Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 20 Sep 2017, 23:35 (Ref:3768924)   #76
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I won't be bringing the Saints beers again, I can't make myself drink that much bud light again.... But yes, the cooler will be there. I'll probably have more of a variety of beers this time.

By the way, do we have an idea of who will all be there? And who will be bringing the grill?
I'm bringing the minivan so I plan on emptying out the garage again....

I'm sure the Bacons are coming and they usually have a grill. Guess that's been only the real question as to what needs to be brought.

Other than that, our usual crowd of misfits are coming minus Firball.
Old 21 Sep 2017, 01:15 (Ref:3768937)   #77
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottypinthemix View Post
I figure it's time for the 'stop by and drink a beer' post.
This is where we've been for the last 19 years. stop by outside turn 10a and grab a cold one with us.

Which one is you?
Old 21 Sep 2017, 01:20 (Ref:3768940)   #78
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
I'm bringing the minivan so I plan on emptying out the garage again....

I'm sure the Bacons are coming and they usually have a grill. Guess that's been only the real question as to what needs to be brought.

Other than that, our usual crowd of misfits are coming minus Firball.
I'm not sure who Firball is, but between the 4 of us here, plus the Bacons, who is the usual crowd? Seems like it is hit and miss from year to year.
Tony?
The Aussie (haven't seen him in a few years)?
Other guy with truck, who I can picture but can't remember his name but i think it starts with a J....
Old 21 Sep 2017, 01:24 (Ref:3768943)   #79
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I'm not sure who Firball is, but between the 4 of us here, plus the Bacons, who is the usual crowd? Seems like it is hit and miss from year to year.
Tony?
The Aussie (haven't seen him in a few years)?
Other guy with truck, who I can picture but can't remember his name but i think it starts with a J....
Firball = Aussie
Tony = yes, me thinks is coming

The others I think are coming:
UA = Joshua, who has a truck - skinny
Big Thomas has a truck, too - my size plus
Old 21 Sep 2017, 01:36 (Ref:3768952)   #80
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Firball = Aussie

Thomas is who i was thinking started with a J, and i forgot to list UA. Is your brother still coming? Might be a nice sized crowd this year!

And we should make some bet with the outcome being a ride on the Ferris wheel wearing this:

edit: the shirt, not the model.

Last edited by joeb; 21 Sep 2017 at 01:43.
Old 21 Sep 2017, 02:23 (Ref:3768965)   #81
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
scottypinthemix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Which one is you?
That whole compound is "us.". We've become a tight knit group over the years of going to PLM and sebring.
I'll be wearing a Turner Motorsports or a Chaparral hat.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Old 21 Sep 2017, 11:32 (Ref:3769034)   #82
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Firball = Aussie

Tony has his ticket in hand already and told me twice he's coming up. No baseball ceremonies to interfere this year. Think he'll be up some time Thurs morning like someone else who expects camp to be set up for him

I am still working on my dessert and breakfast ideas, yes there will be black forest cake again but prob a bourbon bread pudding as well for something different. And prob a toad-in-the-hole or other breakfast pudding thing with sausage. And brisket is set to go in the smoker this weekend to be frozen and finished trackside Wed evening.
Old 21 Sep 2017, 12:20 (Ref:3769042)   #83
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
It's still like 50 yards to the shuttle stop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Exactly, there's beer, meat and cigars at camp and none of that on the bus.
^this is what keeps me close to HQ. And that I'm a fat out of shape SOB...

Quote:
well i don't walk up the damn hill, there is a shuttle! The walk is much less when you have somebody drive you in an air conditioned mini bus.
Public shuttles are slightly creepy. Maybe this is why joeb likes them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergus_r View Post
I'll be doing more than a few laps over the course of the week- on foot thanks to being young

Interested in seeing how the parking situation is compared to Sebring. On race day I turned up at 7.30am and went straight through without stopping. Hoping for the same but will arrive early (well, earlier than 7.30) anyway.
joeb gave you some good incite on the parking at T4. I think race day traffic is generally very busy getting in. Lots of people just purchase a Saturday ticket and come in early. Some park across the highway but many tend to park right in front of our campsite
Old 21 Sep 2017, 15:03 (Ref:3769089)   #84
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Ticket arrived. I found it in a random stack of things that I'm so thankful didn't get tossed. No consistency with kids and placing mail around here for some reason...

