Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 27 May 2005, 00:44 (Ref:1311199)   #26
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
We should be bringing a load of inflatable chairs, plus a paddling pool, space permitting
Old 27 May 2005, 07:11 (Ref:1311320)   #27
egor
Veteran

Wales
N.Wales
egor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thats one hell of an impressive flag Paddy
Old 27 May 2005, 07:26 (Ref:1311335)   #28
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
which camping site are you on paddy...i think i might wander over and take a few pictures of this "construction"!
Old 27 May 2005, 09:25 (Ref:1311410)   #29
Paddy_NL
Racer

Netherlands
Rotterdam, NL
Paddy_NL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We'll be at Maison Blanche. You can recognise us by this modest vehicle>>

Old 27 May 2005, 12:02 (Ref:1311519)   #30
Okkie
Rookie

Netherlands
Delft, 700 km from Le Mans
Okkie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A wishing well.

a few years ago, a big car stopped at the camping.
a guy stepped out and the first thing he did was dig a hole in the ground.
Then he puts blue plastic in it and poured the hole full of water and added a sign:

Throw a frank and make a wish.

Okkie
Old 28 May 2005, 10:43 (Ref:1312336)   #31
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM
I can't avoid to sleep thirty minutes or one hour on sunday morning. So I can follow the end of the race with my eyes opened.
I think it's strange that some people sleep during nearly the whole night of the race ! ;-)
Not strange, Pascal, positively stupid!

You wait all year for what is (for many of us) the ultimate motorsport experiemnce, the greatest part of which (without any doubt in my mind) the racing in the dark, and then sleep through it?

Seriously, you nemust be in need of some intense psychiatric treatment when you get home if you sleep through the night at Le Mans, IMO.....
Old 28 May 2005, 12:28 (Ref:1312458)   #32
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
Seriously, you nemust be in need of some intense psychiatric treatment when you get home if you sleep through the night at Le Mans, IMO.....
I've to start mine, but didn't find the appropriate shrink
Old 28 May 2005, 13:34 (Ref:1312547)   #33
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes, but admit it Fab, if you could stay awake at the circuit through the night, you would, surely?
Old 28 May 2005, 15:20 (Ref:1312655)   #34
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Yes, but admit it Fab, if you could stay awake at the circuit through the night, you would, surely?
I'm lazy, I admit it... ah well, I tried in 2000, but was so exhausted in the afternoon that I almost had a wreckage with the car

Most of all, I like my comfort, a shower, new clothes, no noise any more for some hours, and some time to share impressions and mood with friends... I'll try to make it shorter this year...

And yes, if I was able to hold from 8am on saturday to 6pm on sunday, I'd do it.

A place I think we won't go this year is Arnage. Too many people, to few spots to go. We'll do Mulsanne's curve instead.
Old 28 May 2005, 18:09 (Ref:1312751)   #35
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Curve?

Do you really mean the Curve?

i.e. Kink?

or Corner?
Old 28 May 2005, 18:50 (Ref:1312778)   #36
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Curve?

Do you really mean the Curve?

i.e. Kink?

or Corner?
... corner. I'd prefer the curve, but unfortunately...
Old 28 May 2005, 20:58 (Ref:1312838)   #37
theracegypsy
Veteran

theracegypsy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab
... corner. I'd prefer the curve, but unfortunately...

...the Gypsy's already booked it.

Pop down to Poste 61 and say hello.
Old 28 May 2005, 21:36 (Ref:1312866)   #38
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Is that an offer?
Old 29 May 2005, 08:03 (Ref:1313089)   #39
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally Posted by theracegypsy
...the Gypsy's already booked it.

Pop down to Poste 61 and say hello.
Poste 61 ? I'll be there ! What's your first name ? Will you be there for PQs too ?
Old 30 May 2005, 12:04 (Ref:1314596)   #40
Spiteful
Racer

Belgium
Spiteful should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not going, but I'd consider bringing a few dozens of eggs and some protest banners against the ACO's selection process. Well maybe not, I wouldn't want to be thrown out on my first LM
Old 30 May 2005, 12:30 (Ref:1314615)   #41
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiteful
I'm not going, but I'd consider bringing a few dozens of eggs and some protest banners against the ACO's selection process. Well maybe not, I wouldn't want to be thrown out on my first LM
why not a "protest" banner/flag ?!?

