Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Track Day Forum

Old 22 Jul 2002, 15:40 (Ref:339738)   #1
JimNoble
Rookie

JimNoble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Breakdown cover

Which (if any) of the breakdown services would cover you for towing/trailering your car home (or fixing it!) if it broke down at a trackday?

Anyone know?

I've asked the AA and RAC via their websites, but the answers I got were a bit vague.

Jim
Old 22 Jul 2002, 15:45 (Ref:339742)   #2
JimNoble
Rookie

Ps. This bit of the AA website seems to suggest that they would provide breakdown cover, which contradicts the reply I got from them when I asked:

http://www.theaa.co.uk/breakdowncove.../brejoi010.asp

I wish they'd make up their minds!

Jim
Old 22 Jul 2002, 16:41 (Ref:339796)   #3
JimNoble
Rookie

Talking to myself again. Got a clarification from The AA - they initially though I was talking about a car that wasn't road legal. They do cover road legal cars on track days for breakdowns, but not for a RTA (question is - would it be an RTA if you bent your car on a track day, seeing as it's not on the *Road*)...

Jim
Old 22 Jul 2002, 17:16 (Ref:339819)   #4
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
If you were unfrtunate enough to have a 'RTA' maybe you could do what a friend of mine did a few years ago after rolling his car at Goodwood... he simply had the guys on the wrecker tow it out of the circuit gates and dump it along the road where he phoned the AA and told them he'd crashed his car on a bend near Chichester, and would they be kind enough to come and collect it and take him home please ?
Old 22 Jul 2002, 21:47 (Ref:340111)   #5
flagwaver
Veteran

England
Yorkshire
flagwaver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Be warned insurance companies are getting concerned about damage to cars/bikes caused at track days. So much so that they send peaple to these days just to note number plates chassis no etc. easy to do whilst your in your briefings.
This may have a knock on effect there is nothing stopping them using the fact that you have attended a track day to either invalidate your insurance or load your premium if you have not beeen honest with them.
Old 23 Jul 2002, 12:21 (Ref:340601)   #6
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE]Originally posted by flagwaver
[B]Be warned insurance companies are getting concerned about damage to cars/bikes caused at track days. So much so that they send peaple to these days just to note number plates chassis no etc. easy to do whilst your in your briefings.

If you visit a track day during the week, for a bit of fun take a camera and clip board and pretend to take notes, a bit childish i know but fun all the same.
Old 23 Jul 2002, 15:53 (Ref:340779)   #7
chrisgr31
Racer

chrisgr31 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There has been some discussion over on Scoobynet about Trackdays and Warranties.

It seems that representatives of IM group (the importer of Subarus) are attending some track days incognito. Exactly what they are doing is unclear, however it is rumoured they are noting the number plate and possibly chassis number of modified cars so they can invalidate the warranty (if applicable), which is arguably fair enough.

There is a thought they may also be noting the number plate and chassis number of standard cars just out on the track again with a view to invalidating the warranty, however it isn't clear if this is happening.

The solution appears to be to hide the number plates and any security etching on the windows etc so your car can't be identified.