Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 9 Mar 2017, 21:56 (Ref:3717599)   #151
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
attack of the clones!

Old 9 Mar 2017, 21:58 (Ref:3717600)   #152
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
attack of the clones!

That's frightening.
Old 10 Mar 2017, 00:30 (Ref:3717639)   #153
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Have we been able to see the dogs of Lewis on snapychat yet? I do hope so, it's the only way F1 can be saved.
Yes Rosco is lQQking as spoiled as usual, another fat cat except he is a dog ..
Hey Adam 😊
Old 11 Mar 2017, 10:21 (Ref:3717955)   #154
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
That's frightening.

Looks like DÃ*a de los Muertos in Mexico!
Old 11 Mar 2017, 16:19 (Ref:3717998)   #155
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
attack of the clones!

It looks more like a gathering of depraved satanists that are about to sacrifice a virgin.
Old 11 Mar 2017, 17:18 (Ref:3718009)   #156
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCII Man View Post
It looks more like a gathering of depraved satanists that are about to sacrifice a virgin.

how else can you live forever!
Old 23 Mar 2017, 09:07 (Ref:3720843)   #157
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
"Goodbye at last"...........Maybe not Bernie has been talking to Autosport's Dieter Rencken at the little man's request. It seems like His ire is directed at a certain former team boss, TD at Ferrari and Benetton who has recently got a job with Liberty.
It appears as though the arrival of Brawn prompted Liberty to give Bernie a lesser role. I suspect we are going to see the little man making life very difficult for F1's new Sporting Director as it is Bernie who knows where all the bodies are buried.

http://classicplus.autosport.com/pre...494.1448115426
Old 23 Mar 2017, 10:12 (Ref:3720859)   #158
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I can see there being more plans to get rid of Bernie if that happens
Old 23 Mar 2017, 10:32 (Ref:3720868)   #159
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The piece makes interesting reading but one wonders just why Bernie chose to have the chat with DR. Conjecture about Bernie cashing in shares is not really necessary, if you move out of a company where you had influence and do not trust the remaining or new management to run it "properly" you remove the risk to your wealth.

The comments about the Brazillian GP may indicate a move to the other side of the fence by Bernie as he becomes a race promoter and tries to negotiate better terms from Liberty for the Brazillian race. In such negotiation who would he have to deal with? Is it Brawn or Chase? By making it clear that there is enmity between him and Brawn he may hope to set the scene for others in Liberty to handle matters, individuals that are not as strong as Brawn perhaps?

Oh the games that people do play
Old 23 Mar 2017, 20:27 (Ref:3720975)   #160
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I wonder is he going to organize the promoters in the same way that he organized the teams way back in the 70's?
Old 23 Mar 2017, 20:53 (Ref:3720985)   #161
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
for years we have talked about wanting to see the tracks to unite in order to collectively negotiate lower sanctioning fees...could you imagine if BE was the one to do it?

he could stick it to Liberty/FOM and it would do a lot to restore/enhance his legacy.

would love to see this...in part for the financial viability of the the venues themselves but also because i would like to see BE go out as a hero rather than a villain.
Old 23 Mar 2017, 22:01 (Ref:3720998)   #162
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
for years we have talked about wanting to see the tracks to unite in order to collectively negotiate lower sanctioning fees...could you imagine if BE was the one to do it?

he could stick it to Liberty/FOM and it would do a lot to restore/enhance his legacy.

would love to see this...in part for the financial viability of the the venues themselves but also because i would like to see BE go out as a hero rather than a villain.
That would hardly salvage his reputation - rather like Martin McGuiness?
Old 24 Mar 2017, 14:16 (Ref:3721182)   #163
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
didnt get the reference so headed to google...surely BE is not nearly as polarizing of a figure.
Old 25 Mar 2017, 21:03 (Ref:3721490)   #164
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I think that before too long Liberty might appreciate the wise words of Lyndon Johnson about the reasons for appointing Spiro Agnew as his Vice-President.For those too young to remember,it involved tents...
Old 27 Mar 2017, 21:24 (Ref:3721974)   #165
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
“Ninety-nine percent of failures come from people who make excuses.†― George Washington (1732–1799)
Old 14 Apr 2017, 23:18 (Ref:3726476)   #166
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Guess who showed up in the paddock yesterday! And he has spoken to the media about how little interaction he's had with the new owners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard

"I've never met Sean."

"Ross popped in to see me for 10-15 minutes a week or 10 days ago. Chase I spoke to this morning. I've spoken to him two or three times."

"He was asking me some things which I could help him with, which I did. So if there's any help they want, I'm there helping. He's in the lucky position that I wasn't in."

He also went on to say this about race promoter fees, which I find bemusing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard

"The only thing that would be good for everyone, I think, would be if we could charge the promoters a lot less money."

"If we could reduce the fee they pay they could then charge less for tickets and sell more tickets. So if you want to look after the fans, that's the way to do it."

"Sooner or later I'm frightened that the governments behind them will say enough is enough, and bye bye."

Oh the irony!
Old 15 Apr 2017, 05:31 (Ref:3726503)   #167
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
His comments are exactly what I would expect, he's always known that exorbitant sanctioning fees are bad for the sport in the long term and the fans both short term and long term, now he's cast off the shackles of the sport he can say what he really thinks. When it was his job to extract the maximum short term profit he lied without the slightest compulsion like the psychopath he is.
Old 15 Apr 2017, 10:13 (Ref:3726544)   #168
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Funny that Bernie is talking about reducing fees charged to race promoters there was talk recently of him making a bid to purchase Interlagos..
Same old Bernie not much changes does it old chap 😊
Old 15 Apr 2017, 10:17 (Ref:3726545)   #169
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Decides now having squeezed loads of dosh off circuit promoters, he now says it was a bad idea now he's no longer involved. Let's face he didn't need that much anyway
Old 15 Apr 2017, 23:56 (Ref:3726752)   #170
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
What a duplicitous individual. This is him through and through and it's comments like this that make me glad he has gone.
Old 16 Apr 2017, 06:14 (Ref:3726787)   #171
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
While he isn't blameless because he did it the point about the priorities being different because it was owned by CVC is interesting and valid.
Old 16 Apr 2017, 08:04 (Ref:3726817)   #172
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Who negotiated the sale to CVC? Who did the deals that leave promoters broken if they don't have government money? Who appeared on TV saying if they can't afford it they shouldn't have it?

There's no way Bernie can absolve himself from the responsibility.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
Old 16 Apr 2017, 10:39 (Ref:3726847)   #173
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Quote:
While he isn't blameless because he did it the point about the priorities being different because it was owned by CVC is interesting and valid.
It's a thin veil that he tries to hide behind Adam as much as he did many many good things for F1 Bernie is full of it ..
Old 16 Apr 2017, 12:35 (Ref:3726913)   #174
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
So perhaps F1Guy has an idea on what Christian Horner, Flavio Briatore and Bernie were chatting about yesterday? Any rumours floating about?
Old 16 Apr 2017, 23:03 (Ref:3727216)   #175
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Who negotiated the sale to CVC? Who did the deals that leave promoters broken if they don't have government money? Who appeared on TV saying if they can't afford it they shouldn't have it?

There's no way Bernie can absolve himself from the responsibility.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
Quote:
While he isn't blameless because he did it...
Yep, from start to finish. This was self evident. Still an interesting and valid point.

Last edited by Adam43; 18 Apr 2017 at 04:46. Reason: removed silly bit