Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 25 Apr 2016, 19:40 (Ref:3636330)   #1
Barrie
Veteran

England
Colchester Essex
Barrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rallycross. Biggest talent lost

Eddi got me thinking today after reading a comment he made, biggest talent lost. Who do we think ? Few obvious ones. Jonny Milner, Andrew Jordan, Mats Lysen, Mark Rennison. For me Dan Anderson, Jahmo Lahteenmaki, Greg Rose to name a few.
Old 25 Apr 2016, 20:03 (Ref:3636333)   #2
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have not been around that long but Mats Lysen is definitely one. Lars Øivind Enerberg is one too IMO.
Old 25 Apr 2016, 20:04 (Ref:3636334)   #3
silver bullet
Race Official
RallyCross Legend and Scourge of Top Gear Presenters
Veteran

United Kingdom
silver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ash Simpson
Old 25 Apr 2016, 20:44 (Ref:3636344)   #4
Barrie
Veteran

England
Colchester Essex
Barrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossfades View Post
I have not been around that long but Mats Lysen is definitely one. Lars Øivind Enerberg is one too IMO.
According to his fb page Enerberg will be back this year
Old 25 Apr 2016, 20:52 (Ref:3636346)   #5
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver bullet View Post
Ash Simpson
Spot on. No one has deserved supercar drive more than Ash Simpson. Best driver I have seen in all the years I've watched the sport. Russ wasn't bad either!
Old 25 Apr 2016, 21:13 (Ref:3636351)   #6
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie View Post
According to his fb page Enerberg will be back this year
Any more details?
Old 25 Apr 2016, 21:43 (Ref:3636360)   #7
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Enerberg is a great shout, I thought he was superb in rwd. Lysen was good but always seemed short of money.

Over the years, Renny was one who was a real loss as too was Michael Shield when he went. Russ Spink followed Renny into circuit racing when he should have perhaps stayed.

Nick Jones could have done a good job, with Richard Hutton in Supercars given the chance.

In recent years, I can't think of too many sadly certainly not from the UK. I thought Greg Rose could have been awesome in the right teams and cars. Pinomaki never seemed to hang around in Supercar for long enough either.

But the one who should have won God knows how many ERC titles is Tommy Rustad!! He was a match for Schanche in his prime! And went circuit racing!!
Old 25 Apr 2016, 22:15 (Ref:3636367)   #8
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chris Evans, Michael Shields, Roger Newbould and for sheer perseverance along with talent Terry Briggs.
Old 26 Apr 2016, 09:04 (Ref:3636422)   #9
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Western Lower Rhine area of Germany
rx-guru should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie View Post
Eddi got me thinking today after reading a comment he made, biggest talent lost. Who do we think ? Few obvious ones. Jonny Milner, Andrew Jordan, Mats Lysen, Mark Rennison. For me Dan Anderson, Jahmo Lahteenmaki, Greg Rose to name a few.
Don't remember where I made the comment, but guess I made it concentrating on British drivers. Otherwise Renny had to share with Tommy Rustad, Petter Solberg and some others. Frenchman Christophe Vaison was a very good youngster, as was Piet Kruythof from Holland.
Old 27 Apr 2016, 00:09 (Ref:3636567)   #10
USRallycross
Racer

United States
Minnesota (the True North)
USRallycross should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Biased being an Essex boy but Richard Hutton for me.

To make it global another great talent is Dillon Van Way who did the GRC in a 2WD Focus. Great talent in rallycross and rally that Ford US should have committed to. He is running in WRC Portugal in the DMack Cup. Has a GRC Fiesta shell half finished in the shop we share next to my Impreza.

And also Tanner Foust is someone who should have committed to Europe a few years ago. He could have/should have been an ERC Champion. Guess the lure of Hollywood and all those movies was too much (and paid the bills!)

Mark
Old 6 May 2016, 12:53 (Ref:3639156)   #11
winnie
Racer

winnie has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Clive Richardson or Dave Metcalfe by a mile.
Old 6 May 2016, 20:32 (Ref:3639285)   #12
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
DAve Metcalfe was a far bigger talent lost to rallying.

Richardson went onto race for years in Hot Rods, where he came from orginally to be fair.
Old 17 May 2016, 21:08 (Ref:3642492)   #13
1975DCS
Veteran

Netherlands
1975DCS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For me I would say: Andrew Jordan, Mats Lysen, Tommy Rustad, Dayrut and Smerud could have been good performers.
Old 25 Jul 2016, 06:12 (Ref:3661010)   #14
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
More positively , young Daniel Rooke is one of the best talents I have seen in years , and not just in rallycross. Utterly sublime car control and so smooth. . Sorry rallycross, but with that degree of car control I would love to see him in a single seater .