Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 2 Dec 2016, 18:18 (Ref:3693131)   #51
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
After having competed against each other over an 18 year period, and Rosberg just announcing his immediate retirement after attaining the one thing that he has coveted since childhood, Hamilton can't just wish him luck and say just nice things.

No, as usual he has to be graceless and say that it is the only time in 18 years that he has beaten him.

It is irrelevant if that was only a small part of what he said; that is the bit that sticks out, and is what many followers of F1 are all commenting on.

And some people wonder why he is disliked by a fair number of F1 "fans"!
Except you are entirely wrong...

1) Hamilton doesn't say he's raced against him for 18 years and has never beaten him. They haven't raced each other for all those years, their racing careers took different paths. You are misinterpreting what he says

2) Hamilton has wished him luck, congratulated and said he will miss the rivalry.. OPEN YOUR EYES!

3) again....open your eyes, he didn't say it's the first time nico has beaten Lewis in 18 years

4) it's not irrelevant, read the whole article with an open mind and it doesn't sound bad/ in the context in which you think
Old 2 Dec 2016, 18:20 (Ref:3693132)   #52
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Can't we, for once, have a thread about Rosberg?
Would love to if people stop hating for a change....problem with the world is when people mis quote, mis interpret or down right lie about stuff

But yeh anyway

Rosberg deserved the title this year, and is going out on top....classy move imho
Old 2 Dec 2016, 18:28 (Ref:3693136)   #53
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Can we get back to the much more pressing concern of an open seat with the reigning WCC team?
Old 2 Dec 2016, 18:35 (Ref:3693142)   #54
ascarracinguk
Veteran

Perez, bottas or pascal....alonso is stuck at mclaren, Vettel at Ferrari and I doubt red bull would let riccardo or max go....why would they?....promoting gasly would be daft....he's a good driver but no riccardo just yet
Old 2 Dec 2016, 18:48 (Ref:3693150)   #55
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The F1 Silly Season just got really silly.
Old 2 Dec 2016, 18:56 (Ref:3693154)   #56
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Wow Rosberg quits F1.
Old 2 Dec 2016, 18:58 (Ref:3693159)   #57
ascarracinguk
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Wow Rosberg quits F1.
Catch up dear...it's old news :-p
Old 2 Dec 2016, 19:36 (Ref:3693169)   #58
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
Except you are entirely wrong...

1) Hamilton doesn't say he's raced against him for 18 years and has never beaten him. They haven't raced each other for all those years, their racing careers took different paths. You are misinterpreting what he says

2) Hamilton has wished him luck, congratulated and said he will miss the rivalry.. OPEN YOUR EYES!

3) again....open your eyes, he didn't say it's the first time nico has beaten Lewis in 18 years

4) it's not irrelevant, read the whole article with an open mind and it doesn't sound bad/ in the context in which you think
Well, for a person that didn't say that Rosberg hadn't beaten him in 18 years, I quote below from just one of the articles that all state that Hamilton made the statement.

Quote:
"The sport will miss him but I wish him all the best. I am sure it is a surprise to many people. I am probably the only person who thought it was not a surprise because I've known him a long time, but this is motor racing," Hamilton said.

"This is the first time he has won in 18 years, hence why it was not a surprise that he decided to stop."

"He's got a family to focus on, and wants more children, and F1 takes so much time. Will I miss the rivalry? Of course."
And as I already said, he also said some nice things. However, I am not blinded to Hamilton's persona, as many are. And I do have an open mind, because I quite admired Hamilton when he first arrived in F1. My view of him has changed over the years since, based on how he has behaved at times, and his demeanour also at times.
Old 2 Dec 2016, 19:58 (Ref:3693173)   #59
ascarracinguk
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Well, for a person that didn't say that Rosberg hadn't beaten him in 18 years, I quote below from just one of the articles that all state that Hamilton made the statement.

