Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Closed Thread

Old 13 May 2004, 02:28 (Ref:969376)   #301
bathurst
Racer

Australia
sydney
bathurst should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If any of the Money is spent on improving facilities in Mcphillamy Park and NOT Reid Park, I will run naked down Conrod Straight....
Old 13 May 2004, 02:32 (Ref:969381)   #302
xr6turbo
Rookie

xr6turbo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here here gtr...well put yet again.I may not post much in the discussion forum,but i do enjoy reading everyone's comments in regards to motorsport.lets get back to the thing we all (apparantly) enjoy..that being motorsport in general.
Old 13 May 2004, 03:39 (Ref:969417)   #303
TSK
Rookie

TSK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From AFR.com Breaking News:
(http://afr.com/articles/2004/05/13/1084289799405.html)

V8s cement Bathurst future
May 13 13:19
AAP

The future of V8 Supercar racing's premier event, the Bathurst 1000, has been guaranteed for the next 20 years under a new deal signed on Thursday.

Bathurst City Council and V8 Supercar racing's governing body AVESCO have agreed a 10-year contract with a 10-year option for the annual event.

The long-term partnership secures the future of the race at Mount Panorama when it was under threat of being moved to its original site at Phillip Island, or offshore.

Today's announcement comes on the heels of a $10 million Federal Government contribution in Tuesday's Budget towards the revamp of Mount Panorama's run-down facilities.

A new pit lane complex, improved spectator facilities and 400 extra camp sites are among the plans for the facelift of the Mount Panorama track.

AVESCO chairman Tony Cochrane said his company would promote the race itself through its AVESCO Events arm.

Bathurst Mayor Kath Knowles said work on the first stage of Mount Panorama's redevelopment was ahead of schedule and would be completed in time for this year's race from October 7-10.

Stage one includes 36 pit garages, a new control tower, media centre and corporate suites.

"Race teams, sponsors and other key stakeholders can see that the serious commitment being made to bring the race facilities up to a standard that more accurately reflects the reputation of this world class event," she said.
Old 13 May 2004, 04:23 (Ref:969432)   #304
bathurst
Racer

Australia
sydney
Where the hell are they fit 400 extra campsites? Make ours smaller????
Old 13 May 2004, 04:52 (Ref:969441)   #305
Bigguy
Racer

Bigguy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by bathurst
Where the hell are they fit 400 extra campsites? Make ours smaller????
Well if they could fit 400 extra campsites in by making yours smaller, I can only applaud it!
Old 13 May 2004, 06:22 (Ref:969471)   #306
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If the last pit lane was only good for 17 years, what makes the new one good for 20?
Old 13 May 2004, 07:22 (Ref:969498)   #307
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by TSK
The long-term partnership secures the future of the race at Mount Panorama when it was under threat of being moved to its original site at Phillip Island, or offshore.
Someone forgot to tell them that just because V8Supercars aren't there doesn't mean a Bathurst 1000 can't run.

When has it been rumoured to move to Phillip Island? Especially as AVESCO have rejected it twice within a year.
Old 13 May 2004, 10:34 (Ref:969650)   #308
louonline
Racer

louonline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Bomn
You appear to have come here to push Bathurst rather than discuss Motorsport.

What happened to the government policy of user pays because with these grants the people who can't get a go are the ones that are paying and the elite who get to use the place rake it in.
Bomn,
To any race fan Bathurst IS motor sport.
I’m sure nobody here is interested in our historic buildings, manufacturing industry or vineyards.
Therefore on this forum Bathurst and motor racing is one and the same.
“Pushing Bathurst” ?……..may be I am, but like I said, I’m only responding to what’s posted.
You bag it, I’ll defend it.
Look, Bathurst got the grant, learn to live with it and move on.
If you want the money spent on a particular part of the circuit, write to BCC and tell them what you would like to see done. They might surprise you and listen.
Don't drive faster than your Angel can fly.
Old 17 May 2004, 09:24 (Ref:973107)   #309
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Its alive....
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 17 May 2004, 10:27 (Ref:973144)   #310
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Falcadore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by racer69
Someone forgot to tell them that just because V8Supercars aren't there doesn't mean a Bathurst 1000 can't run.

When has it been rumoured to move to Phillip Island? Especially as AVESCO have rejected it twice within a year.
The rumour had been circulated around Brisbane. If Bathurst had to be moved then only Eastern Creek and Phillip Island could hold the race. Attached to the rumour was that was why PI wasn't being considered for the Shanghai round as it was being kept aside in case Bathurst became unusable to AVESCOs expectations.

It was all just rumour, but it added up.
Old 18 May 2004, 00:08 (Ref:973954)   #311
bathurst
Racer

Australia
sydney
Quote:
Originally posted by Bigguy
Well if they could fit 400 extra campsites in by making yours smaller, I can only applaud it!
Well Bigguy, you obviously have only seen the ferals, and not camped with the real Motor Racing Enthusiasts on top of Mt Panorama.
Old 18 May 2004, 00:30 (Ref:973960)   #312
bathurst
Racer

Australia
sydney
Well there you go, 400 more campsites are going in the Paddock area. Not so squeeeezzzzzy Ray and Steven..
Old 21 May 2004, 09:57 (Ref:977480)   #313
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Amaroo Park should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by louonline
What's wrong with you people? Your all so negative!
We have different opinions, perhaps you should look here for guidance http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...threadid=54573

Before attacking posters here read a bit and tone it down
Old 21 May 2004, 10:09 (Ref:977489)   #314
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Actually colinbond, there are a lot of people here who are totally passionate about the sport, who want to see it do well, to take pride in its successes and share its failures.

