Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 8 Jan 2016, 20:27 (Ref:3603181)   #1
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
2016 F1 Car Launches

There has been little mention about when we will see the 2016 F1 cars but there was one snippit today in that the first 2016 car to pass all its crash tests is the new Haas F1 car.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ha...h-test-666669/

I suspect the others are leaving everything to the last minute to allow for more development time (or getting the cash together to build the car).
Old 9 Jan 2016, 15:17 (Ref:3603308)   #2
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I would think that most of the new car launches will be online affairs or at testing ..
I am hoping that the Haas car livery will be yellow ...
Old 9 Jan 2016, 16:43 (Ref:3603326)   #3
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
I think Haas themselves have confirmed it will be yellow-based. At least it will make it distinctive.
Old 9 Jan 2016, 19:01 (Ref:3603351)   #4
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
I think Haas themselves have confirmed it will be yellow-based. At least it will make it distinctive.
Renault might have something to say about that..

Selby
Old 9 Jan 2016, 21:17 (Ref:3603378)   #5
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Ah, that's true. If they run with the old yellow-and-white, it could be similar.
Old 16 Jan 2016, 09:52 (Ref:3605299)   #6
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Manor have passed their FIA crash tests. I suspect they should be able to make it to the first tests at that rate assuming all the other bits will be ready in time.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/122502
Old 18 Jan 2016, 16:20 (Ref:3605959)   #7
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Feb 21 for the Mclaren MP4-31

https://twitter.com/McLarenF1/status/689047420957765632
Old 20 Jan 2016, 20:31 (Ref:3606687)   #8
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
The new Renault has passed its FIA crash test. No great surprise that it passed as rumour has it that it will be based on the Enstone 2015 car.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/re...-tests-668994/
Old 20 Jan 2016, 20:38 (Ref:3606691)   #9
alan1302
Racer

England
Doncaster, UK
alan1302 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
The new Renault has passed its FIA crash test. No great surprise that it passed as rumour has it that it will be based on the Enstone 2015 car.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/re...-tests-668994/
Most cars will be based on last years
Old 20 Jan 2016, 20:42 (Ref:3606693)   #10
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
In Renaults case it is rumored to be basically a 2015 car with a few tweeks where as most of the others will not use 2015 chassis.
Old 22 Jan 2016, 04:48 (Ref:3607032)   #11
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It seems all teams will show their cars all on February. A bit late, considering were used to see in previous years.
Old 22 Jan 2016, 11:13 (Ref:3607078)   #12
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekola View Post
It seems all teams will show their cars all on February. A bit late, considering were used to see in previous years.
A lot of the blame for the later launches in F1 lies at the door of Mr Ecclestone who keeps pushing up the number of races. The seasons are starting earlier and are certainly finishing later, and it doesn't help much when they change the calander of events at a very late stage towards the start of the new season. As happened in 2015 for 2016.

However, it amuses me somewhat that the teams have nearly all dropped the live launches in front of an invited audience of "celebs" and journos because of the "cost" savings. When you consider that the budget required for a glitzy launch probably wouldn't even cover the cost of running for one day of one of the gin palaces (called "hospitality" units) that the teams take to the European races!
Old 25 Jan 2016, 13:30 (Ref:3607841)   #13
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Autosport is reporting that the Ferrari has passed its crash test.
Old 25 Jan 2016, 20:03 (Ref:3607931)   #14
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
so using their 2015 cars with no 2016 parts allowed for the wet weather tire test, RB, Mclaren, and Ferrari were back on track.

it was a blind test with apparently no break for lunch.

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2016/0...t-paul-ricard/

obviously nothing to really note but i thought it was interesting that Kimi was there for today. perhaps its just a perception issue but i would have thought such tests were something the younger Kimi would never have bothered with. a new level of commitment from the Finn for 2016???

did see this on reddit though:

https://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/co...he_mclaren_at/

might be the 2015 cars but a new piece of livery from Mclaren. apparently this is an expanded version of the Chandon logo.
Old 25 Jan 2016, 20:10 (Ref:3607936)   #15
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Honda also attempting to quiet down speculation from a Spanish (naturally) publication claiming that Honda have found an extra 223 horses during the off season.

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/124...st-for-mclaren
Old 25 Jan 2016, 20:54 (Ref:3607947)   #16
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
Honda also attempting to quiet down speculation from a Spanish (naturally) publication claiming that Honda have found an extra 223 horses during the off season.

Mind you their 2015 motors were behaving as normal at the test......... it broke.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/122592

Also Kimi was not impressed by the tyres.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/122594
Old 25 Jan 2016, 21:05 (Ref:3607950)   #17
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Wouldn't it be exciting if they unveiled something sensational like a six wheeler or a fan car or a turbine powered car like they did in my younger days....
These days the cars all look the same and all look like last years cars.
Old 25 Jan 2016, 21:13 (Ref:3607954)   #18
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
Mind you their 2015 motors were behaving as normal at the test......... it broke.
Old 25 Jan 2016, 22:13 (Ref:3607975)   #19
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post

Someone somewhere has misplaced a decimal point in that number!

Richard
Old 26 Jan 2016, 18:31 (Ref:3608217)   #20
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
Someone somewhere has misplaced a decimal point in that number!

Richard
and possibly a - sign too
Old 27 Jan 2016, 17:17 (Ref:3608507)   #21
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Haas are forgoing a formal launch and will just wheel the car out at the beginning of the first test.
Old 27 Jan 2016, 19:28 (Ref:3608530)   #22
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
Haas are forgoing a formal launch and will just wheel the car out at the beginning of the first test.
Less chance for B..s then should be a good sign.
Old 3 Feb 2016, 17:04 (Ref:3611295)   #23
Neppatsrev Xam
Racer

Netherlands
Neppatsrev Xam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the STR11 also passed the crashtest today
Old 4 Feb 2016, 09:30 (Ref:3611487)   #24
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neppatsrev Xam View Post
the STR11 also passed the crashtest today
This is the one I am in most anticipation of for this year!!
Old 4 Feb 2016, 11:02 (Ref:3611508)   #25
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
mte, chunty, mte. though aren't they running with last year's engines?

considering sacrificing a goat to the gods of reliability on behalf of sainz this season.