid of Nick Fellowes (what happened to Steve Parrish doing it?).

Enough inane ranting, it's Hannes Arch's to lose after that G-limit nonsense looks like it may have destroyed Paul Bonhomme's chances this year - or will it strike again?

Revised since original post

Last edited by duke_toaster; 25 Oct 2008 at 17:33. Reason: Updates!
Old 25 Oct 2008, 22:19 (Ref:2320809)   #2
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
I caught some of the championship a while back on Speed. I knew about it, thanks to the SEAT Sponsorship, never watched it before. Butt I found my self strangley addicted.

' Bloody hell, if its got an engine, you've got to watch it'
- my wife, that afternoon LOL. She's just been informed i'm off to a drift event in a few weeks
Old 28 Oct 2008, 12:16 (Ref:2322497)   #3
Captain VXR
Racer

European Union
Bath
Captain VXR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it is pretty interesting, the drifting of aerobatics?
Old 28 Oct 2008, 13:56 (Ref:2322571)   #4
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, it's in the drifting section as it's intended as a "Motorsport AOB" forum. I guess one of them would be quite a good idea ... not everything with an engine that can be raced has wheels
Old 29 Oct 2008, 11:02 (Ref:2323354)   #5
Captain VXR
Racer

European Union
Bath
Captain VXR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster
Well, it's in the drifting section as it's intended as a "Motorsport AOB" forum. I guess one of them would be quite a good idea ... not everything with an engine that can be raced has wheels
Imagine combining drifting and the Red Bull Air Race at the same time and place
Old 29 Oct 2008, 17:24 (Ref:2323657)   #6
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting that we already have a thread with 82 posts on the Red Bull Air races in parc ferme ,but we never got further than discussing how to get there.
Old 29 Oct 2008, 22:16 (Ref:2323877)   #7
silver bullet
Race Official
RallyCross Legend and Scourge of Top Gear Presenters
Veteran

United Kingdom
silver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There's just been a documentry about Nicolas Ivanov and the Red Bull Air Race on Motors TV. It was very interesting but I found myself swaying from side to side in my armchair during the in flight shots
Old 29 Oct 2008, 22:36 (Ref:2323887)   #8
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
Thank you for confirming that I'm not the only person that does that ... doesn't make me look like less of an eejit.

It would be nice if there was a dedicated "Fast Stuff with No Wheels" forum, but I guess that it would be like a ghost down.

Moderators, could Post 1 be edited to include This Link as it's where the webstream will be? It's not nice to have these things not clear :P
Old 29 Oct 2008, 23:09 (Ref:2323912)   #9
silver bullet
Race Official
RallyCross Legend and Scourge of Top Gear Presenters
Veteran

United Kingdom
silver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Thank you for confirming that I'm not the only person that does that ... doesn't make me look like less of an eejit.

Quote:
It would be nice if there was a dedicated "Fast Stuff with No Wheels" forum, but I guess that it would be like a ghost down.
Yes I think it would be a bit quiet, but feel free to keep posting those threads in here. If we get enough then it may be possible to either change the name of this section or eventually even get a section of it's own. After all there are plenty of them about, Powerboats, Jet Boats, Jet Skis, Hovercraft, Snomobiles etc etc

Quote:
Moderators, could Post 1 be edited to include This Link as it's where the webstream will be? It's not nice to have these things not clear :P
I don't think there is any need to place it into post 1. After all everybody who has already read post one would miss it anyway
But to make sure it get's noticed I'll do this

The live webcast of the final round of the Red Bull Air Race World Series can be found HERE

broadcast time

EDT New York: Nov 1, 11:55 PM - 02:30 AM
PDT San Francisco: Nov 1, 08:55 PM - 11:30 PM
CET Berlin: Nov 2, 04:55 AM - 07:30 AM
UTC London: Nov 2, 03:55 AM - 06:30 AM
China, Bejing: Nov 2, 11:55 AM - 02:30 PM
U.A.E. Dubai: Nov 2, 07:55 AM - 10:30 AM
Brazil, Rio: Nov 2, 01:55 AM - 04:30 AM

Local Time Perth: Nov 2, 00:55 PM - 03:30 PM

Apparently as the race is being shown live on TV in Australia & Russia, the live webcast will not be available in these countries.

Last edited by silver bullet; 29 Oct 2008 at 23:13.