Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars. > New Zealand Motor Racing

Notices

Old 25 May 2013, 03:59 (Ref:3252911)   #26
nistfan
Racer

New Zealand
nistfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Member CCC View Post
Awesome day in Christchurch today the sun is shinning!
ST only race north of Taupo, don't you know...
Old 25 May 2013, 04:47 (Ref:3252921)   #27
HProject
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
HProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The crowds are nothing flash at the minute, but they're better than I thought they would be with this weather - it's been raining non-stop since about lunch.

Two big off's in the ute's in the wet about an hour ago - Lightfoot and Cross hitting the outside wall at turn 1 hard, and Huggi going straight ahead into the tyres at Castrol. Wondering whether they'll all be back tomorrow.

Last edited by HProject; 25 May 2013 at 04:56.
Old 25 May 2013, 04:57 (Ref:3252922)   #28
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappelli View Post
Horrible Weather... Dark, cold, wet.

I did a drive by during Practise 2 and was bloody surprised by the crowd....
The top parking paddock was 3/4 full (paid parking) and there were a healthy enough number lining the streets (free parking)....

The Wife thought the crowd was similar to the last time she went out there, which she seemed to think was "a lovely sunny weekend and a day of racing".... Which would have been a couple of years ago....
well you'd hope there would be a decent crowd today ST seem to really be pushing their free tickets for Saturday.. to attract ticket buyers for Sunday. good luck to them if it works!
Old 25 May 2013, 05:05 (Ref:3252923)   #29
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
well you'd hope there would be a decent crowd today ST seem to really be pushing their free tickets for Saturday.. to attract ticket buyers for Sunday. good luck to them if it works!
Be interesting to see how many of those free tickets were redeemed today... Standing in the rain all day to use a ticket that cost you nothing, no thanks.
Old 25 May 2013, 05:11 (Ref:3252925)   #30
Swedish Brick
Racer

Swedish Brick has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Bah whats a little rain? Spectators are getting too soft these days!
Old 25 May 2013, 05:40 (Ref:3252931)   #31
socram
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
socram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsocram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Brick View Post
Bah whats a little rain? Spectators are getting too soft these days!
I think you'll find that regardless of the weather, compared to 50 years ago and beyond, there are now so many leisure options and families are so much more mobile, that many sports and events are seeing lower crowds, not just motorsport.
Old 25 May 2013, 07:43 (Ref:3252950)   #32
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by socram View Post
I think you'll find that regardless of the weather, compared to 50 years ago and beyond, there are now so many leisure options and families are so much more mobile, that many sports and events are seeing lower crowds, not just motorsport.

Totally agree with your post, frankly we are spoilt for choice. This afternoons cold and wet weather was hard to take and I dont blame many of the spectators voting with their feet and heading for home.

Track temperatures reached a high of 17 degree's C during the second V8ST practise but dropped to 14 during the wet qualifying session. Thankfully the weathers looking much better for tomorrow, so times should tumble by at least another second, so very encouraging all in all.
Old 25 May 2013, 10:50 (Ref:3253002)   #33
HProject
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
HProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another weird ol' day all up. Despite the weather, a reasonable crowd showed up. Hopefully we see more of them back tomorrow.

Also, I received a message over social media which debunks the "15k" remark I made on the previous page - instead making the figure more around 50k.

Anyway, bring on tomorrow Here's some pics, just because.

My full SuperTourer set from the day is here: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...5072430&type=1
Old 25 May 2013, 11:46 (Ref:3253014)   #34
kiwi20
Racer

New Zealand
kiwi20 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hard to tell as there is no clear pic but looks like Murphys car now has the Hankook logo on the guard too...with no Bridgestone on guards.
Old 25 May 2013, 18:58 (Ref:3253120)   #35
Icarus_nz
Racer

New Zealand
Paradise
Icarus_nz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridIcarus_nz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On a positive note, I predict a fine old dust up between the two young fellas on the front row.
Nothng to lose, everything to prove
Bring on the entertainment boys!
Old 26 May 2013, 00:40 (Ref:3253228)   #36
HProject
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
Race one wasn't exactly a blockbuster. A fair bit of biffo though. Fogg appeared on TV to take out Walsh on one of the restarts after a shove from Pederson. Boothy also walled it, but later on at turn one. Walsh's car has the most damage - so I'm not sure it'll be back on track.

