Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 25 Apr 2018, 02:44 (Ref:3817266)   #1151
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwood View Post
No need for the sarcasm, if it was obvious I wouldn't have asked...
I mean he has only won 1 race since 2011
Old 25 Apr 2018, 06:20 (Ref:3817274)   #1152
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyson Mazda View Post
The other way of looking at it is he was the 2014 ELMS Champion and podiumed at Le Mans.
Old 25 Apr 2018, 08:57 (Ref:3817293)   #1153
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Could do far worse then those three
Old 26 Apr 2018, 22:32 (Ref:3817572)   #1154
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Cheese

Rene Binder tested with them in Monza. Will he join the gang?
Old 27 Apr 2018, 18:22 (Ref:3817769)   #1155
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyson Mazda View Post
He's won 2, and the races from 2015 onwards that he's not won he has very good reasons for (either driving a second-category car, or the Kolles against factory teams).

So you can fairly say he didn't win a race between 2011-2013.
Not exactly the worst run we've ever seen.
Old 27 Apr 2018, 19:43 (Ref:3817784)   #1156
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
ByKolles seem quietly confident in their progress http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/b...ed-lmp1-class/. Apparently the Monza test went well for them. I really hope they're at the front of at least the privateer field and maybe fighting Toyota legitimately on pace.
Old 27 Apr 2018, 21:05 (Ref:3817796)   #1157
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
“We respect our competitors but today none of them is giving us a sleepless night.”

I love them and their bizarre spirit lol
Old 28 Apr 2018, 01:16 (Ref:3817811)   #1158
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
“We respect our competitors but today none of them is giving us a sleepless night.”

I love them and their bizarre spirit lol
That line is what makes it seem to me they're pretty confident in their pace. Hopefully it's genuine because they're due imo.
Old 28 Apr 2018, 07:38 (Ref:3817838)   #1159
bentley speed 8
Veteran

Sri Lanka
bentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From what I have gathered, it looks like they prepared for this year a lot better than in their previous attempts.
Old 28 Apr 2018, 08:42 (Ref:3817845)   #1160
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
They certainly needed to significantly raise their game, and the evidence in testing suggests they have. I still don't see them running at the sharp end of the privateer LMP1 field, but I don't think they'll be far off, and if the car proves reliable, they could certainly spring a surprise or two over the course of the season.
Old 28 Apr 2018, 10:09 (Ref:3817868)   #1161
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Performance wise I think they had already raised the game at Le Mans last year, on the evidence of that opening lap when they were challenging works cars (before it all went to crap). But yes now it's looking much more convincing on paper too

I always wonder if Colin actually ever visits the track with the team, you never see him anywhere.
Old 28 Apr 2018, 11:14 (Ref:3817871)   #1162
Deleted
Veteran

Might I just add that if they get the discussed/expected second chassis prepped for Silverstone (boosting LMP1 to 11 entries, already beating the "extremely popular DPi"), the chances for at least 1 podium this season should be very realistic once they're not putting all their prayers into just one horse. Even if they can't match Oreca and Dallara on speed, there probably events of high attrition coming up
Old 28 Apr 2018, 21:59 (Ref:3817958)   #1163
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

Quote:
I always wonder if Colin actually ever visits the track with the team, you never see him anywhere.
Boris is there and Ravetto is there now.

Every man has his secret sorrows which the world knows not; and often times we call a man cold when he is only sad.
Old 28 Apr 2018, 22:56 (Ref:3817966)   #1164
Deleted
Veteran

... okay
Old 29 Apr 2018, 00:44 (Ref:3817980)   #1165
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Might I just add that if they get the discussed/expected second chassis prepped for Silverstone (boosting LMP1 to 11 entries, already beating the "extremely popular DPi"), the chances for at least 1 podium this season should be very realistic once they're not putting all their prayers into just one horse. Even if they can't match Oreca and Dallara on speed, there probably events of high attrition coming up
And then there's scope for more to join later this season and/or next year. If certain cars prove to be competitive we might see more customer lmp1's. It might even become oversubscribed (if there is such a thing in lmp1)
Old 29 Apr 2018, 11:18 (Ref:3818059)   #1166
Tique
Racer

France
Paris
Tique should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I recall an article stating that the CLM doesn't have much mechanical grip and it has been one of area where they have spent some time during the last months. Having said that, they haven't solved all the issues and therefore the CLM will be more efficient on specific track as Le Mans, Silverstone, and not so on other. If the second car project is finalized, I think it will be on specific track then.

