Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 15 Dec 2009, 12:19 (Ref:2600086)   #51
flatbroke
Racer

flatbroke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Claire Redgrave is Richards daughter.

Alan Muggleston still engineers race cars did have is own team for a bit think he was doing some sportscars and A1gp
Old 15 Dec 2009, 13:00 (Ref:2600107)   #52
driftwood
Veteran

driftwood has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Redgraves where horsey show jumping people before they went motor racing
Old 15 Dec 2009, 13:06 (Ref:2600114)   #53
seanhale
Rookie

seanhale should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatbroke View Post
Alan Muggleston still engineers race cars did have is own team for a bit think he was doing some sportscars and A1gp
Alan was a great guy, taught me stacks about building and setting up race cars, he was always prepared to explain things, show you things and generally help whenever it was needed. If you were prepared to put the effort in, he was prepared to help.
Old 15 Dec 2009, 13:53 (Ref:2600147)   #54
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanhale View Post
Catherine Cox was with us (fortec) for a season, my mate engineered for her. She was quite a good driver and had some decent results. I alwayes wondered what happened to her.
Does anyone remember Graham Glew or Alan Mugglestone?

Sean
I remember meeting Catherine, nice kid, drove very well too.(at Brands at least, the only place I saw her race). Vague memory that she had a big accident (Formula Renault?) that gave her a severe case of reality bite.
Old 16 Dec 2009, 08:38 (Ref:2600596)   #55
seanhale
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodysnatcher View Post
I remember meeting Catherine, nice kid, drove very well too.(at Brands at least, the only place I saw her race). Vague memory that she had a big accident (Formula Renault?) that gave her a severe case of reality bite.
Could have been in the Renaults, she had a couple of minor off's in the firsts with us but nothing serious. Catherine always seemed a bit less reckless than the lads!! I lost touch with her when I went to tintops.
Old 16 Dec 2009, 11:06 (Ref:2600654)   #56
james s
Rookie

United Kingdom
Alton,Hants
james s should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can account for chassis no 125 which i managed to write off in a back breaking shunt at Lyden Hill in 1990,which earned me the "bent wishbone of the year award".
The last i heard of Mark Redgrave he was involved in the Caparro road/race project.
Old 16 Dec 2009, 17:45 (Ref:2600878)   #57
Alfie72
Rookie

United Kingdom
Buckingham
Alfie72 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alan Mugglestone IS a great guy.

He has been engineering the Quifel ASM Ginetta Zytek in LMP2 this year to particularly good effect - they won the LMP2 championship by a country mile.
Old 16 Dec 2009, 18:11 (Ref:2600894)   #58
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I recall a well funded Frenchman living in London called Rafael Real Del Sarte, he was quick in season 1. Think he ended up in F3 with Techspeed. Bruce Joaunney 20 years later reminded me a lot of him, similar characters.
Old 16 Dec 2009, 18:25 (Ref:2600900)   #59
seanhale
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfie72 View Post
Alan Mugglestone IS a great guy.

He has been engineering the Quifel ASM Ginetta Zytek in LMP2 this year to particularly good effect - they won the LMP2 championship by a country mile.
Alfie do you know Alan? If so please remind me to him as he was a huge influence to me in my carear.
Old 17 Dec 2009, 15:31 (Ref:2601356)   #60
Triple J Motorsport
Veteran

England
Burgess Hill W Sussex
Triple J Motorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
few girls racing them

think Heather Bailey raced them too

3rd 2009 & 2012 FFZetec festival final
Old 17 Dec 2009, 17:04 (Ref:2601398)   #61
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple J Motorsport View Post
few girls racing them

think Heather Bailey raced them too
Heather Baillie(now Mc Alpine)did seasons 1987-88 in F.First.I saw her first race at Brands.She did F.Forward in '89.Whilst working for the racing school at Brands she was run over in the pit lane by a a FFirst breaking both legs.
Old 17 Dec 2009, 17:48 (Ref:2601438)   #62
driftwood
Veteran