Old 26 May 2013, 01:16 (Ref:3253234)   #37
Swedish Brick
Racer

Swedish Brick has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Is the track wet?
Old 26 May 2013, 03:33 (Ref:3253259)   #38
HProject
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Brick View Post
Is the track wet?
Race one was mostly dry - but with some wet portions off the racing line. Race two was damp after a couple of passing showers - but dry by the end. And race three will likely (touch wood) be dry.
Old 26 May 2013, 04:03 (Ref:3253264)   #39
Sidewayz
Rookie

Sidewayz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are there even any cars left to run the final race.
Any sign of the Hyundai?
Old 26 May 2013, 05:05 (Ref:3253273)   #40
GHOGH
Racer

GHOGH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The online video coverage is ok for the first attempt considering speedcafe article said the livestreaming was not gong to be ready for Pukekohe.
Don't know about the commentators - I await the day of the selectable commentary - basic, technical etc.
Music selection was a bit eek too.
Old 26 May 2013, 06:52 (Ref:3253279)   #41
Point2
Rookie

Point2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2 races today ran from start to finish with no safety car.
Sitting in the stand it made for a long day.

Support races lacked numbers but challenge cup was good to watch.

7 hours at track.
Managed to watch all races
Visit a few teams and drivers in pits
Was hosting customers in lounge so wined and dined ok.
They seemed happy
All,in all not bad.
Old 26 May 2013, 07:10 (Ref:3253281)   #42
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HProject View Post
Race one was mostly dry - but with some wet portions off the racing line. Race two was damp after a couple of passing showers - but dry by the end. And race three will likely (touch wood) be dry.
Unfortunately the circuit never dried completely, with a very treacherous constant stream of water running across the track just before the overhead pedestrian bridge. That and the cold conditions etc, made for a very trying weekend all round.

Have to say I am disappointed, with the state of the track in the wet, V8SC are extremely lucky they had great weather otherwise I am sure heads would roll.
Old 26 May 2013, 07:38 (Ref:3253285)   #43
harcey
Racer

harcey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Petch View Post
Unfortunately the circuit never dried completely, with a very treacherous constant stream of water running across the track just before the overhead pedestrian bridge. That and the cold conditions etc, made for a very trying weekend all round.

Have to say I am disappointed, with the state of the track in the wet, V8SC are extremely lucky they had great weather otherwise I am sure heads would roll.
couldnt agree more mark,clearly the place has had an Otara makeover and theres gonna be lots of poor buggers damaging cars during this winter in club events when they get caught out in downpours
Old 26 May 2013, 07:48 (Ref:3253288)   #44
HProject
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Petch View Post
From what I've heard at the track from marshalls and co - which I doubt is news to many - is that the concrete walls basically negate all the previous natural and man-made forms of water-drainage. If true, what a massive oversight.

Anyway, what a weird bizarre day of racing.
Old 26 May 2013, 10:39 (Ref:3253337)   #45
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Not bad crowds actually either. Not many on the hill but loads in the stands! And why not, weather didn't settle until about 3.

I noticed the stream of water across the track, lots of un-drained groundwater leaching out where it should have been picked up by subsoil drainage. They will need to spend about another $500k+ if they want to sort drainage along the periphery.
Old 26 May 2013, 10:44 (Ref:3253340)   #46
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Lap times on a cold dry-ish track in the high 1:04's, on a warm day would likely see another second off that so not too bad. I really miss the old back straight though!

You can see why it would never ever get an FIA Grade 2 licence, just not the space for any decent run-offs. And putting those concrete barriers along the outside of the back straight is a complete joke - they just wanted to use it all up obviously!
Old 26 May 2013, 11:33 (Ref:3253364)   #47
Blackpearl
Racer

Blackpearl is a back marker
Laugh of the weekend, once foggys car was destroyed they repaired it, then he went off in the next race and gased it up and snaked it up into the wall to have a dnf.
Old 26 May 2013, 11:35 (Ref:3253366)   #48
Blackpearl
Racer

Blackpearl is a back marker
Also would never run in the wet at this track now, its dangerous.
Old 26 May 2013, 20:50 (Ref:3253659)   #49
Icarus_nz
Racer

New Zealand
Paradise
Icarus_nz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridIcarus_nz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackpearl View Post
Laugh of the weekend, once foggys car was destroyed they repaired it, then he went off in the next race and gased it up and snaked it up into the wall to have a dnf.
'Man of the match'
Old 26 May 2013, 20:56 (Ref:3253662)   #50
Alpina107
Rookie

Alpina107 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
And putting those concrete barriers along the outside of the back straight is a complete joke - they just wanted to use it all up obviously!
Another legacy from the Tony Cochrane era!!