Last edited by Tique; 29 Apr 2018 at 11:19. Reason: spelling mistake
Old 29 Apr 2018, 11:37 (Ref:3818061)   #1167
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tique View Post
I recall an article stating that the CLM doesn't have much mechanical grip and it has been one of area where they have spent some time during the last months. Having said that, they haven't solved all the issues and therefore the CLM will be more efficient on specific track as Le Mans, Silverstone, and not so on other. If the second car project is finalized, I think it will be on specific track then.
The chassis's always been

Moderately/Relatively good at Le Mans
Somewhat okayish at Spa
Crap everywhere else

So if they've improved even more on the first two low downforce areas, I don't think specialization is necessarily a bad thing. Same thing happened with Force India in their first years, they were great at Spa and Monza and then terrible everywhere else

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
And then there's scope for more to join later this season and/or next year. If certain cars prove to be competitive we might see more customer lmp1's. It might even become oversubscribed (if there is such a thing in lmp1)
They'll axe FIA pit boxes if it means more room for potential P1s
Old 29 Apr 2018, 14:51 (Ref:3818139)   #1168
RedSquirrel
Racer

Ireland
RedSquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=know49JKz04
Ten minutes of footage from the recent test at Monza. (It's that man Bozzy again.)
That Nismo engine makes a lovely noise. Also, look at the way it blows by the GT3 cars, first Manthey's current car and then next year's. Because the team has always been a bit...rubbish compared to the hybrids, I tend to forget that it's still an LMP1 and so is ludicrously quick.
Old 29 Apr 2018, 16:31 (Ref:3818171)   #1169
Deleted
Veteran

That's probably the best noise I've ever heard recorded of that Nismo

Anyway no wonder you never really get real feel of this car, as not only is their PR department secretive/non-existent and their results lacking but also the car never gets screen time on any of the ACO cameras (unless it's in trouble and even then not always lol). Getting to the top of non-hybrids would ensure it getting on people's radars more
Old 29 Apr 2018, 17:04 (Ref:3818180)   #1170
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
That's probably the best noise I've ever heard recorded of that Nismo

Anyway no wonder you never really get real feel of this car, as not only is their PR department secretive/non-existent and their results lacking but also the car never gets screen time on any of the ACO cameras (unless it's in trouble and even then not always lol). Getting to the top of non-hybrids would ensure it getting on people's radars more
It featured for about a whole 30 seconds at last year's Le Mans
Old 29 Apr 2018, 21:46 (Ref:3818236)   #1171
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
It featured for about a whole 30 seconds at last year's Le Mans
And even that just because it was in the same shot with factory cars

In 2016 when the AER caught fire, I'm not sure if there was any other shot of them all week Same with 2015 but technically they spent most of the time in the pits that year and also there wasn't exactly lack of cars to cover in LMP1 that year
Old 1 May 2018, 22:06 (Ref:3818737)   #1172
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntos View Post
Every man has his secret sorrows which the world knows not; and often times we call a man cold when he is only sad.
Crikey, these ByKolles press releases only get weirder...
Old 3 May 2018, 08:03 (Ref:3819035)   #1173
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
ByKolles reveal high down force aero kit.

https://twitter.com/circuitspa/statu...676755968?s=19
Old 3 May 2018, 10:27 (Ref:3819062)   #1174
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
ByKolles reveal high down force aero kit.

https://twitter.com/circuitspa/statu...676755968?s=19
Good one
Old 3 May 2018, 16:31 (Ref:3819148)   #1175
TF110
Veteran

United States
Something happened to the car in fp2. Not sure what it was yet.