I think around 8 girls raced FFirst over 5 year period
some good some ok some not so good
Old 17 Dec 2009, 21:40 (Ref:2601580)   #63
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was one of her pupils at the school who ran her over it knocked her career as she didn't drive for a few months. Latterly in her career she competed in Trucks and production saloons; I had a bet with Brands PR manager at the time Rod Barrett (Anne Neals ex husband) that she would beat him at a race at Brands, sadly Rod had a huge crash rolling on the exit of Druids receiving injuries it took him a long time to recover from.
Old 17 Dec 2009, 23:47 (Ref:2601664)   #64
driftwood
Veteran

Heather got a deal to drive in Japanese F3 for 1990 or 91?
Old 18 Dec 2009, 09:00 (Ref:2601785)   #65
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by driftwood View Post
Heather got a deal to drive in Japanese F3 for 1990 or 91?
'92 I think.Was not very sucessful.She did Fiestas in 1990 winning one race at Oulton.I have this on video.1991 in production saloons.Later in a Replica Cobra.
Old 22 Dec 2009, 19:16 (Ref:2603824)   #66
Mak
Veteran

Mak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundersports View Post
It was one of her pupils at the school who ran her over it knocked her career as she didn't drive for a few months. Latterly in her career she competed in Trucks and production saloons; I had a bet with Brands PR manager at the time Rod Barrett (Anne Neals ex husband) that she would beat him at a race at Brands, sadly Rod had a huge crash rolling on the exit of Druids receiving injuries it took him a long time to recover from.
Bit of trivia, Rod Barrett now heads up Ford Performance Racing in OZ.
Old 22 Dec 2011, 02:28 (Ref:3002998)   #67
stevecoates
Rookie

stevecoates should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Formula First History

I competed in Formula EuroFirst 1999 to 2000 as part of the EuroCar series Organised by BRSCC. I finished 4 in 99 and won the championship in 2000. There were very few big money teams. Aztek ran 2 cars and so did Mark Burdett Motorsport, both outfits had good fast well turned out cars. but could be beaten by a guy with a open trailer and no money!!
The cars were very basic, strong and reliable, great close racing with good drivers. wish the championship had not died with the EuroCar package. It was my first time racing single seaters (came from Karts) easy to setup just basic comon sence, Spent 5K in 2000 for the full year that was eveything fuel, transport, new tires (2 sets), hotels etc. Sold my car to Alan Cornock at FCS I think the car went to a track day guy. If you ever see a immaculate green with gold side pods on alloy wheels around, please say a big hello from me......
Old 22 Dec 2011, 14:03 (Ref:3003209)   #68
ascarmarshal
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Yorkshire
ascarmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridascarmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevecoates View Post
I competed in Formula EuroFirst 1999 to 2000 as part of the EuroCar series Organised by BRSCC. I finished 4 in 99 and won the championship in 2000. There were very few big money teams. Aztek ran 2 cars and so did Mark Burdett Motorsport, both outfits had good fast well turned out cars. but could be beaten by a guy with a open trailer and no money!!
The cars were very basic, strong and reliable, great close racing with good drivers. wish the championship had not died with the EuroCar package. It was my first time racing single seaters (came from Karts) easy to setup just basic comon sence, Spent 5K in 2000 for the full year that was eveything fuel, transport, new tires (2 sets), hotels etc. Sold my car to Alan Cornock at FCS I think the car went to a track day guy. If you ever see a immaculate green with gold side pods on alloy wheels around, please say a big hello from me......
I remember those days. I was with the GDR Team (#30) as one of the pit team. I also remeber Alan and Rob Coates in their Rallycross days (I think was Alan that had a Rover Metro in Formula C and Rob in the Nova Challenge) and I used use the garage to fill up my moped whilst based at Catterick. It was a shame that the championship died as it was a good proving ground for young (and not so young) drivers as well as a good club single seater championship.
Old 3 Feb 2012, 16:26 (Ref:3021097)   #69
Indy687
Rookie

Indy687 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
87 Van Diemen Formula 1st - wheel offsets?

I converting my have a my 87 Van Diemen formula 1st for Sprinting with a bike engine - does anyone know the wheel offsets that the formula 1st uses ( Front and rear ). Plus what wheel rim widths can I go up to?

