Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

View Poll Results: Which driver is going to win the VASC Driver’s Championship In 2018?
#1 Jamie Whincup RBHRT Holden 6 14.63%
#2 Scott Pye WAU Holden 1 2.44%
#5 Mark Winterbottom Tickford Ford 0 0%
#6 Cameron Waters Tickford Ford 1 2.44%
#7 Andre Heimgartner NisMoAu Nissan 0 0%
#8 Nick Percat BJR Holden 0 0%
#9 David Reynolds Erebus Holden 1 2.44%
#12 Fabian Coulthard DJRTP Ford 1 2.44%
#14 Tim Slade BJR Holden 0 0%
#15 Rick Kelly NisMoAu Nissan 0 0%
#17 Scott McLaughlin DJRTP Ford 22 53.66%
#18 Lee Holdsworth Team18 Holden 0 0%
#19 Jack Le Brocq Tekno Holden 0 0%
#21 Tim Blanchard TBR Holden 0 0%
#23 Michael Caruso NisMoAu Nissan 0 0%
#25 James Courtney WAU Holden 1 2.44%
#33 Garth Tander GRM Holden 0 0%
#34 James Golding GRM Holden 0 0%
#35 Todd Hazelwood MSR Ford 0 0%
#55 Chaz Mostert Tickford Ford 4 9.76%
#56 Richie Stanaway Tickford Ford 1 2.44%
#78 Simona de Silvestro NisMoAu Nissan 0 0%
#97 Shane van Gisbergen RBHRT Holden 2 4.88%
#99 Anton de Pasquale Erebus Holden 1 2.44%
#230 Will Davison 23RED Ford 0 0%
#888 Craig Lowndes ALR Holden 0 0%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 5 Apr 2017, 04:46 (Ref:3723874)   #226
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
actually the story was spot on. The headline was lacking and peoples reading abilitiy might be questioned
Ahh, no the story is not spot on at all.

It states that the Mustang "will replace the iconic Falcon in next year's Supercar Championship" and goes on to quote Frosty saying that is the plan and whilst it's not there yet, that is what the team is working towards.

However the team in its statement says that it is evaluating a number of options. Point is that if Phelps had spoken to the team rather than the driver, he may have been told that Mustang is one option out of several being looked at, rather than writing an article saying that PRA "will" run Mustang from next year.

As no-one has linked the article in here so far, here it is: Mustang? Really?
Old 5 Apr 2017, 04:47 (Ref:3723875)   #227
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
It is a 2 door GT v's a 4 door Insignia and a 4 door Altima...
Agree - will make the aero interesting - they could end up with very different looking wings to each other.
Old 5 Apr 2017, 05:32 (Ref:3723877)   #228
anthony81901
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
anthony81901 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
...multiple championship-winning Ford FXG Falcon...hmm, thought PRA only one 1 championship. Ok DJR won in 2010, but that was with the FG.

Seems like a case of the driver and team needing to get their story straight. If you are going to tell porkies / be economical with the truth, always best to make sure everyone has read the script.
Old 5 Apr 2017, 05:42 (Ref:3723880)   #229
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Development Series win 2016
Old 5 Apr 2017, 05:43 (Ref:3723881)   #230
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony81901 View Post
...multiple championship-winning Ford FXG Falcon...hmm, thought PRA only one 1 championship. Ok DJR won in 2010, but that was with the FG.

Seems like a case of the driver and team needing to get their story straight. If you are going to tell porkies / be economical with the truth, always best to make sure everyone has read the script.
Won the Dunlop series last year...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 5 Apr 2017, 05:54 (Ref:3723884)   #231
anthony81901
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Quote:
Won the Dunlop series last year...
Fair play, bit like winning the reserve grade in football and adding it the premiership tally..but a win is a win.
Old 5 Apr 2017, 06:35 (Ref:3723887)   #232
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
PS2244 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Considering the Altima is being dropped from Australia markets where to now for Nissan? GTR maybe? Surely Supercars wouldn't allow the Altima next year now

Last edited by PS2244; 5 Apr 2017 at 06:47.
Old 5 Apr 2017, 07:24 (Ref:3723893)   #233
anthony81901
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
When it signed up until the end of 2018, Nissan stated it would continue with the V8 Altima. Until such time as it decides to commit beyond then, it's not going to develop a new car. Supercars don't seem to have a problem with the FG X which is a discontinued product.
Old 5 Apr 2017, 07:39 (Ref:3723895)   #234
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
After October this year, the VF will also be discontinued.

