Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 18 Jan 2011, 11:39 (Ref:2817268)   #776
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ok, well once we have agreed the winner, just as a fun exercise we could suggest a few captions for Gordon's avatar but I hope that I won't have to be editing too much!
Old 18 Jan 2011, 12:00 (Ref:2817273)   #777
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick JM View Post
Ditto John

BTW I still think that whoever it was who suggested we do a caption based on Gordon's avatar had a cracking idea

Robyn's quote for me
Are you saying that Robyn's 'That bloody Beemers' eaten my Anglia' line is your suggestion for Gordon's avatar caption?
She is walking as I would imagine one would walk on the news that your Anglia had become some 'Teutonic Titbit' ....

Last edited by E.B; 18 Jan 2011 at 12:06.
Old 18 Jan 2011, 12:09 (Ref:2817276)   #778
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
David Towe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick JM View Post
Ditto John

BTW I still think that whoever it was who suggested we do a caption based on Gordon's avatar had a cracking idea

Robyn's quote for me
That would be me, I knew I'd come up with a good idea sooner or later.
Say when John.
Old 18 Jan 2011, 13:45 (Ref:2817310)   #779
Nick JM
Veteran

United Kingdom
South Bucks
Nick JM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Are you saying that Robyn's 'That bloody Beemers' eaten my Anglia' line is your suggestion for Gordon's avatar caption?
She is walking as I would imagine one would walk on the news that your Anglia had become some 'Teutonic Titbit' ....

true - but I would have thought by the cocky gait of her walk it would have been her doing the eating...
Old 18 Jan 2011, 14:03 (Ref:2817320)   #780
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JOHN!!! It's started already
Old 19 Jan 2011, 10:23 (Ref:2817706)   #781
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I don't understand any of this! Am 'unsticking' this thread in favour of Zef's new one. Carry on!
Old 19 Jan 2011, 10:25 (Ref:2817709)   #782
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
'I'm fully armed with horns and bazookas'