Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 8 May 2009, 04:05 (Ref:2457691)   #51
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I did a couple of online races and really enjoyed it, but because i have stuck with TCL v1.0 now it just crashes everytime I try to race online. I'm having a great time racing offline, though.
Old 9 May 2009, 03:10 (Ref:2458370)   #52
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
I have the latest version David and I still get the dreaded Crash to Desktop every now and then...allthough it has improved alot but it does still happen
Old 10 May 2009, 01:22 (Ref:2458865)   #53
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
redownloaded it as V1.1, same as V1.0 but with no online CTD problem, went into a game last night and it just crashed, first time it happened, still absolutely loving this mod though, only mod that is going to drag me away is the Endurance Series mod when it comes out, which i hope comes out in the next month or so in time for Le Mans 24 hours
Old 10 May 2009, 08:58 (Ref:2458970)   #54
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Deleted, incessant troubles, updates dont download properly!!

this mod has 666 written all over it for my machine Im afraid!!

Plus online the level of alien speed is simply insane!! Get a life!!
Old 13 May 2009, 06:41 (Ref:2461419)   #55
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Plus online the level of alien speed is simply insane!! Get a life!!
I recently filled in a vacant spot at a hyper simulator TCL night and the regulars were all 4-5 seconds a lap quicker than me! I didn't know i was that bad
Old 13 May 2009, 07:32 (Ref:2461451)   #56
YZ250
Rookie

Australia
Victoria
YZ250 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVID PATERSON View Post
I recently filled in a vacant spot at a hyper simulator TCL night and the regulars were all 4-5 seconds a lap quicker than me! I didn't know i was that bad
They weren't using aids were they David?
Old 13 May 2009, 22:31 (Ref:2462046)   #57
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I was fine in the game when it came out but when they were running the hotlaps championsips on there hundreds of aliens appeared!!

Plus they all seemed to be aussies and the mod is hugely popular over there and was all on their tracks

All deleted now, caused my machine hell!!

Damn shame
Old 14 May 2009, 13:01 (Ref:2462336)   #58
Tim Wilkinson
Veteran

England
Essex
Tim Wilkinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's one thing that bugs me - the circuits with online competition are all overseas. I'd quite like a cycle similar to the RFC one, but on Brands, Oulton etc.

I'm usually a bit off the pace as well, though I can put that down to the on/off nature of the gamepad.
Old 17 May 2009, 13:33 (Ref:2463944)   #59
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What pad are you using? I personnally use the Xbox 360 pad for Windows and I can say, that maybe the steering is not on the wheels's level, but the triggers for thottle and brake have more feel and accuracy than some of the wheels I have tested.
Old 17 May 2009, 16:00 (Ref:2464020)   #60
Tim Wilkinson
Veteran

England
Essex
Logitech Rumblepad 2. I've got it set up a bit better than I did have it, but the steering is very all-or-nothing, rather than progressive. That suits some circuits better than others..... I use the buttons for throttle and brake, as I couldn't get the hang of the sticks.

I'm awaiting a G25 from ebay...... it's a lot of money, but I'll most likely use it over the summer and then re-sell it.
Old 19 May 2009, 23:15 (Ref:2465442)   #61
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wilkinson View Post
That's one thing that bugs me - the circuits with online competition are all overseas. I'd quite like a cycle similar to the RFC one, but on Brands, Oulton etc
Its probably because the guy that owns / runs RFC is an Aussie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wilkinson View Post
I'm awaiting a G25 from ebay...... it's a lot of money, but I'll most likely use it over the summer and then re-sell it.
Ooooo i doubt it. I thought my DFP was pretty sweet but when i got my G25 i fell in love. Its just fantastic to use, especially the pedals.
Old 20 May 2009, 19:34 (Ref:2465917)   #62
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Yeah I love my G25

BTW , TCL Templates have been released , you can find them at rfactorcentral

Get painting folks
Old 17 Jun 2009, 21:05 (Ref:2485511)   #63
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
I found out how to edit the engine.ini (and decided not to, it's too hard) and .hdv files for models of car, but is there anyway to edit the performance of a particular car? Simply, I'm trying to make the privateers a bit slower than the works cars.
Old 18 Jun 2009, 18:21 (Ref:2486039)   #64
Tim Wilkinson
Veteran

England
Essex
You should be able to in the talent files, I think - except that TCL doesn't seem to have any!

Maybe some need to be created?
Old 19 Jun 2009, 01:57 (Ref:2486308)   #65
lovretta
Rookie

Croatia
Croatia
lovretta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi everyone!

I'm new to this forum, found because of TCL mod. i was looking everywhere to find some usable onboard recording of BMW 635 csi, but there seems to be zero of them.

Are there any recordings amongst forum members? I see some of the members here actually own gr A. 635's...

I've been trying to create some new sound for it, here is a preview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R82Kw_WTbfs
Old 28 Jun 2009, 11:23 (Ref:2492649)   #66
lovretta
Rookie

Croatia
Croatia
Hello again... Does nobody watch this space...

I'm sorry for my stumbling into this thread / forum with just a few words, i'm currently very busy and in the normal days i just don't have enough time to write more then few lines...

Well enough of that, did anyone watch the video? As i see it here are some members that know how the car sounded / should sound. I don't, i was just a small kid back in the days these machines were modern.

I'm really desperate to find some onboard of it, i know for few of them, but all those are useless because of poor sound quality and more then it commentary voice.

Here are the vids i'm talking about:

#1 1981 Bathurst Allan Grice racecam - this one is the longest, and there are parts long enough to be used as source, but sound quality is very poor, probably because it was taken from microphone located inside Allan's helmet (just a guess tough)

#2 Prince Leopold racecam, located in headlight! - this one is not bad, you can hear the engine, but it's muffled alot probably because microphone is also in the headlight and it has heavy wind-noise reduction. Also because mic is almost in the engine bay, exhaust sound will hardly be heard, so it might sound much different then it should if the mic was in the cabin.