They will race what the manufacturer allows them to race.
Old 5 Apr 2017, 10:15 (Ref:3723916)   #235
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
When it signed up until the end of 2018, Nissan stated it would continue with the V8 Altima. Until such time as it decides to commit beyond then, it's not going to develop a new car. Supercars don't seem to have a problem with the FG X which is a discontinued product.
There are still FG/X Falcons in dealerships for sale...
Old 5 Apr 2017, 10:31 (Ref:3723918)   #236
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Still plenty heading into dealerships as well.
Old 5 Apr 2017, 10:55 (Ref:3723924)   #237
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2244 View Post
Considering the Altima is being dropped from Australia markets where to now for Nissan? GTR maybe? Surely Supercars wouldn't allow the Altima next year now
That's if Nissan still exist as a Supercar team

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 6 Apr 2017, 01:52 (Ref:3724034)   #238
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No sooner is Mr Yorsten signed to Speedcafe and I think to myself "here we go with endless renders for people to lose their mind over saying it is a certainty the new make/model will be in the series"... and an Alfa render pops up on Speedcafe...
Old 6 Apr 2017, 02:03 (Ref:3724035)   #239
anthony81901
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Its just clickbait.
Old 6 Apr 2017, 03:01 (Ref:3724037)   #240
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Who said Toyota couldn't run a NASCAR engine? it has EFI now...
I think the displacement off the block said.....
It might have EFI, but nothing like the setup in the Supercars....
Old 6 Apr 2017, 03:02 (Ref:3724039)   #241
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtpanorama View Post
That's if Nissan still exist as a Supercar team
Yes, that is something worth a journalist asking. Except they won't.
Old 6 Apr 2017, 03:10 (Ref:3724040)   #242
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
No sooner is Mr Yorsten signed to Speedcafe and I think to myself "here we go with endless renders for people to lose their mind over saying it is a certainty the new make/model will be in the series"... and an Alfa render pops up on Speedcafe...
Since news isn't very forthcoming, looks like they're making $hit up amongst them. You have the serial offender over at News Ltd and then these guys with renderings....

Or is this some sort of plot to engage the various companies into actually having a crack?? They expecting enough public reaction to force the hand of the manufacturers?? I get that all the manufacturers are on borrowed time with there support, but why not support that, then make rubbish up??
Old 6 Apr 2017, 03:17 (Ref:3724045)   #243
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denosaur View Post
Since news isn't very forthcoming, looks like they're making $hit up amongst them. You have the serial offender over at News Ltd and then these guys with renderings....

Or is this some sort of plot to engage the various companies into actually having a crack?? They expecting enough public reaction to force the hand of the manufacturers?? I get that all the manufacturers are on borrowed time with there support, but why not support that, then make rubbish up??
The News Ltd one makes sense from a content perspective, rustle up a news story that has oodles of controversy, then talk about it with the serious people on Inside Supercars as a 'wouldn't it be good if' kinda deal.

Interesting to see Mr Skaife work thru the logic of why Mustang makes sense for the sport, for the team, maybe even for Ford, then Mr Crompton pretty much says 'Not gunna happen bro'

Makes for some content, generates some discussion, and that's about it.
Old 6 Apr 2017, 03:18 (Ref:3724046)   #244
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And people have the hide to relabel a magazine as Auto Fiction...
Old 6 Apr 2017, 03:19 (Ref:3724047)   #245
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
And people have the hide to relabel a magazine as Auto Fiction...
It is a lot better re: fiction with the new management... just not always awash with content..
Old 6 Apr 2017, 04:56 (Ref:3724064)   #246
Umai Naa
Veteran

Quote:
Its just clickbait.
Yep.

Nothing more, nothing less.
Old 6 Apr 2017, 10:11 (Ref:3724132)   #247
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Yes, that is something worth a journalist asking. Except they won't.
Altima Axing Not Impacting Supercar Program

Somebody asked
Old 6 Apr 2017, 13:06 (Ref:3724153)   #248
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The News Ltd one makes sense from a content perspective, rustle up a news story that has oodles of controversy, then talk about it with the serious people on Inside Supercars as a 'wouldn't it be good if' kinda deal.
News Ltd has pushed Ford staying involved angle going right back to the 2014/15 period, when there were all those "Ford Dealer Team" articles and so on...
Old 9 Apr 2017, 00:31 (Ref:3724851)   #249
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Ford 'Upset' At Speculation Over Mustang Supercar

Just make it a Mondeo & shut up...
Old 9 Apr 2017, 01:00 (Ref:3724861)   #250
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
PS2244 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Ford 'Upset' At Speculation Over Mustang Supercar

Just make it a Mondeo & shut up...
Good one phelps if this is true your a complete mongloid. but why would they delay the call becuase a bit of gossip started that seems bullish to me???? But I don't believe what Fogarty is saying either he's right some equally vomit inducing drivel in his time as well this doesn't make sense at all

Last edited by PS2244; 9 Apr 2017 at 01:08.