Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Old 28 Nov 2012, 02:57 (Ref:3172418)   #1
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hello! New member

Hi all, new member here. My name is Jon.
I've been looking for a place to talk about motorsport with other people and came across this forum.
Reading through some threads it seems members know what they are talking about, and respect others opinions (something hard to find on the internet in these days if you ask me lol), so I decided to register.

I'm no expert on the matter, far from that, so I hope to learn more about my hobby while enjoying it here. I like F1 and sportcars the most, but also watched some nascar and V8 supercars and find them quite an interesting form of racing so maybe I'll get more into it.

That's enough for an introduction I think, don't want to bore you so soon

Old 28 Nov 2012, 03:18 (Ref:3172420)   #2
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsTrecu View Post
Hi all, new member here. My name is Jon.
I've been looking for a place to talk about motorsport with other people and came across this forum.
Reading through some threads it seems members know what they are talking about, and respect others opinions (something hard to find on the internet in these days if you ask me lol), so I decided to register.

I'm no expert on the matter, far from that, so I hope to learn more about my hobby while enjoying it here. I like F1 and sportcars the most, but also watched some nascar and V8 supercars and find them quite an interesting form of racing so maybe I'll get more into it.

That's enough for an introduction I think, don't want to bore you so soon

Hi, Jon!

Welcome to the forum! I'm Beetle and I only just joined this summer, but I've enjoyed it immensely and am continuing to learn more and more about racing. 10 Tenths really lead me into some diverse material such as Super GT, V8 Supercars, DTM, and ADAC GT Masters.

I understand your concerns and disappointment at how people treat others on the internet these days. Sometimes, I just feel like asking the person behind the screen, "would you really say that to someone's face?"

Everyone is friendly here. We have a really good troll-catching system also! People may sound a little negative sometimes, but that is to be expected out of a hardcore race fan. Sometimes they are trying to give you some constructive criticism, as I've found with my race track designs. I assume you're not from the states, because NASCAR is usually the thing people begin with here in America.

Some advice on what to do in the beginning: check out the predictions competitions if any are still running. The Formula 1 predictions competitions are still finished but extremely fun and incredibly self-explanatory. IndyCar predictions are pretty cool, too, but I've never done them. Also, don't forget to check out the chat room for live racing chatter and updates with people watching live from the race. Conversation inevitably skews towards beer and ladies... it's just the name of the game for that crowd.

Add some comments about what you think in the Formula 1 section. After the season got out, people have been going nuts over in that parallel universe (I'm more of a Le Mans and GT racing guy) speculating about the entries for next year and just enjoying the regular silly season festivities. Come to Le Mans next year and join the 10 Tenths party... I've heard it's great and I'm going if my family can pool the money and the time!

You'll definitely learn lots from this forum. I hope you enjoy your time here. I know I do!

Cheers!
Old 28 Nov 2012, 15:55 (Ref:3172618)   #3
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks for the advices Beetle, I've seen there is a lot of info in the sportscar branch, with the F1 season over I think I'll start reading there