I got the Zac Brown deal. We're doing our own low country boil, right?

joeb, can you bring some fresh crawdads with you? I personally don't like them, but I want your Mazda to smell more like swamp than the norm.
Old 21 Sep 2017, 17:13 (Ref:3769114)   #85
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:

joeb, can you bring some fresh crawdads with you? I personally don't like them, but I want your Mazda to smell more like swamp than the norm.
Nah cher, da crawfish be endormi dis time da yah.

translation, no the crawfish are hibernating this time of the year.
Old 21 Sep 2017, 17:40 (Ref:3769119)   #86
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Nah cher, da crawfish be endormi dis time da yah.

translation, no the crawfish are hibernating this time of the year.
Thanks, Water Boy. I think we've had this convo before but wouldn't they be easier to catch if they're sleeping?
Old 21 Sep 2017, 17:59 (Ref:3769120)   #87
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Thanks, Water Boy. I think we've had this convo before but wouldn't they be easier to catch if they're sleeping?
you'd think, but no. they burrow into the ground.

but they do take some "high quality H2O" with them
Old 21 Sep 2017, 19:04 (Ref:3769129)   #88
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
So, anyone for a non crawdad low country boil???

Quote:
you'd think, but no. they burrow into the ground.

but they do take some "high quality H2O" with them
Old 21 Sep 2017, 19:25 (Ref:3769135)   #89
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
So, anyone for a non crawdad low country boil???

That's the plan - Friday low country boil with scrimp.
Old 21 Sep 2017, 19:27 (Ref:3769136)   #90
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
That's the plan - Friday low country boil with scrimp.
So making Tony bring his fryer himself this time?
Old 21 Sep 2017, 19:29 (Ref:3769137)   #91
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fergus_r View Post
I'll be doing more than a few laps over the course of the week- on foot thanks to being young

Interested in seeing how the parking situation is compared to Sebring. On race day I turned up at 7.30am and went straight through without stopping. Hoping for the same but will arrive early (well, earlier than 7.30) anyway.
Have you been to RATL yet? If not, me thinks you'll be riding the bus on day 2.
Old 21 Sep 2017, 19:30 (Ref:3769138)   #92
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
So making Tony bring his fryer himself this time?
No, it's in my garage. And if you're reading this Tony, it's pronounce "guh-raj".
Old 21 Sep 2017, 19:32 (Ref:3769139)   #93
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Ticket arrived. I found it in a random stack of things that I'm so thankful didn't get tossed.
Yes, because that's never happened before...
Old 21 Sep 2017, 22:17 (Ref:3769162)   #94
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Yes, because that's never happened before...
Umm...yeaaaaah.
Old 22 Sep 2017, 02:23 (Ref:3769190)   #95
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Found a flag pole seller on ebay - "Jenzdealz". I bought another one.
Old 22 Sep 2017, 11:25 (Ref:3769248)   #96
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Found a flag pole seller on ebay - "Jenzdealz". I bought another one.
There may be another purchased in the spring for the Mitty but I need more flags for that and ESM are being about even replying to a request for a flag and Falken never got me there ALMS flag.
Old 22 Sep 2017, 15:39 (Ref:3769279)   #97
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
There may be another purchased in the spring for the Mitty but I need more flags for that and ESM are being about even replying to a request for a flag and Falken never got me there ALMS flag.
IMSA flags are sold out so if you see one on vendor row, please grab it for me. I'll keep an eye out for yours.
Old 22 Sep 2017, 17:34 (Ref:3769308)   #98
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
We get imsa stickers with the tickets!
Old 22 Sep 2017, 20:13 (Ref:3769336)   #99
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Damn, thought we super fans were special and then I found out the mere peasants get them too??
Old 22 Sep 2017, 20:29 (Ref:3769344)   #100
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Quote:
Damn, thought we super fans were special and then I found out the mere peasants get them too??
If it makes you feel better, I didn't get them in either one of my ticket purchases.