Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 Oct 2003, 18:49 (Ref:740496)   #1
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Yoong Montoya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone notice any similarity between Raikkonen's and Senna's voices?

I think they sound very similar. Sometimes it was a bit hard to make out what Senna was saying because he used to mumble slightly too.
Old 4 Oct 2003, 18:57 (Ref:740504)   #2
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A nordic robot similar to a slightly mumbling latino?

:confused:
Old 4 Oct 2003, 19:14 (Ref:740514)   #3
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Yoong Montoya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by ASCII Man
A nordic robot similar to a slightly mumbling latino?

:confused:

No, I mean speaking style, not personality or charisima. Raikkonen is of course just a robot under remote control by Ron Dennis
Old 4 Oct 2003, 19:37 (Ref:740531)   #4
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So because both of them mumble they have exactly the same voice? Hmmmm...........yes..........the similarities are endless!
Old 4 Oct 2003, 20:33 (Ref:740576)   #5
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
What goes on inside that brain of yours YM? What will you think of next?
Old 4 Oct 2003, 22:21 (Ref:740626)   #6
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I must say that i don't see any resemblance.
Old 4 Oct 2003, 22:28 (Ref:740628)   #7
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
I can't imagine Kimi keeping a press room enthralled for an hour and a half like Senna did after Japan 1990.
Old 4 Oct 2003, 23:12 (Ref:740642)   #8
SKT
Rookie

SKT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's for sure Mr V. As long as KR wins races he can continue play the iceman cometh verbiage.

But a driver like Senna, to both win and be able to explicitly disect his performance - is well, not likely to happen anytime soon.

If we use Senna as a measuring stick for greatness, MS even with all his WDC's pales in comparison to Senna the Man.
Old 4 Oct 2003, 23:12 (Ref:740643)   #9
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Kimi had a press conference for an hour & a half i think that the only press left there at the end would be sound asleep.
Old 5 Oct 2003, 01:46 (Ref:740714)   #10
z2252314
Racer

z2252314 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
If we use Senna as a measuring stick for greatness, MS even with all his WDC's pales in comparison to Senna the Man.
I dont think team bosses judge greatness by how a driver can enthrall the media room.
Old 5 Oct 2003, 02:09 (Ref:740725)   #11
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not these days anyway.

Personally I can't find any way at all in which Kimi is like Senna. And I have tried to think of one. Except for general anatomy they come from completely different planets.
Old 5 Oct 2003, 03:58 (Ref:740743)   #12
senna12
Veteran

senna12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Of current drivers, I thought Cristiano sounded a lot more like Ayrton, plus, he kinda looks like Gilles. Doesn't drive like him, though!
Old 5 Oct 2003, 04:39 (Ref:740762)   #13
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi has the strangest voice I've ever heard.
Old 5 Oct 2003, 10:16 (Ref:740885)   #14
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Logrence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi sounds like one of the muppet babies, but I can't remember his name...
Old 5 Oct 2003, 10:31 (Ref:740893)   #15
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Kimi does sound strange. dullish voice
Old 5 Oct 2003, 11:53 (Ref:740956)   #16
Yunis
Rookie

Yunis should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
id say jarno trulli resembles senna looks wise...infact at times it became scary...almost identical
Old 5 Oct 2003, 11:54 (Ref:740957)   #17
Yunis
Rookie

Yunis should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
kimi is a boring robot! even MS has more humour thann kimi...
Old 5 Oct 2003, 12:01 (Ref:740965)   #18
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Am I watching and listening to a different sport here?
Old 5 Oct 2003, 13:24 (Ref:741025)   #19
Muzza
Veteran

Brazil
Newbury Park, CA, United States
Muzza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has this thread any sense? Don't we have anything more important to debate?

I have noticed that recently some members have posted messages which are - excuse me - rather absurd. Yesterday another one called asked who is Jackie Stewart to express his opinion, and then proceded to call him senile...

I can only conclude that the only reasons for posting these are a.) willingness to generate polemics, b.) desire to be looked upon as an "alternative thinker" (what people call "weirdo" in the US) and c.) boost one's number of posted messages (a veiled form of intellectual masturbation).

Let's get real.

Muzza
Old 6 Oct 2003, 22:30 (Ref:742400)   #20
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
Ummm... if we reduce ourselves to important things to post, I think here we would not have a whole forum with many post per day about F1

Let´s face it, F1 doesn't generate so many interesting news everyday. I is a bit as soccer (football): so many media speaking about it and most of news are a bit... thin.

Don't take this post too seriously! (I just put it to increase my low number of posts)
Old 7 Oct 2003, 06:08 (Ref:742587)   #21
Don Rennis
Rookie

Don Rennis should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No, not at all! Senna had a charismatic albeit accented voice, whilst Kimi sounds like he’s been fitted with one of those noise box things you find in the back of a kids teddy bear!

Another thing... Senna used to say something - I’m still waiting for Kimi!
Old 7 Oct 2003, 06:25 (Ref:742601)   #22
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The only similarity to Senna i can find is that of Jarno Trulli's face when wearing his helmet: the camera framed him very close, at the last GP when he was waiting for his qual round, and eventually made me shudder...

Last edited by climb; 7 Oct 2003 at 06:26.
Old 7 Oct 2003, 16:59 (Ref:743195)   #23
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Schumi sounds much like Bronson Pinchot.

-Jamie Hyneman
Old 7 Oct 2003, 17:21 (Ref:743214)   #24
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Only if he starts saying : "But I am Raikkonen !"

Seriously,

He did make me remember of Senna, that race when they showed him talking to Ron when he was leaving the circuit after a retirement. I can't remember any relationship between a driver and the boss like Senna and Dennis.
Old 7 Oct 2003, 18:22 (Ref:743268)   #25
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

You mean at the Nurburgring Bon?