Cheers, Paul
Old 22 Feb 2012, 14:21 (Ref:3029451)   #70
Triple J Motorsport
Veteran

England
Burgess Hill W Sussex
Triple J Motorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy687 View Post
I converting my have a my 87 Van Diemen formula 1st for Sprinting with a bike engine - does anyone know the wheel offsets that the formula 1st uses ( Front and rear ). Plus what wheel rim widths can I go up to?

Cheers, Paul
Standard Van Diemen Weller Formula Ford rims

Later switched to the OZ FFZetec Front Wheels 6" wide

I have a set of FFZetec rims that would fit 6" front 7" rears

3rd 2009 & 2012 FFZetec festival final
Old 26 Feb 2012, 19:18 (Ref:3031564)   #71
acadvent
Rookie

Scotland
Thetford, Norfolk
acadvent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi!

I have seen a long thread of correspondence on the old Formula First cars.

Many of the cars have gone to Scandinavia where some ended up in a race school in Denmark but more are racing in a Junior series out there called Formula Ford basic.

I have a recollection of seeing some cars once at Mithral Racing at Goodwood but for specific information on chassis details and so forth it is worth contacting Lindsay Allen at Fluid Motorsport/Southern International at Larling near Snetterton as I am sure he has all the records for the cars.

Best of luck with the car; something tells me the front of the chasiss was similar to the Vauxhall Junior but the rear was something else in order to take the transverse XR2 engine and gearbox.

We had the ex Lars Christian Brask car for a while but that went to Scandinavia via Alan Cornock at FCS.

Andrew C
Old 21 Mar 2012, 22:51 (Ref:3046259)   #72
Red Mist
Rookie

Red Mist should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
give it a break!

As one of the inaugural FFirsters, I have to defend the honour of the old girl against some of the comments regarding the Formula.

I bought chassis 45 at the 1987 racing car show, all in price £5995 incl vat. I had a sponsor who could get that back, so it was a mere 5 grand for a new car, ready to go. A 10% deposit was dumped on the barclaycard, my 6 year old FF1600 sold for £2.5k and a couple of grand cash and away I went.

Yes the racing was sometimes insane, but we had heats and finals every time and a 16 race calender in 87 plus 5 race winter series, before a 24 race main series in 1988.

I can remember doing one race at Oulton in 87 with 50 cars attempting to race, 36 making a final as the only 36 still running, and getting up to about 12 from 32nd and only actually overtook half a dozen cars!

I won a Q race at Brands from Callum Lockie in 87, then a Northern Championship race in early 88, with many places along the way.

Ben Edwards was the first champ, Eugene o'Brien hard on his heals. Add Kelvin Burt (Vauxhall Lotus), Martin Short (GT champ), Graham Fennymore (Caterham Roadsports champ), Stephen Young (Palmer Audi winner), David Walton (Caterham Vauxhall champ & author of UK Circuit Guide), Tim Stafford (F Renault winner) and many many others still racing now and it is hard to say the category was anything other than a success.

The fact was that most of these drivers would never have got a start without First. That it was tough racing toughened the competitors up. Racing is hard, so why pretend otherwise.

Imagine a ten grand car now, national championship, prize money, a little bit of TV and lots and lots of sensational racing. It may produce a whole heap more quality drivers not from moneyed backgrounds
Old 28 Mar 2012, 12:56 (Ref:3050013)   #73
JNWRF01
Veteran

England
Bedfordshire
JNWRF01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
...unfortunately nobody would do it as it doens;t have wings, big slicks, look like a F1 car, have lots of data logging stuff, dampers that you can have 2000 permatations but only use three, and of course, and most importantly, a sequentional gearbox that doesnt teach you to shift gear correctly...
Old 5 Mar 2013, 15:01 (Ref:3214575)   #74
alexbremer
Rookie

United Kingdom
London
alexbremer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just posted this video from my days in FF... enjoy! http://youtu.be/-hXT01n81-U
Old 6 Mar 2013, 11:12 (Ref:3215005)   #75
alexbremer
Rookie

United Kingdom
London
alexbremer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Formula First video

Here's the official Formula First video from the first ever race at Brands Hatch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVqELAPsz34