Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 10 Apr 2005, 15:38 (Ref:1274750)   #1
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Yoong Montoya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rossi

Sorry mate, but ramming the bike ahead of you out of the way is NOT, I repeat NOT racing.

Vyvyan - The Young Ones
Old 10 Apr 2005, 16:13 (Ref:1274779)   #2
Alan
Racer

United Kingdom
Rotherham, South Yorkshire, UK
Alan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agreed, although its always a fine line as to what is acceptable. I'd rather have incidents like that than a sterile procession as in some other categories. I've got a feeling that theres more to come.
Old 10 Apr 2005, 16:14 (Ref:1274782)   #3
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Looked like a fair move to me, he gave Sete plenty of room, Sete simply refused to give the palce up and turned in on him. Racing incident whcih Sete was enver going to gain from.
Old 10 Apr 2005, 16:29 (Ref:1274795)   #4
Marlboro man
Rookie

Marlboro man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You can't really say if its right or wrong. But I think he just did it because he could'n stand to lose from Sete. He took al lot of risk in the first race of the season.
Old 10 Apr 2005, 16:59 (Ref:1274807)   #5
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fantastico racing!!

Hard but fair... He didn't 'ram' anyone mate, he squeezed. SQUEEZED. That IS racing

I found Gibernau's spitting at Rossi 'not racing' though!
Old 10 Apr 2005, 17:04 (Ref:1274816)   #6
Alan
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidStHubbins
Fantastico racing!!

Hard but fair... He didn't 'ram' anyone mate, he squeezed. SQUEEZED. That IS racing

I found Gibernau's spitting at Rossi 'not racing' though!

I missed that - when did that happen?
Old 10 Apr 2005, 17:16 (Ref:1274830)   #7
gfm
Veteran

gfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This is without doubt, the best racing on the planet for me. In Rossi rather like Schumacher, I think we're watching something sensational.
Very hard move though after a silly mistake at the end of the main straight. I'd be upset if I were Gibenau, but I'd stop all this childish (Spanish) petulance and quietly make up my mind that when the chance comes, Rossi will get the treatment back, with interest. It's just proving to Rossi that he has Gibenau beaten. Needs to get tougher in the head in my opinion does Gibenau. Boy is he quick though.
Old 10 Apr 2005, 17:17 (Ref:1274831)   #8
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
No, I never saw anything at all about Sete spitting at Vale at all, he was totally gutted and rightly so in my opinion. Vale showed a new level of desperation today which is slightly worrying in my opinion.
He had made the mistakes that had cost him the lead on the last lap, losing the front twice and the way he ahd his foot off the peg indicates to me that he didnt really know if he was gonna get round the corner or not. Put it this way, I cant imagine Sete doing the same, you can say that is why he is not a champion i suppose, but then Vale doesnt need to do desperate motocross moves he is better anyway, i just thought he didnt care if he made the bend or not, and as regards a poster above, he didnt give Sete room at all unless you call the grass on the edge of the track room, he ran to the very edge of the track, and you cant really pick at Sete for closing the door a bit, he had the line!
But it was exciting and better than the monumentally dull 250 race
Old 10 Apr 2005, 17:26 (Ref:1274843)   #9
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sete spat at Rossi in the paddock as they were talking to their crew at the end of the race.

The commentator here in Oz saw it too, wondering if it was spit or just recycled water from Sete's mouth...

He took a swig of water from his bottle and spat it at Rossi when Rossi didn't reply to his wailing.

Fact is the officials have looked at the incident and said it's a racing incident. It was harsh but legal. Sete has a fantastic bike - why doesn't he do more with it?? Rossi was fantastic.
Old 10 Apr 2005, 17:30 (Ref:1274848)   #10
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
I've got a feeling that theres more to come.

I think that's a bit worrying to be honest. If Rossi gets away without any penalty, what we saw at the last corner could become a regular part of GP racing - and that could lead to many injuries or even deaths.

Didn't Capirossi do the very same thing a few years ago in 250s? And he got away with it and won the championship that time I think.

Vyvyan - The Young Ones
Old 10 Apr 2005, 17:31 (Ref:1274850)   #11
Alex Hodgkinson
Veteran

England
Derby
Alex Hodgkinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was bloody good racing, no doubt about that, highly entertaining but I was dissapointed when it ended in the way it did at that final corner, I thought it was a bit of an anti-climax.

It was a desperate move by Valentino, not what I'd expect of him at all really.
Old 10 Apr 2005, 17:36 (Ref:1274859)   #12
Alan
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoong Montoya

Didn't Capirossi do the very same thing a few years ago in 250s? And he got away with it and won the championship that time I think.
Yes but that was blatant and premeditated, he knocked off Harada to win the championship I think he admitted it afterwards.
Old 10 Apr 2005, 17:42 (Ref:1274864)   #13
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There was a gap and Rossi went for it. It was a great move and Sete had plenty of time to concede the position, but he inisiting on fighting for it out of sheer pride. Stop complaining and be glad that there were 4 overtaking moves for the lead in the last 2 laps. Riders have made contact with others in races all the time,a nd it rarely results in injury, not in a situation like this.
Old 10 Apr 2005, 18:29 (Ref:1274893)   #14
gfm
Veteran

gfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Agreed - if Gibenau had thought this through or reacteda little more cleverly, he could have stood the bike up, moved right a tad to let Rossi up the inside as he was bound to overshoot, and then duck back inside and away. Rossi would have been well wide not able to recover methinks.

