Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 30 Jan 2017, 21:15 (Ref:3707901)   #376
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
When we were too young to drink in the pub one of the girls we knew at the time was "well endowed" for her age so she would go to the bar to get us the drinks
Was that memory prompted by the thought of DD or a party for 7?
Old 30 Jan 2017, 21:25 (Ref:3707905)   #377
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
Wasn't a Party 7 Watney's Red Barrel?
It was certainly Watneys.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-drinkers.html

Others adopted the size too.

And Party 4s apparently.
Old 31 Jan 2017, 08:18 (Ref:3708024)   #378
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Crikey, that goes back some way.

Suddenly had a mental image of a Party 7, though as I recall DD was not something that came in that size - or at least not in my necking of the woods.
I too thought of the Party 7 when Double Diamond came to mind. As you say, I don't think that beer was available on those containers (although Worthington E was), but I think it was of the same era.
(Sadly the number of people are declining who understand my fitness based comment: "No, I've not got a six pack, it's more like a Party Seven".)
Old 31 Jan 2017, 08:23 (Ref:3708025)   #379
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The problem with a one track mind is ....

Picture Information
Free P&P

Have one to sell? Sell it yourself
Details about *

6-Pack Joe Boxer Girls Underwear Panties Assorted Underpants, Boy Short
Old 31 Jan 2017, 08:57 (Ref:3708029)   #380
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nurse! The screens!

What on earth is he talking about?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Old 31 Jan 2017, 10:06 (Ref:3708044)   #381
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Nurse! The screens!

What on earth is he talking about?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Underwear-...+shorts+6+pack

Things did not go as anticipated ......
Old 31 Jan 2017, 10:16 (Ref:3708047)   #382
bauble
Veteran

England
Max, me being totally TT did not understand the 'six pack' allusions, and I am still working on the Party 7 conundrum.

Sorry if I have wandered off topic, most unlike me.

An aged Tenther named Bob,
Broke down with a heartfelt sob.
"I did not think.
They were referring to drink",
But things to cover your nether regions.

Sorry it does not scan too well.
Old 31 Jan 2017, 13:30 (Ref:3708090)   #383
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post

Sorry it does not scan too well.
Nor indeed rhyme!!!!!!!
Old 31 Jan 2017, 15:28 (Ref:3708111)   #384
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Think he peaked too early, quality has dropped off since last week.......
Old 31 Jan 2017, 15:57 (Ref:3708114)   #385
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Think he peaked too early, quality has dropped off since last week.......
Rerading what Baub's been posting lately, I'm beginning to think he peeked too often and this has probably affected his eyesight & hearing...
Old 31 Jan 2017, 16:14 (Ref:3708117)   #386
bauble
Veteran

England
Many a time I suppose, I come up short - like Delta's hose.
And when I do some silly bod, points it out like - Mike the Mod!
Still things could be much worse, he might even attempt a verse.
What word rhymes with rural Norfolk, I can only think of schmuck.
So come on Mike give it a shot, of Attleborough tell us a lot.

Subjects here are often depressing, need a bit of window dressing,
To raise the spirits, bring some cheer, give a smile, calm the fear.
Gloom and worry, some here sow it, the end of racing as we know it!
Robots, chips, and super computers, turn us in to mere commuters.
Taken everywhere so much faster. But I'll stick to my old Vauxhall Astra.
Old 31 Jan 2017, 16:17 (Ref:3708119)   #387
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Rerading what Baub's been posting lately, I'm beginning to think he peeked too often and this has probably affected his eyesight & hearing...
I heard that. Pardon?*

*Ten extra points for identifying the quote.

PS; What is rerading?
Old 31 Jan 2017, 17:09 (Ref:3708140)   #388
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
When we were too young to drink in the pub one of the girls we knew at the time was "well endowed" for her age so she would go to the bar to get us the drinks
Hand held had a different meaning then Gordon.
Old 31 Jan 2017, 23:18 (Ref:3708231)   #389
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Brian A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I heard that. Pardon?*

PS; What is rerading?

I didn't know you cared.......Uncle Staveley.

I remember it well - does that age me?
Old 1 Feb 2017, 01:18 (Ref:3708251)   #390
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian A View Post
I didn't know you cared.......Uncle Staveley.

I remember it well - does that age me?
Probably, but you can still enjoy a meal of boiled ham and Unsworth's pork pies.

However, should you enjoy this don't take out litigation,

Yours Uncle Mort.
Old 1 Feb 2017, 08:12 (Ref:3708305)   #391
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
Quote:
I heard that. Pardon?*

PS; What is rerading?
Answers:
1. Uncle Mort - can't remember the name of the programme.
2. Rerading is when you upgrade your Central heating system.
Old 1 Feb 2017, 09:27 (Ref:3708321)   #392
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Answers:
1. Uncle Mort - can't remember the name of the programme.
2. Rerading is when you upgrade your Central heating system.
Sorry Viva, Brian gets the ten points for his correct answer. You on the other hand lose 5 points for getting it wrong.

A very funny programme with a take on living 'Oop Norf'.
Old 1 Feb 2017, 09:49 (Ref:3708331)   #393
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
Quote:
Sorry Viva, Brian gets the ten points for his correct answer. You on the other hand lose 5 points for getting it wrong.

A very funny programme with a take on living 'Oop Norf'.
Thank you Bamber-Bauble, I feel suitably chastised.
As for your 'Oop Norf' comments, presumably as a Southerner (from Bedfordshire), presumably you class Leicestershire in that category?
Old 1 Feb 2017, 10:06 (Ref:3708334)   #394
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As for your 'Oop Norf' comments, presumably as a Southerner (from Bedfordshire), presumably you class Leicestershire in that category?[/QUOTE]

I certainly do

Born and bred in Bognor, now living @ Mallory and working in Leicester.

I feel I'm doing 'missionary work' or is that missionary position?

As I've said before, when I was a kid we thought Chichester was 'up north' and as for London.......................
Old 1 Feb 2017, 11:06 (Ref:3708345)   #395
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk View Post
As for your 'Oop Norf' comments, presumably as a Southerner (from Bedfordshire), presumably you class Leicestershire in that category?
I certainly do

Born and bred in Bognor, now living @ Mallory and working in Leicester.

I feel I'm doing 'missionary work' or is that missionary position?

As I've said before, when I was a kid we thought Chichester was 'up north' and as for London.......................[/QUOTE]

Being born in Battersea, and bred in London, North and South, I consider myself as coming from the centre of the universe. Residing in Bedfordshire is somewhat like living in exile. I once holidayed in Bognor when very young, and have been to Leicestershire on occasion, although could never see any reason to stay longer than necessary.
No doubt it essential to the National economy that people have to inhabit these places, as they must in Attleborough, Reading, and similar outposts of humanity, however, I would not consider it something to boast about.

Historical Note; King John, he of the Magna Charter fame, was not very well endowed height wise, and was nicknamed Curt Hose or as we would say today, Short Socks.

Hmm. Short hose eh? Now what does that remind me of?

(It is probably obvious that this post is designed to upset the maximum number of Tenthers in the fewest word.)

Bauble.
Old 2 Feb 2017, 06:36 (Ref:3708590)   #396
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Not that I'm in the market to buy one, interesting that the current model Mustang only managed 2 stars in the EURO NCAP safety tests! In US equivalent tests it scored 5.....

Turns out that the export models were fitted with less safety kit and downgraded airbags, but all of a sudden the cars are now being exported with uprated kit. How re-assuring that the manufacturer thought drivers in other countries didn't need the same level as protection as domestic owners.....
Old 2 Feb 2017, 10:31 (Ref:3708646)   #397
lotustwincam
Rookie

United Kingdom
lotustwincam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
America first, America first, America first.
Old 2 Feb 2017, 10:41 (Ref:3708647)   #398
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Not that I'm in the market to buy one, interesting that the current model Mustang only managed 2 stars in the EURO NCAP safety tests! In US equivalent tests it scored 5.....

Turns out that the export models were fitted with less safety kit and downgraded airbags, but all of a sudden the cars are now being exported with uprated kit. How re-assuring that the manufacturer thought drivers in other countries didn't need the same level as protection as domestic owners.....
Maybe cost cutting to get within a specific car tax bracket or something like that?

And of course there is the question about whether or not the standards set and measured are really meaningful.

The stories about gaining an extra NCAP star for having a particular sticker in a specified place sort of lead one to wonder ...
Old 2 Feb 2017, 11:44 (Ref:3708654)   #399
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
http://mashable.com/2017/01/24/nethe.../#NJojMnbTcmq0.
Tea break watch.
Old 2 Feb 2017, 11:56 (Ref:3708656)   #400
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Utterly and completely brilliant......