Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 20 Aug 2013, 08:20 (Ref:3291961)   #1
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
2014 Le Mans Entry Rumours

Team Taisan are planning a brace of entrys for next years race .

As they normally race Porsche's , I suspect this is what they will have ..... and I presume Porsche will have this years chassis available for customer teams . But the article doesn't nail that down for sure , and Chiba says he has good connections to both Ferrari and Viper too .

As a Japanese team , Im sure they will get at least 1 entry .

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...nce-20036.html
Old 20 Aug 2013, 08:27 (Ref:3291964)   #2
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
With the expected increase in the LMP1 class I think it will be much harder to get entries in the GT classes this year
Old 20 Aug 2013, 14:04 (Ref:3292030)   #3
avvelenamento
Racer

avvelenamento User had had their licence endorsedavvelenamento User had had their licence endorsed
Considering 8 work cars (3 audi + 3 porsche + 2 toyota) I don't think there will be so many other lmp1. Likely one or two r-one rebellion, one strakka hpd, maybe no more than two adess-lotus and very unlikely the dome, oak and MM hpd presence. Judging by kobayashi in the line-up, I think that the car used by taisan is an af corse owned chassis (anyway also 8star motorsport use af corse cars and assistance) and very likely will be used that for le mans. Don't think SRT will sell GTE cars to customers, there will be already the viper gt3.
Old 20 Aug 2013, 14:31 (Ref:3292037)   #4
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Im sure there will be SRT customer cars .

Who are the automatic entries as of now ?
Old 20 Aug 2013, 14:38 (Ref:3292039)   #5
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Who are the automatic entries as of now ?
P1: Audi and possibly Muscle Milk
P2: OAK, possibly Level 5 and/or ESM
Pro: Porsche AG (Manthey)
Am: IMSA

Of course we can expect several other teams like Toyota, Porsche AG, Corvette, AF Corse, etc...
Old 20 Aug 2013, 15:25 (Ref:3292046)   #6
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamus View Post
P1: Audi and possibly Muscle Milk
P2: OAK, possibly Level 5 and/or ESM
Pro: Porsche AG (Manthey)
Am: IMSA

Of course we can expect several other teams like Toyota, Porsche AG, Corvette, AF Corse, etc...
And the Nissan milk float in G56.
Old 20 Aug 2013, 17:01 (Ref:3292086)   #7
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Been trying to work out whether USCR will lead to more Le Mans entries from the States or less.

I'm leaning towards less at first. But with more potential for entries in the long run.
Old 20 Aug 2013, 17:59 (Ref:3292110)   #8
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Less in 2014, more in 2015-16.
I think most new LMP2 teams will wait a year before taking on the big one.
Old 20 Aug 2013, 20:36 (Ref:3292140)   #9
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Might get some growth in US GT entries. Not sure.

Don't know if Flying Lizard are looking to step back up again for 2014. Would be beautiful to see them and Risi back. I don't think BMW will happen which is a shame as they would really add to the spectacle.
Old 20 Aug 2013, 20:45 (Ref:3292145)   #10
avvelenamento
Racer

avvelenamento User had had their licence endorsedavvelenamento User had had their licence endorsed
I don't expect to see a lot of 991 RSR around the world in 2014, but at least one for a backed team in europe, yellow-green manthey or felbermay-proton in WEC and one or two in US in the hands of flying lizards. More than see risi back at le mans, I would like to see risi without beretta and malucelli. I would like to see the italian team villois with a vantage GTE in WEC gt-am.
Old 24 Aug 2013, 20:51 (Ref:3293559)   #11
The Badger
Veteran

No , I cant see loads available for customers , until the new engine is go . But I can see them represented by a Privateer in ALMS , ELMS , AsLms .
Old 25 Aug 2013, 11:48 (Ref:3293709)   #12
SpikerJack
Racer

