Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 3 Oct 2017, 23:26 (Ref:3771631)   #201
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
I'll let Lumbergh take it from here

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
It'll be fine.

Saw the moon this evening and looked at the calendar. Will be camping under the Harvest Moon Thursday night.
Old 3 Oct 2017, 23:36 (Ref:3771632)   #202
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Did you mean this moon?

Old 3 Oct 2017, 23:57 (Ref:3771635)   #203
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Did you mean this moon?

Yup. Have fun on the cot.
Old 4 Oct 2017, 13:09 (Ref:3771768)   #204
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Good morning, race fan BR. Hope you slept well last night and enjoy today. I look forward to NO updates from the trackside.

Got a report to complete and some billings to do then I'm outta here!

Old 4 Oct 2017, 14:02 (Ref:3771774)   #205
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
No updates, don't worry the weather is terrible and there's funny sounding Beetles on track.

And turn 3 will be a hot spot all weekend, the new pavement is SLICK

Old 4 Oct 2017, 14:44 (Ref:3771781)   #206
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
No updates, don't worry the weather is terrible and there's funny sounding Beetles on track.

And turn 3 will be a hot spot all weekend, the new pavement is SLICK

It looks awful from my window....

So I finished what I needed to do today and asked the boss to review before sending. Then he leaves without reviewing saying he'll be back in an hour. I know his "hour".
Old 4 Oct 2017, 15:54 (Ref:3771794)   #207
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
And it's going to be a PACKED weekend, space is already almost full over here and getting *****ed at every 30 min or so. So far just beetles and PC cars until after lunch

Old 4 Oct 2017, 16:52 (Ref:3771813)   #208
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
And it's going to be a PACKED weekend, space is already almost full over here and getting *****ed at every 30 min or so. So far just beetles and PC cars until after lunch

Just stopped for lunch and gas 4 hours down. Thanks for saving our spot!
Old 4 Oct 2017, 17:02 (Ref:3771819)   #209
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
I'm trying, it's getting tight

Old 4 Oct 2017, 17:35 (Ref:3771832)   #210
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Walked a fair chunk of the track this AM, now just cooling off in the car as Conti head out for 2 hours of practice. Wonderful place, love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 4 Oct 2017, 18:16 (Ref:3771842)   #211
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by fergus_r View Post
Walked a fair chunk of the track this AM, now just cooling off in the car as Conti head out for 2 hours of practice. Wonderful place, love it.

It's the best! Glad you got to get around before it got too crowded!

It is a little warm for this time of year and the forecast going 20/80 chance Sat/Sun now
Old 4 Oct 2017, 19:53 (Ref:3771855)   #212
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Mealy to the airport and then it's on to the traffic and track
Old 4 Oct 2017, 20:35 (Ref:3771867)   #213
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
So we should expect you around midnight coming through Atlanta

Old 4 Oct 2017, 22:31 (Ref:3771881)   #214
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Mealy to the airport and then it's on to the traffic and track
This looks like my posts and texts from the car, too.

Considering just coming up tonight. I've almost got my sHtuff together.....eating now and to the grocery / package sto should do it!
Old 4 Oct 2017, 23:11 (Ref:3771884)   #215
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post

Considering just coming up tonight. I've almost got my sHtuff together.....eating now and to the grocery / package sto should do it!
Inquiring minds want to know if you've got a grill.
Old 4 Oct 2017, 23:12 (Ref:3771885)   #216
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:

Hay bales?
Old 4 Oct 2017, 23:45 (Ref:3771891)   #217
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Hay bales?
No
Quote:
Inquiring minds want to know if you've got a grill.
Yes
Old 5 Oct 2017, 00:02 (Ref:3771895)   #218
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Hay bales?
Asked Thomas. If I come tonight, I can't bring. If I come in the morning, I can squeeze 1, maybe 2.

Any room at the Inn?
Old 5 Oct 2017, 00:53 (Ref:3771906)   #219
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Was talking with the Mrs. just now and she's asking which days I will be gone. I tell her Friday and Saturday and that I'm planning to just drive back and forth on Friday evening and Saturday morning (90 minutes each way). She says, "Why don't you just stay down there?".

So... just curious if you guys would have room for another tent at your site? I'm planning to get there around noon on Friday and then stay until Saturday night or Sunday morning. You can feel free to tell me to pound sand, but if there is room I'd be happy to chip in with some food and beverages, just let me know what you suggest I bring.

So can I be part of the cool kids club?
Old 5 Oct 2017, 01:12 (Ref:3771910)   #220
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
Was talking with the Mrs. just now and she's asking which days I will be gone. I tell her Friday and Saturday and that I'm planning to just drive back and forth on Friday evening and Saturday morning (90 minutes each way). She says, "Why don't you just stay down there?".

So... just curious if you guys would have room for another tent at your site? I'm planning to get there around noon on Friday and then stay until Saturday night or Sunday morning. You can feel free to tell me to pound sand, but if there is room I'd be happy to chip in with some food and beverages, just let me know what you suggest I bring.

So can I be part of the cool kids club?
If you can find room for a tent you are more than welcome! It is moderately full now, but I expect more peeps to fill in the gaps. Stop by when you get here Friday and see what we can find. We are at turn 4.
Old 5 Oct 2017, 01:17 (Ref:3771912)   #221
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
It's the best! Glad you got to get around before it got too crowded!

It is a little warm for this time of year and the forecast going 20/80 chance Sat/Sun now

Yeah, today was relatively relaxed and easy to get around. I'm sure it'll be a different story from tomorrow onwards. I'm going to park up in the non-camping ground tomorrow, nearly got blocked in by a load of RVs and campers this afternoon. leaving car anywhere in the infield is too risky.

Old 5 Oct 2017, 01:18 (Ref:3771913)   #222
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
If you can find room for a tent you are more than welcome! It is moderately full now, but I expect more peeps to fill in the gaps. Stop by when you get here Friday and see what we can find. We are at turn 4.
Cool. I am familiar with your location as I have stopped by there in previous years. If you can save a spot for a medium sized tent that is all I would need. I can park my car over in the parking lot by the bathrooms. Just figure it would be more fun to camp with people I sorta know rather than just by myself.
Old 5 Oct 2017, 01:28 (Ref:3771914)   #223
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Sounds good!
Old 5 Oct 2017, 13:16 (Ref:3772072)   #224
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by fergus_r View Post
Yeah, today was relatively relaxed and easy to get around. I'm sure it'll be a different story from tomorrow onwards. I'm going to park up in the non-camping ground tomorrow, nearly got blocked in by a load of RVs and campers this afternoon. leaving car anywhere in the infield is too risky.

The gravel lot by the comfort station in T4 should be safe.
Old 5 Oct 2017, 13:31 (Ref:3772081)   #225
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
This is a rowdy crowd this morning at turn 4