Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 6 Jul 2016, 17:04 (Ref:3657298)   #26
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Thinking about making a last-minute drip down for Sat + Sun, general admission tickets can be bought on the door as with the 24hr race, correct?
Old 6 Jul 2016, 17:44 (Ref:3657304)   #27
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
Thinking about making a last-minute drip down for Sat + Sun, general admission tickets can be bought on the door as with the 24hr race, correct?
Yes you can just buy them, but i think you have to go to the main area near the museum to get paddock passes and they are a must, if you fancy meeting up with a few tenthers we will be in the village at 1 on saturday somewhere near where we had the meet in June close to the toilet block (track side) (michelin stand was there but no way of knowing what will be there for the classic, will wear my rebellion shirt and straw hat as usual.

all packed now for the off in the morning
Old 6 Jul 2016, 18:35 (Ref:3657314)   #28
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
Don't forget, talk of non-sun is still banned........

Those lucky enough to be going - have a great time
Old 6 Jul 2016, 18:43 (Ref:3657316)   #29
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well the weather forecast seems to get better every day, since monday the non sun has all gone and temperatures have gone up to the top twenties so yes it looks like it will be the sort of weather we have been praying for for the main 24 hour race but we have been dissapointed for years
Old 7 Jul 2016, 19:09 (Ref:3657538)   #30
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Don't forget, talk of non-sun is still banned........
Love it
Old 8 Jul 2016, 09:17 (Ref:3657642)   #31
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Yes you can just buy them, but i think you have to go to the main area near the museum to get paddock passes and they are a must, if you fancy meeting up with a few tenthers we will be in the village at 1 on saturday somewhere near where we had the meet in June close to the toilet block (track side) (michelin stand was there but no way of knowing what will be there for the classic, will wear my rebellion shirt and straw hat as usual.
Thanks, very useful info!

I was already wondering whether the Paddock passes were good value for the money, seems like they are
Old 8 Jul 2016, 09:56 (Ref:3657644)   #32
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just seen that the VIP Navettes for the classic this yea rare red and white 2CVs. Lucky VIPs :-)

Sean
Old 9 Jul 2016, 08:44 (Ref:3657766)   #33
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I love the live streaming, just a bit sad that there is no English commentary .
Old 11 Jul 2016, 12:02 (Ref:3658290)   #34
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well i think the 2016 classic was an amazing event, the weather was perfect if a little hot and it is high time we had that sort of weather in June. Saw plenty of wonderful cars and the Group see race was wonderful to hear in the aco grandstand, boy those cars sounded good although several cars which were on the list failed to start. The whole event was very good and the people we meet made it extremely enjoyable. My little car was packed and the roof down for almost the entire 4 days, never missing a beat and returning almost 45 to the gallon even though i enjoyed myself while driving. BN campsite was not ideally positioned with a good 20 minutes walk to the main grandstands but only 10 minutes or so to arnarge village.
Amazing bonus on the way home was when i was waiting to board the tunnel and an old bentley joined a few cars behind me. spoke to them on the tunnel and found out that not only had it raced in plateau 1 but was the lead bentley, they left about the same time as us and had driven 300 miles at 80mph without fault, although a water leak we spotted during the journey will need fixing. The owner/driver was very happy to talk and it turned out he lived in Maidstone to so travelled up the m20 at 80mph together another wonderful experience. This event is one you should all try to do in 2 years time.
Old 3 Aug 2016, 12:58 (Ref:3663220)   #35
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Well i think the 2016 classic was an amazing event, the weather was perfect if a little hot and it is high time we had that sort of weather in June. Saw plenty of wonderful cars and the Group see race was wonderful to hear in the aco grandstand, boy those cars sounded good although several cars which were on the list failed to start. The whole event was very good and the people we meet made it extremely enjoyable. My little car was packed and the roof down for almost the entire 4 days, never missing a beat and returning almost 45 to the gallon even though i enjoyed myself while driving. BN campsite was not ideally positioned with a good 20 minutes walk to the main grandstands but only 10 minutes or so to arnarge village.
Amazing bonus on the way home was when i was waiting to board the tunnel and an old bentley joined a few cars behind me. spoke to them on the tunnel and found out that not only had it raced in plateau 1 but was the lead bentley, they left about the same time as us and had driven 300 miles at 80mph without fault, although a water leak we spotted during the journey will need fixing. The owner/driver was very happy to talk and it turned out he lived in Maidstone to so travelled up the m20 at 80mph together another wonderful experience. This event is one you should all try to do in 2 years time.
Sounds great - my boss enjoyed it too.
Old 3 Aug 2016, 18:09 (Ref:3663283)   #36
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrimage View Post
Sounds great - my boss enjoyed it too.
Well Gavin start planning for two years time, how are plans for 2017 going, must admit Blue nord would not be first choice for main event but as usual TR ordered already