And as I already said, he also said some nice things. However, I am not blinded to Hamilton's persona, as many are. And I do have an open mind, because I quite admired Hamilton when he first arrived in F1. My view of him has changed over the years since, based on how he has behaved at times, and his demeanour also at times.
1) he didn't say that rosberg hadn't beaten him in 18 years...just that he hadn't won in 18 years...they haven't competed against each other for 18 years. Either way his comment is factually correct

2) yes Lewis has had his lows, just like every driver...Christ rosberg has acted like a brat at times as has vettel button max et al...they're racing drivers and are incredibly driven individuals...don't be blinkered to that fact
Old 2 Dec 2016, 20:07 (Ref:3693179)   #60
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
he didn't say that rosberg hadn't beaten him in 18 years...just that he hadn't won in 18 years...they haven't competed against each other for 18 years. Either way his comment is factually correct
Except for the GP2 title that Nico won in 2005
Old 2 Dec 2016, 21:55 (Ref:3693200)   #61
Mies7337
Racer

Netherlands
Hoek van Holland
Mies7337 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd say Wehrlein is the obvious choice, but not if you want to secure the constructors championship. I'd say Button or Bottas.
I thought the silly season was going to be boaring this year, just like last. It turns out to be one of the best since a long time!
Is Rosberg quitting for life, or is he going to have a comeback with a midfield team in the future? He's only 31.
Old 2 Dec 2016, 22:18 (Ref:3693202)   #62
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I gotta admit I'm not that surprised over the retirement. Following the race on Sunday it even crossed my mind at one point that Rosberg could retire after this. If you saw a few of his post-race interviews, the interview with his mum. The mum was saying that when Nico is around they don't talk F1 at all. It's a banned topic. Plus the way Nico was talking about how Lewis was backing him up and how stressful it was. He gave the impression he really hated that race, and it was sort of ecclipsing his emotion of winning the title. Maybe it hadn't quite clicked yet, don't know.

I've not been in the position that Nico was in throughout this season, but if I was I imagine it would have been a hugely stressful year. Sure at the end you finally got that title, but was everything leading up to then enjoyable AT ALL? Or was it just mountains of pressure, stress, constantly hearing Hamilton is better from the media and fans, and trying to hold on to a points lead that comes down to the last lap. Hamilton probably isn't a great teammate and he also constantly whines and makes excuses - how many times do we have to hear about his engine blowup DNF and all the problems he's had this year (as if Rosberg's car has been flawless). Hell even the team, Toto, Niki can't talk about it without mention Hamiltons reliability. Overall Nico's demeaner hasn't been great this year, he seems very down. Probably the last two years actually, I guess he's not like Jenson Button (vs Lewis and Fred) and really didn't like Lewis coming in and admitting to himself that he's not the #1. The fans booing him last year might have got to him as well.

You've finally got the title, you know for a fact you have a better teammate (surely Nico knows by now that while he is a top 5 driver in F1, he can't quite match Hamilton), and with the rule changes next year Mercedes might have a lot more competition. If Vettel, Verstappen or Ricciardo get a better car that's three drivers that Nico would have trouble beating.

So yeah, I can totally see it. Also I wonder if his dads post-title campaign came into it? Only four more wins before retiring four years later.

Also, I wonder if Mercedes are unhappy with the team dynamic and were looking at replacing him soon anyway? If he was aware he might have been outed in 2018, why bother hanging around for another year, might as well retire at the top and enjoy family life. Still, only 31...
Old 2 Dec 2016, 22:21 (Ref:3693204)   #63
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
Except for the GP2 title that Nico won in 2005
Plus Formula BMW ADAC, if anyone wants to include that.

That comment is a low blow from Hamilton, I'm not sure why you'd bring up Nico not winning something in 18 years when he's not even correct about it. I hope Nico gives Lewis some low blows now that they don't have to be teammates anymore.
Old 2 Dec 2016, 23:52 (Ref:3693224)   #64
Compromised
Veteran

Compromised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
That comment is a low blow from Hamilton, I'm not sure why you'd bring up Nico not winning something in 18 years when he's not even correct about it.
Yeah it definitely sounds like Lewis is saying Nico is essentially doing the old cut and run - not the worst thing you could say about someone but unnecessary all the same
Old 3 Dec 2016, 00:11 (Ref:3693226)   #65
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Anyone seen my cat? I seem to have lost it amongst the pigeons.......
Old 3 Dec 2016, 01:07 (Ref:3693233)   #66
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Anyone seen my cat? I seem to have lost it amongst the pigeons.......
My cat scared them all away.
Old 3 Dec 2016, 01:16 (Ref:3693234)   #67
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
stop mis quoting and paraphrasing to make lewis sound like a dick...heres the full interview for anyone who wants to form a balanced view....