#3 same car as the above, this time Denny Hulme driving - same goes for this one, just that this one has bit different equalization then the other video which is bit weird - probably goes to different source of the vid, it could be down to two different VHS tapes used...

#4 1984 DTM 635 onboard Hockenheim - this one is the only onboard recorded in last few years, but car has S38 engine, and probably was recorded by mobile phone because again, quality sound doesn't exist

#5 this is 1981 Bathurst Top Ten Shootout - this one has pretty good sound quality, skip to 8:20 to listen, probably mic in the engine bay. But it's too short and also has commentary voice....

#6 Bathurst '85 Allan Moffat test drives the 635 this one also has good sound, but here we have some music alongside commentary, and at the end of the video, some moments before coming down to conrod, onboard microphone is used as sound source.

#7 this one is something else - recorded nowadays, and the car probably is not a Gr. A car, and i guess doesn't sound too similar as Gr A ones...

So please, just comment on WIP sound and say "no man, you failed at the attempt, it doesn's sound like it". Or even better, if someone here knows someone having the 635 Gr A, ask 'em if they have some onboard recorded by themself, it's too bad that the extraordinary musical note of these beautiful machines is set to exist only in drivers memory....

Cheers,
Domagoj
Old 28 Jun 2009, 11:26 (Ref:2492650)   #67
lovretta
Rookie

Croatia
Croatia
Hello again... Does nobody watch this space...

I'm sorry for my stumbling into this thread / forum with just a few words, i'm currently very busy and in the normal days i just don't have enough time to write more then few lines...

Well enough of that, did anyone watch the video? As i see it here are some members that know how the car sounded / should sound. I don't, i was just a small kid back in the days these machines were modern.

I'm really desperate to find some onboard of it, i know for few of them, but all those are useless because of poor sound quality and more then it commentary voice.

Here are the vids i'm talking about:

#1 1981 Bathurst Allan Grice racecam - this one is the longest, and there are parts long enough to be used as source, but sound quality is very poor, probably because it was taken from microphone located inside Allan's helmet (just a guess tough)

#2 Prince Leopold racecam, located in headlight! - this one is not bad, you can hear the engine, but it's muffled alot probably because microphone is also in the headlight and it has heavy wind-noise reduction. Also because mic is almost in the engine bay, exhaust sound will hardly be heard, so it might sound much different then it should if the mic was in the cabin.

#3 same car as the above, this time Denny Hulme driving - same goes for this one, just that this one has bit different equalization then the other video which is bit weird - probably goes to different source of the vid, it could be down to two different VHS tapes used...

#4 1984 DTM 635 onboard Hockenheim - this one is the only onboard recorded in last few years, but car has S38 engine, and probably was recorded by mobile phone because again, quality sound doesn't exist

#5 this is 1981 Bathurst Top Ten Shootout - this one has pretty good sound quality, skip to 8:20 to listen, probably mic in the engine bay. But it's too short and also has commentary voice....

#6 Bathurst '85 Allan Moffat test drives the 635 this one also has good sound, but here we have some music alongside commentary, and at the end of the video, some moments before coming down to conrod, onboard microphone is used as sound source.

#7 this one is something else - recorded nowadays, and the car probably is not a Gr. A car, and i guess doesn't sound too similar as Gr A ones...

So please, just comment on WIP sound and say "no man, you failed at the attempt, it doesn's sound like it". Or even better, if someone here knows someone having the 635 Gr A, ask 'em if they have some onboard recorded by themself, it's too bad that the extraordinary musical note of these beautiful machines is set to exist only in drivers memory....

Cheers,
Domagoj
Old 26 Aug 2009, 03:43 (Ref:2528298)   #68
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus View Post
Yeah I love my G25

BTW , TCL Templates have been released , you can find them at rfactorcentral

Get painting folks
I'm keen to try painting some skins but I don't have photoshop or paintshop pro, what programme do you suggest i should get?
Old 26 Aug 2009, 06:04 (Ref:2528321)   #69
jiminee
Racer

jiminee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Most of us use Photoshop David but with the TCL templates (which can be hard to find now I am told) get something that supports Alpha Layers otherwise than can end up really dark or really bright.
Old 26 Aug 2009, 08:26 (Ref:2528370)   #70
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
Instead of using templates, would it be easier to copy then mod an existing skin?
Old 26 Aug 2009, 12:13 (Ref:2528516)   #71
jiminee
Racer

Depends on how extensive your proposed changes are, just chaning a number would be ok but much more than that and it would look wrong as the shading would be all wrong.
Old 27 Aug 2009, 02:12 (Ref:2528952)   #72
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminee View Post
Depends on how extensive your proposed changes are, just chaning a number would be ok but much more than that and it would look wrong as the shading would be all wrong.
I just want to change the numbers and some signwriting.
Old 27 Aug 2009, 08:42 (Ref:2529074)   #73
jiminee
Racer

Then yeah it should be ok or I would be happy to do it for you if you PM me the details of what your after.
Old 2 Sep 2009, 17:28 (Ref:2533258)   #74
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
installs for TCL
full 1.1 > http://www.filefront.com/13666415/TC...All-In_One.exe
sound pack > http://rapidshare.de/files/45923623/...dpack.rar.html
Old 4 Sep 2009, 08:55 (Ref:2534263)   #75
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Hep

I have managed to get the download to work now, thanks for the link

Only trouble is I cant get any of teh 6 cylinder engines to have sound? Ie the 635 and Supra?

Any way of linking in a sound for these or showing me where they are in the files? May have been dumped elesewhere in rarring