Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 3 Aug 2014, 22:08 (Ref:3441277)   #76
PandaKing
Rookie

PandaKing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I genuinely don't see a great deal of difference between the Turkington/Neal incident and Jordan/Gio from Croft. Jordan successfully appealed, I have faith WSR will put together a compelling case.
Old 3 Aug 2014, 23:56 (Ref:3441293)   #77
MarkG
Veteran

MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillWiskins View Post
Were you perhaps tuned to a different channel by mistake? I saw a great race.

+1
Old 3 Aug 2014, 23:59 (Ref:3441294)   #78
MarkG
Veteran

MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
Turks given a 8 place grid penalty for next race !!! so if he gets pole at Knockhill he will start 8th

and despite being clearly fastest car today and winning 2 races Plato still moans about NGTC parity regs !!!

of course he hypocritically forgets that Turks was the only RWD car in the top 6 all day

You could see neal was trying to bu**** up Turkington's race. Looks like he's succeeded.

And Plato.. talking b.ll...s as usual because Turkington is better than him, nothing to do with RWD stuff.
Old 4 Aug 2014, 00:01 (Ref:3441296)   #79
MarkG
Veteran

Quote:
it was a procession mostly

Gio couldn't pass Smith, Jackson couldn't pass Smith and he barely did pass his team mate

Shedden couldn't pass Plato all race long , Plato couldn't pass Turks and Gio would have hanged on to podium if it wasn't for his own mistake cos Turks couldn't pass him either

passes were done only when a serious mistake or tangle

in the old days the tap to pass or force the issues side by side would have been used but now seems a bit too sterile

load of b.ll...s
Old 4 Aug 2014, 00:04 (Ref:3441297)   #80
MarkG
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaKing View Post
I genuinely don't see a great deal of difference between the Turkington/Neal incident and Jordan/Gio from Croft. Jordan successfully appealed, I have faith WSR will put together a compelling case.

Neal crafted that hit into the hairpin.... no way would Turks deliberately punt someone off... like rock-ape neal did to the Merc car earlier in the race
Old 4 Aug 2014, 00:05 (Ref:3441298)   #81
CarsCarsCars
Racer

United Kingdom
UK
CarsCarsCars should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaKing View Post
I think Turkington will use the Andy Jordan defence, Matt Neal was trying to back the field up for Flash, if Neal brakes early to slow up the field into the hairpin he should expect a tap.

On a different note anyone here Tim Harvey refer to the MGs performance as a "Swan song"? Fuel for the fire?
Yep. And he did the same last year with the Honda!
Old 4 Aug 2014, 09:13 (Ref:3441354)   #82
MarkG
Veteran

Quote:
it was a procession mostly

Gio couldn't pass Smith, Jackson couldn't pass Smith and he barely did pass his team mate

Shedden couldn't pass Plato all race long , Plato couldn't pass Turks and Gio would have hanged on to podium if it wasn't for his own mistake cos Turks couldn't pass him either

passes were done only when a serious mistake or tangle

in the old days the tap to pass or force the issues side by side would have been used but now seems a bit too sterile

I disagree, I thought it was a tense and exciting race. If you get equal performing cars, then it is bound to be difficult to get past well driven cars, and cutting across corners and barging cars out of the way isn't proper circuit racing, is it? That's more like rallycross. I for one, don't want to see easy passes just because a driver has a big car advantage. Unaware spectators may think it was a "great move" when in fact it was fairly straight-forward to the driver of a car with an advantage.
Old 4 Aug 2014, 11:32 (Ref:3441373)   #83
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Really, really enjoyed the 3rd race, so tense! Could have gone any which way, great stuff. Proof close racing as opposed to crashing or rain also provides great racing.
Old 4 Aug 2014, 15:22 (Ref:3441401)   #84
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
as a result of his DNF in Race 2 Menu again scored very well in Jack Sears , he leads i by 9 overtakes from Nick Foster

seems race 2 is always when Menu gets in trouble
Old 4 Aug 2014, 21:37 (Ref:3441467)   #85
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I watched race 3 yesterday on my phone, so I have however just watched it back via Sky+ and my opinion on the Turkington/Neal incident is still the same as it was yesterday it is a very harsh penalty.

Looking at again Neal put his car in the middle of the road to block Turks going into the hairpin leaving Colin no option but go either left or right because which ever way he went he was always going to make contact. There have been a lot worst incidents over the year's that have gone un-punched.
Old 9 Aug 2014, 17:20 (Ref:3442769)   #86
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, here are 10 things I learned from watching BTCC's 2014 Snetterton round:

1 - God hates Andrew Jordan

2 - Matt Neal has forgotten how to drive over Christmas. Winless season? I think so...

3 - No Team BMR driver can hardly complete 3 laps without a brain-lapse (strangely a BMR driver won in the only race that this rule wasn't in force on...)

4 - The stewards are now trying to create a close title fight. WSR win. Everybody else loses. Likewise, Turks > the rest of the grid.

5 - Somebody quickly needs to put gaffa tape across Jason Plato's mouth in order for him to retain dignity in the eyes of the neutral. Or the non-Matt Neal fans

6 - Gordon Shedden is slowly creating a personality for himself that will be Plato's perfect replacement when/if the latter retires

7 - Mike Jordan should be in charge of driver standards or
8 - Mike Jordan should be a post-race analyst

9 - Árón Smith>Alain Menu. Again. It's a bit like last season, where he was better than Mat Jackson. That Mat Jackson is hammering Fabrizio Giovanardi. Him and AJ are the future of touring cars.

10 - The 2014 Ginetta Junior season is EPIC
Old 9 Aug 2014, 17:45 (Ref:3442778)   #87
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On a serious note, Mike Jordan should become a pundit or driver standards advisor. His "It's a sad state of affairs these days, as some driver's chequebooks far, far outweigh their talent, and it seems like Andy Neate's just pulled off another one of his cracking moves" rant in Silverstone 2012 was only slightly better than his "We were side-by-side with Rob and they gave each other room and then one of the Volkswagen's made a brain-dead move up the inside"

Both completely true, and said how a real man says it. He would be the BTCC version of Alan Hansen.
Old 11 Aug 2014, 11:05 (Ref:3443454)   #88
emicen
Rookie

Scotland
Glasgow
emicen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did he say brain dead? I thought it was "dumbass"
Scottish MINI Cooper Cup racer [Car #3]
Old 11 Aug 2014, 16:03 (Ref:3443491)   #89
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yes it was dumbass. Thank you. He says it how it is, but he says it properly...