But Hamilton, who spoke in Vienna after Rosberg's announcement, said he had seen it coming.

"The sport will miss him and I'm sure it was a surprise for many people," he said. "I'm probably one of the only people it was not a surprise to, but that's because I have known him for a long, long time. But this is motor racing."

Hamilton and Rosberg started karting together in their early teens and have followed similar career trajectories before being matched as teammates in F1 at Mercedes in 2013.

Asked if he would miss the rivalry, Hamilton added: "Well, this is the first time he has won in 18 years, hence why it's not a surprise that he decided to stop. But also he's got a family to focus on and probably wants to have more children and Formula One takes up so much of your time.

"In terms of missing the rivalry, of course [I will]. We started out when we were 13 and we would always talk about being champions and when I joined this team Nico was there -- again which was something we talked about when we were kids. It's definitely going to be very strange and for sure I will be sad not to have him in the team next year."

Hamilton had talked about his desire to beat Rosberg in a straight fight next year, but the announcement means he will now be paired with a new teammate.

"Of course it is a shame that he won't allow me to fight it to take it back, but that was his choice and I respect his decision -- go out on top while you can. I have a different viewpoint. I won the championship the last two years and I gave an opportunity each year to have another shot for someone.

"That is genuinely how I am and I consistently believe in my ability and what I can do each year. Even if I was to win again most likely I'd like to get another opportunity. I like being challenged by different competitors, but again we have been racing for 18 years so it's not the worst scenario."
I neither misquoted nor paraphrased. Lewis said "This is the first time he has won in 18 years". Exact quote. Ignoring the inaugural GP2 title and quite a few GPs. Lewis doesn't need my help to sound like a dick.
Old 3 Dec 2016, 01:27 (Ref:3693238)   #68
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
I suppose it's too early to say, whether Nico is quitting motorsport for good?
Old 3 Dec 2016, 03:48 (Ref:3693246)   #69
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am guessing he is out of Motorsport for good. Behind the wheel that is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 3 Dec 2016, 04:23 (Ref:3693251)   #70
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
You just got beat by a guy who hasn't won in 18 years, huh Lewis? What does that say about you?
Old 3 Dec 2016, 07:09 (Ref:3693268)   #71
ascarracinguk
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
You just got beat by a guy who hasn't won in 18 years, huh Lewis? What does that say about you?
It says Lewis lost by 5 points while losing around 70 to mechanical faliures....Bette driver, no luck this year. That said rosberg deserved it, he has no control over hamiltons engines
Old 3 Dec 2016, 07:32 (Ref:3693269)   #72
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Isn't Lewis just saying that (basically) Nico has been in motorsport (karting and upwards\) for 18 years, and as they always talked, even as kids, their aim was to win the World Championship, and now he's finally done it?
Anyway, how classy/sportsmanlike/gentlemanly/team-spirited is it dump your team immediately after they've bent over backwards to get you your first (and seemly only) WDC?
(I just thought I'd throw some more fuel in the fire, it had become rather quiet on here...)
Old 3 Dec 2016, 07:41 (Ref:3693271)   #73
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Anyway, how classy/sportsmanlike/gentlemanly/team-spirited is it dump your team immediately after they've bent over backwards to get you your first (and seemly only) WDC?
Old 3 Dec 2016, 07:50 (Ref:3693273)   #74
LavidaLoca
Racer

LavidaLoca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
tbh , when you read on autosport big titles like "Is Rosberg a deserving world Champion" makes me feel understand why he does not want to carry on racing ..... Some peoples really do not deserve to be rated as high as journalists
Old 3 Dec 2016, 09:50 (Ref:3693285)   #75
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So, uhh, I guess I scored at least half a point in the 2016 time capsule:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyfan
9. Rosberg will finally snap and leave Mercedes at the end of the season