A lot of it has to do with people's views about things in the sport not happening how they would like them, and there may be a form of 'non-positivity' about particular issues primarily because they can see ahead, see the ramifications of particular courses of action, and intimate that there is a rocky road ahead.

That someone is sarcastic, bordering on negative does not imply that they dont care, in fact its usually the opposite that is true...
Old 21 May 2004, 12:15 (Ref:977631)   #315
Bigguy
Racer

Bigguy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by bathurst
Well Bigguy, you obviously have only seen the ferals, and not camped with the real Motor Racing Enthusiasts on top of Mt Panorama.
Apart from the fact that my post was a JOKE (hint: four of these ), in the absence of same from your reply, I must assume you were serious.

As far as I am concerned, this particular motor racing enthusiast wants a lot more than to sit on my backside watching cars flash by for 24 hours, so I hang around the bottom of the circuit and stick my face into the back of pit bays during stops, so I can hear first-hand the actual goings on between team members, and also keep a close eye on the timing screens to be closely aware of increasing or diminishing gaps between various competitors.

Sorry if this disqualifies me from being a "real" enthusiast.
Old 21 May 2004, 12:49 (Ref:977673)   #316
louonline
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by colinbond
We have different opinions, perhaps you should look here for guidance http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...threadid=54573

Before attacking posters here read a bit and tone it down
As far as I’m concerned the issue is over.
If you want to talk motor sport, particularly B24 I’ll be happy to exchange (positive) views with you.
If you want to discuss funding for hospitals, bad roads or childcare this is not the place.
BTW, I’m a great admirer of Colin Bond. His name brings back many fond memories.
Old 21 May 2004, 14:02 (Ref:977748)   #317
snappa
Racer

snappa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hey bathurst dont forget about the true enthusiasts who give up there hard earned time money and sleep to work on one solitary point on the mountian

Last edited by snappa; 21 May 2004 at 14:04.
Old 22 May 2004, 02:30 (Ref:978291)   #318
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Amaroo Park should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by GTRMagic
Actually colinbond, there are a lot of people here who are totally passionate about the sport, who want to see it do well, to take pride in its successes and share its failures.

A lot of it has to do with people's views about things in the sport not happening how they would like them, and there may be a form of 'non-positivity' about particular issues primarily because they can see ahead, see the ramifications of particular courses of action, and intimate that there is a rocky road ahead.

That someone is sarcastic, bordering on negative does not imply that they dont care, in fact its usually the opposite that is true...
Yes but GTRMagic, the point I am making is the attacking of the posters has got to epademic levels and it is turning people off posting in this particular forum.

It seems to be forgoten that we all have opinions and we all won't agree with each other most of the time, but dont attack the poster... This is mean't to be light hearted, fun and interesting and these days it is none of them

Last edited by Amaroo Park; 22 May 2004 at 02:31.
Old 22 May 2004, 10:23 (Ref:978595)   #319
louonline
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by colinbond
Yes but GTRMagic, the point I am making is the attacking of the posters has got to epademic levels and it is turning people off posting in this particular forum.

It seems to be forgoten that we all have opinions and we all won't agree with each other most of the time, but dont attack the poster... This is mean't to be light hearted, fun and interesting and these days it is none of them
Come on Colinbond, give it away, get off your soap box and get back to motor sport.
No one is attacking any one. It seams to me you’re the one that’s looking to create dissent by dragging up something that happened days ago.
I could go back through this thread a pick plenty of “attacking” instances as you call them.
But what’s the point?
Every one concerned (myself included) has put it behind them and moved on.
However, if you feel that I “attacked” you personally in some way, I apologise.

Now, what’s your favourite form on motor sport?
What’s your favourite track?
What do you think of the B24?
Old 22 May 2004, 15:11 (Ref:978889)   #320
twig
Veteran

twig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lets just make sure we dont get overly critical of people posting here colinbond, otherwise nobody will say anything, i thank you for your moderating work here, but don't make me remind you about Winton Lowndes and Murphy.
Old 22 May 2004, 16:05 (Ref:978931)   #321
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by racer69

Thats the AVESCO mentallity. They have no hold of the race, but they seem to think so. Moving the race away from Bathurst would mean, a different race. If they did that, I could push a shopping trolley for 161 laps around Bathurst and I could lay claim to holding the 1000
Old 22 May 2004, 23:58 (Ref:979191)   #322
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Um actually, all I see is a load of vim and vigour, much of it directed at individual posters.

It will not continue.

This thread goes back to the dustbin from which I retrieved it, and retrieve it I did against my better judgeemnt, but at the request of a number of posters.

Start a new thread if you want to, if there is new news that doesnt say one poster is wrong without substantiation.

Otherwise, this one goes the way of the dodo for the 2nd time!
Closed Thread