Italy
SpikerJack should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I heard that ferrari was very upset with the GTE BOP this year so they threatened to abandon the official LM program. Maybe AF corse will remain but they could not receive an official support from Ferrari. Again, this are rumours. In my opinion they will return and this is just a strategy to get some BOP help.
Old 25 Aug 2013, 18:40 (Ref:3293822)   #13
avvelenamento
Racer

More than BOP help, ferrari wants back a 90L fuel tank and a less friendly bop for aston and porsche. AMR received 20kg extra before le mans, even if remains lighter than 1245kg, is simply shamefull the difference of restrictors size between the ferrari v8 and the AMR v8.
Old 25 Aug 2013, 22:00 (Ref:3293887)   #14
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by avvelenamento View Post
More than BOP help, ferrari wants back a 90L fuel tank and a less friendly bop for aston and porsche. AMR received 20kg extra before le mans, even if remains lighter than 1245kg, is simply shamefull the difference of restrictors size between the ferrari v8 and the AMR v8.
Ferrari needs to just deal with it. What a bunch of whiners... threatening to quit Le Mans....

Old 25 Aug 2013, 22:51 (Ref:3293904)   #15
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
A nice old school threat from Ferrari - if they did indeed say that. It's interesting as some people would tell you they aren't officially in Le Mans. I think we all know different.

I don't usually get involved in the BoP wars on here (and someone might tell me I'm wrong) but over the last few years I'd say they do have a right to feel hard done by.
Old 26 Aug 2013, 07:07 (Ref:3294028)   #16
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
easy solution to this, scrap BoP and let the designers/engineers do what they are best at
Old 27 Aug 2013, 00:04 (Ref:3294466)   #17
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
easy solution to this, scrap BoP and let the designers/engineers do what they are best at
Meh...

Probably a privateer backmarker...
Old 27 Aug 2013, 09:52 (Ref:3294624)   #18
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
You can scrap the class as a GT class then.
Old 27 Aug 2013, 10:13 (Ref:3294638)   #19
avvelenamento
Racer

yeah basicly the unlimited class of pikes peak. Anyway I think that ferrari did a great job developing the DI of the street 458 italia, is unfair to give less fuel tank just because they have been great to make their work.
Old 27 Aug 2013, 10:55 (Ref:3294655)   #20
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Mr Pink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He didn't say to scrap the rulebook..
Old 27 Aug 2013, 11:41 (Ref:3294678)   #21
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
Meh...

Probably a privateer backmarker...
Don't you even dare .

I remember years ago , arriving at the track , not knowing the last driver line up's , cuz there was no internet and mobile phone's . Straight to the Autosport shop for the latest copy of the mag ..... and the latest on the race .

I vividly remember seeing some artists impression of the future of Le Mans 24 hour race ..... It was something like the above , and the Delta wing ..... but they had no wheels , they were about 2 foot off the ground . I distinctly remember saying to my brother ..... "the day they start looking like this , I'll stop coming" .

Getting there , arnt we !!!
Old 27 Aug 2013, 13:13 (Ref:3294723)   #22
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Quote:
Don't you even dare .

I remember years ago , arriving at the track , not knowing the last driver line up's , cuz there was no internet and mobile phone's . Straight to the Autosport shop for the latest copy of the mag ..... and the latest on the race .

I vividly remember seeing some artists impression of the future of Le Mans 24 hour race ..... It was something like the above , and the Delta wing ..... but they had no wheels , they were about 2 foot off the ground . I distinctly remember saying to my brother ..... "the day they start looking like this , I'll stop coming" .

Yes... yes we are....
Old 27 Aug 2013, 13:51 (Ref:3294751)   #23
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pink View Post
He didn't say to scrap the rulebook..
BoP is pretty integral part of that rulebook, isn't it?
Old 27 Aug 2013, 17:09 (Ref:3294814)   #24
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Oh please, not yet another thread on BoP..........
Old 27 Aug 2013, 17:11 (Ref:3294815)   #25
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Don't you even dare .

OK, I'll play. An impromptu predictions competition - in what year will this picture be taken on a revised Mulsanne Straight.......?

And is the car in front a Toyota?