Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 6 Apr 2008, 21:20 (Ref:2171693)   #1
tristancliffe
Veteran

United Kingdom
Norwich, UK
tristancliffe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridtristancliffe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
CSCC Snetterton 5th/6th April 08

I would like to say a big BIG thank you to all the marshalls who gave up their time, and a lot of their body heat, attending the meeting this weekend.

Saturday was cold, windy, miserable, and had sleet, rain and hail most of the day. Whilst I think most drivers behaved admirably, there were quite a few spinners, and the diligence of the marshalls kept the meeting vaguely on time, with decent flag warnings etc.

Sunday was dry (mostly), but still windy and very cold. I needed a couple of push starts (damn battery playing up), and with the numerous accidents in the Mono2000 race they made sure that the yellows were clear (although for some reason blue flags weren't very apparent).

When a meeting is dry and uneventful you guys are still critical to the success of a meeting (just as much as the drivers are, if not more so, because we haven't generally got a clue where to go at any given time). But in weather like this you really keep everything up and running. I can't thank you all, not just those at this particular meeting, for giving up your time to watch a bunch of whimsical, petty, egotistical wannabe racing drivers making a fool of themselves for their own 'fun', and keep them all in check.

If club motorsport is the REAL motorsport scene, then the marshalls are certainly the pillars that keep it working (or some such cliche).

Thanks!
Old 7 Apr 2008, 07:34 (Ref:2171948)   #2
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Terry Scannell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All of us who had to suffer the warm and dry conditions in Race Control or sitting in a safety car for various periods of time (that is until the rain/snow stopped and it was safe to get out in the sunny bits!!) would sincerely wish to echo those comments.

The marshalling over the weekend especially in those conditions was absolutely superb with some excellent responses to incidents which assisted in some very quick turnarounds on both days which helped in overcoming time lost due to the various stoppages.

We are certainly very fortunate at Snetterton to have a brilliant team on the banks, in the paddock and the pits who are there week in, week out, in all weathers and who can always be relied upon to go just that extra mile to enable events to happen - sometimes against all the odds, without complaint because they are true motorsport enthusiasts too and just want to see some good competitive racing.

Thanks to everyone involved over the weekend who enabled us to get the timetable completed on both days, and also to all the circuit staff and especially all the competitors for ensuring cars were all in the collecting areas on time to assist with the prompt turnarounds.

Terry
Old 7 Apr 2008, 12:20 (Ref:2172218)   #3
Andrew Harrison
Rookie

Andrew Harrison should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can I echo the thanks to the brave boys and girls in orange?

I was the blue Jag that stuffed it in the tyres at turn 1 in quali on Saturday, and was overjoyed to note that when your head's ringing from your first ever big off you don't get pointed and laughed at, but instead looked after by a team of people who have you swept up and sorted in moments.

And don't take it personally that I didn't come to see you in the race and mess up your tyres again, but I'd had enough damage for the day! My brother came to say hi though, he was the red Jag that parked in the field next to you.

How you stay warm out there in such conditions is beyond me, I hope we put on enough of a show to make it worthwhile.

Thank you all.
Old 7 Apr 2008, 12:28 (Ref:2172230)   #4
TorqueWench
Racer

United Kingdom
Sunny Berkshire
TorqueWench should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks from the CSCC as well!

I would also like to thank all those out in the cold - on the banks, in the trucks, medics, pitlane, in the nice warm race control office! - all of you who helped keep such a busy meeting running as smoothly as the drivers allowed!

With over 400 cars it was always going to be busy, but I know that all us drivers VERY much appreciated the nice big turnout of orange jackets all around the track.

JP - you've got some great people at Snetterton!

I would also like to thank the CSCC staff - Richard, Ros, Hugo, Robert and Richard W

Thanks to one and all - I for one really enjoyed my run in the Junior

Old 7 Apr 2008, 13:15 (Ref:2172302)   #5
M Greenslade
Veteran

England
Chipping Norton, Oxon
M Greenslade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Terry Scannell - have sent you a PM - Bladderssss ...........
Old 7 Apr 2008, 19:48 (Ref:2172592)   #6
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Terry Scannell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Martin,

Great to hear from you - reply sent.

Terry
Old 8 Apr 2008, 07:16 (Ref:2172895)   #7
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ditto thanks to all the marshals and the organising team / officials. Great days racing. SS car 28
Old 8 Apr 2008, 21:06 (Ref:2173457)   #8
sideways steve
Rookie

sideways steve should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thank you aswell, a great job done in mad weather conditions, you got everything thrown at you, even Jags.
I salute you, one and all

Tags
classic sports car club, cscc