Last edited by gfm; 10 Apr 2005 at 18:31.
Old 10 Apr 2005, 18:52 (Ref:1274909)   #15
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
last race lap . http://rapidshare.de/files/1211695/J...stLap.avi.html

Last edited by Dani Filth; 10 Apr 2005 at 18:53.

Ciao Marco
Old 10 Apr 2005, 18:56 (Ref:1274914)   #16
spanner
Veteran

United Kingdom
Mid Beds, "The UK's rubbish dump"
spanner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm sorry i thought that move was completely wrong. Rossi went in so fast you could tell he wouldnt have made it if Gibernau wasnt there.

Schumacher and Villinerve spring to mind, what in 98? Why was Schumacher then instantly dismissed and ridiculed, when Rossi can get away with it and its classed as part of racing!!
Old 10 Apr 2005, 19:04 (Ref:1274926)   #17
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Sete had the fastest line for the flag,whereas Rossi had the fastest line for the kitty litter.Fortunately for him there was another rider there to prevent that little excursion.All's fair in love and war.
Old 10 Apr 2005, 19:17 (Ref:1274938)   #18
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanner
Why was Schumacher then instantly dismissed and ridiculed, when Rossi can get away with it and its classed as part of racing!!

Because Schumacher is German and Rossi is Italian.

Vyvyan - The Young Ones
Old 10 Apr 2005, 19:20 (Ref:1274942)   #19
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide
Stop complaining and be glad that there were 4 overtaking moves for the lead in the last 2 laps.

Well I've seen similar stuff before like Imola in 2002, and they didn't end up colliding with each other then.

I bet if you had reversed the positions and put Rossi on the bike being punted off, there would have been a big stink up everywhere about Sete's dirty tactics. Sete would have been hung, drawn and quartered for the same actions that Valentino got away with scott free!

Last edited by Yoong Montoya; 10 Apr 2005 at 19:20.

Vyvyan - The Young Ones
Old 10 Apr 2005, 19:29 (Ref:1274949)   #20
bleiben
Racer

Catalonia
bleiben should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder
No, I never saw anything at all about Sete spitting at Vale at all, he was totally gutted and rightly so in my opinion. Vale showed a new level of desperation today which is slightly worrying in my opinion.
He had made the mistakes that had cost him the lead on the last lap, losing the front twice and the way he ahd his foot off the peg indicates to me that he didnt really know if he was gonna get round the corner or not. Put it this way, I cant imagine Sete doing the same, you can say that is why he is not a champion i suppose, but then Vale doesnt need to do desperate motocross moves he is better anyway, i just thought he didnt care if he made the bend or not, and as regards a poster above, he didnt give Sete room at all unless you call the grass on the edge of the track room, he ran to the very edge of the track, and you cant really pick at Sete for closing the door a bit, he had the line!
But it was exciting and better than the monumentally dull 250 race
Right the way I see it. That was a kamikaze, dumb, ridiculously optimistic and dangerous move from Rossi.......
Old 10 Apr 2005, 20:52 (Ref:1275005)   #21
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It was on the limit racing and incidents like this will eventually happen.

Racing incident.
Old 10 Apr 2005, 21:22 (Ref:1275048)   #22
xr6turbo
Rookie

xr6turbo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The award for best actor goes too................Sete.I thought it was a racing incident but others may see it in the same light as schumacher because people like to bag those who succeed.
Old 10 Apr 2005, 21:33 (Ref:1275054)   #23
CallumC
Rookie

Scotland
Preston, Lancashire
CallumC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
sorry but's thatz racing, rossi had the inside line for the corner and was plenty alongside sete for him to know he was there and concede what was in all honesty rossi's corner but instead he tried to defend it knocking himself out of the race. yes it was a bit ambitous from rossi and a little scrappy but sete's an experienced rider and should have known that rossi had the corner even if he was on the ideal line.

Just my view on the final corner as I saw it.

Callum
Old 10 Apr 2005, 21:35 (Ref:1275055)   #24
gfm
Veteran

Is that a Spanish flag on your post me Bleiben?
Good for you - Gibenau will be back and give Rossi a hard time for sure.
Old 10 Apr 2005, 22:03 (Ref:1275088)   #25
Slippy Diff
Veteran

New Zealand
UnZud
Slippy Diff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its pretty clear who supports who eh? Gibernau left the door open, there was a gap, Rossi put his bike in the gap. Rossi did not ram Gibernau. If Gibernau put all his energy into concentrating on his racing, then he may beat Rossi. Throwing your toys out of the pram is not the way.