Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 2 Jun 2005, 17:22 (Ref:1318275)   #51
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Expanding that theme - would it be worth scrapping FBMW and FRenault and having F3 as the entry level?
Old 2 Jun 2005, 17:29 (Ref:1318280)   #52
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
no, because bmw and renault don't want to be in opposition to each other, that makes them look rubbish when they lose. they want to look great, and the only way they can do that is to run their own formulae...
Old 2 Jun 2005, 17:36 (Ref:1318287)   #53
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by moggie
Well done to Charlie on the weekend, I was there and he was flyng ahead by miles - but let's not forget that it is not really a difficult circuit and if it was that bit more challenging I am sure we would have seen him somewhere at the back.... I bet his car was underweight too
Surely you mean he was going so quick that it seemed like his car was underweight (but wasn't).

Considering the difficulty of the track it reminds me of Jim Clark. After Clark made up a lap deficit at Monza in 1967 it was said it was such an impressive drive because the circuit was easy. How do you have such an advantage over others on an easy circuit? Surely everyone finds it easy.
Old 2 Jun 2005, 17:46 (Ref:1318296)   #54
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella
no, because bmw and renault don't want to be in opposition to each other..

Aside from F1, then
Old 2 Jun 2005, 19:13 (Ref:1318395)   #55
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
yeah, and they all look like 'wits in that, don't they...
Old 3 Jun 2005, 13:13 (Ref:1319024)   #56
moggie
Rookie

moggie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
Surely you mean he was going so quick that it seemed like his car was underweight (but wasn't).

Considering the difficulty of the track it reminds me of Jim Clark. After Clark made up a lap deficit at Monza in 1967 it was said it was such an impressive drive because the circuit was easy. How do you have such an advantage over others on an easy circuit? Surely everyone finds it easy.
Different drivers have different skills - if Kimball's main talent is flying round a 'nursery' circuit as I like to call Thruxton than that's fine. I'd expect it to be similar in Castle Combe. I think Nurburgring will be the true test for some of the drivers, and the rest of them will be beached somewhere!
Old 3 Jun 2005, 13:58 (Ref:1319058)   #57
JJ Jet Plane
Racer

JJ Jet Plane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What's all this rubbish about Thruxton being easy? I agree with Mr Ashmore – if Kimball can be so dominant at Thruxton, with that track supposedly being easy, then why were the rest not up with him? You need discipline at Thruxton: discipline not to brake too late and screw up the Complex and Chicane. You need accuracy: if you don't get the right line round the back you're going to scrub off speed. Anyone can go flat in an F3 car round the back of Thruxton, but you need the finesse and accuracy to do that and let the car flow without scrubbing the speed off. That makes it just as difficult as any track in my book.
Old 3 Jun 2005, 15:38 (Ref:1319178)   #58
dantley
Rookie

dantley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
a 'nursery' circuit ----- Castle Combe....

Have you driven Thruxton or Combe ?? nursery
Old 3 Jun 2005, 15:55 (Ref:1319191)   #59
moggie
Rookie

moggie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Indeed, back in my time.
Old 3 Jun 2005, 16:00 (Ref:1319196)   #60
dantley
Rookie

dantley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
makes your comments even more strange.. oh well..

to find those last few tenths at thruxton is damn difficult.
Old 3 Jun 2005, 21:43 (Ref:1319530)   #61
Emma
Racer

England
Shropshire, UK
Emma should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias
Alvaro Parente appeared to dominate because he's been doing F3 like forever and he's in a Carlin again, but I don't see Alvaro lighting anybody's fire (except, perhaps, Emma's! ) as the season progresses.
Sorry, what was that Mathias?
*chases Mathias with a big stick*

Oh yeah lol does anyone know where Mr Bakkerud was hiding after Race 2? *hiding from me I expect *