Bring on a "Zytek rules" one ! A big one we'll hang over the... say... WR pits ? No, there's no GS above... er... in the ACO GS !
Old 30 May 2005, 14:30 (Ref:1314718)   #42
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Pah. Lets not get worried over trivialities.

I still can't believe Debora didn't get an entry..........
Old 30 May 2005, 20:55 (Ref:1315094)   #43
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
We should wait the end of the race to have a definitive and impartial judgement on the selection.
This year, I will bring a very special thing. Not strange but very special.
Old 30 May 2005, 21:33 (Ref:1315136)   #44
theracegypsy
Veteran

theracegypsy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab
Poste 61 ? I'll be there ! What's your first name ? Will you be there for PQs too ?
EWill be good to meet you Fab,

Not doing PQ, at Rockingham that weekend. Arriving at Poste camp site Weds mid morning, normally rushing around Wds pm, and on duty for night practice.

Arround Camp/village Thursday , and Friday morning, Friday pm in LM for parade

Looking for a good party for Friday evening

you don't need a name, just ask any Brit, Dutch, Canadian or American marshal for the Gypsy, they'll find me.
Old 31 May 2005, 04:17 (Ref:1315313)   #45
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally Posted by theracegypsy
EWill be good to meet you Fab,

Not doing PQ, at Rockingham that weekend. Arriving at Poste camp site Weds mid morning, normally rushing around Wds pm, and on duty for night practice.

Arround Camp/village Thursday , and Friday morning, Friday pm in LM for parade

Looking for a good party for Friday evening

you don't need a name, just ask any Brit, Dutch, Canadian or American marshal for the Gypsy, they'll find me.
Fine ! I'll pay a visit on saturday night (fever) ! The problem is : how to get to poste 61 and cross the fences... Well, I'll scream

Old 1 Jun 2005, 13:46 (Ref:1316895)   #46
Cerbera Speed12
Rookie

United Kingdom
UK
Cerbera Speed12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

My laptop, my tent or my job - your decide!

Arrived last year, great journey down, set up tent in Houx Annex, mobile goes off,
important client has decided he wants to take himself and his band to do
a TV show in the USA.

Project grows larger by the minute and with no power back up, it's off to a
local hotel for the night, which became two, then three, then four...

'Star' departed at 2pm Saturday, so I made it back for the start!

I never set foot inside my tent, not once, but despite a large hotel bill (paid by client)
I was at least able to stay and see the race rather than do an
instant return from Le Mans to the UK upon arrival.

Why oh why do I have to take work with me.
Old 1 Jun 2005, 13:52 (Ref:1316901)   #47
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerbera Speed12
My laptop, my tent or my job - your decide!

Arrived last year, great journey down, set up tent in Houx Annex, mobile goes off,
important client has decided he wants to take himself and his band to do
a TV show in the USA.

Project grows larger by the minute and with no power back up, it's off to a
local hotel for the night, which became two, then three, then four...

'Star' departed at 2pm Saturday, so I made it back for the start!

I never set foot inside my tent, not once, but despite a large hotel bill (paid by client)
I was at least able to stay and see the race rather than do an
instant return from Le Mans to the UK upon arrival.

Why oh why do I have to take work with me.
Oh dear !

Most of my professionnal surroundings (Building industry) are involved in LM (they build the track, the GS, the pits, everything !)... they even invited me to qualifications' eves (but I've got other obligations)...

And they all know that I'm not free for the race week-end (friday/saturday/sunday). Phew !
Old 1 Jun 2005, 15:18 (Ref:1316982)   #48
Cerbera Speed12
Rookie

United Kingdom
UK
Cerbera Speed12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Hi Fab

Makes me wonder why we do it it sometimes!

Hope you manage to catch some racing action.