Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 13 Nov 2017, 20:26 (Ref:3780268)   #3301
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think we were trying to upset you Alan, just a bit of friendly joshing from us in the frozen north to you sof.... err, from the south.

Also, I have enough problems with that Lanccrusher from the other side of t'hill.

And we do appreciate the problems the F1 guys give to the planners of UK club racing.
Old 13 Nov 2017, 21:12 (Ref:3780284)   #3302
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
To some, Snetterton is falling off the edge of the planet! Not when you live next door, it ain’t! All relative.....

Subject change.... There was a josh several pages back after someone posted a pic showing a BEV being charged up by portable generator, and the possibility of there being a ‘business opportunity’. Well, too late, as AA have partnered up with Polar / Chargemaster to offer customers a specific recovery service to a charging point should they run out of juice.....
Old 13 Nov 2017, 21:16 (Ref:3780289)   #3303
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
To some, Snetterton is falling off the edge of the planet! Not when you live next door, it ain’t! All relative.....

Subject change.... There was a josh several pages back after someone posted a pic showing a BEV being charged up by portable generator, and the possibility of there being a ‘business opportunity’. Well, too late, as AA have partnered up with Polar / Chargemaster to offer customers a specific recovery service to a charging point should they run out of juice.....
Don't they just use an AA Battery...?
Old 13 Nov 2017, 22:04 (Ref:3780300)   #3304
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
Old 13 Nov 2017, 22:08 (Ref:3780301)   #3305
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
What a cracker! (A bit early for Xmas, though)
Old 14 Nov 2017, 06:29 (Ref:3780339)   #3306
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Old 14 Nov 2017, 06:48 (Ref:3780340)   #3307
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
A great deal of wit and wisdom can be found on 'Delta's' ............ good to see that JE has one of these attributes .............. maybe in time he will ........
Old 14 Nov 2017, 07:24 (Ref:3780344)   #3308
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
A great deal of wit and wisdom can be found on 'Delta's' ............ good to see that JE has one of these attributes .............. maybe in time he will ........

Nice to be appreciated, even by you Bob! But after what must be about 30 years of 'friendship' I know what to expect....
Old 14 Nov 2017, 10:29 (Ref:3780366)   #3309
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Nice to be appreciated, even by you Bob! But after what must be about 30 years of 'friendship' I know what to expect....
Actually John, I like you a lot better now you live in France, little danger of bumping in to you at Silverstone.

Kindest possible regards,

Bob
Old 14 Nov 2017, 17:54 (Ref:3780424)   #3310
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Morgan View Post
In my experience, there are just as many people from the NW who whinge about driving to Brands Hatch...
We used to have the same problem with getting grids at Lydden with a couple of national series I was involved with which is a shame as I always thought it was a lovely track to race at.
Old 14 Nov 2017, 19:59 (Ref:3780447)   #3311
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Don't forget that the final MotoGP race is on this weekend in Spain that is going to the last round to decide the champion. none of this mamby Pamby 4 wheeled stuff enclosed in a safety cell but "hard" men bashing fairings at ridiculous lean angles while on the limit of adhesion !
Having just caught up with the race,surely Lorenzo is heading for the door after blatant disregard of team orders. Being a complete petrolhead I follow 2 wheel action as well, MotoGp and WSBK are fantastic to watch.
Old 14 Nov 2017, 20:11 (Ref:3780449)   #3312
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Morgan View Post
In my experience, there are just as many people from the NW who whinge about driving to Brands Hatch...

This isn't the time or place to go into detail but suffice it to say that planning a race calendar is much more difficult than you would imagine. F1, BTCC, BSB, Blancpain etc etc etc all have an influence on what is available to us further down the food chain.
Fair comment.......though after a long drive I think the rewards of Oulton are somewhat greater than those of Brands Indy......GP is worth it, I'll admit, even with the dubious delights of the Thurrock crossing
Old 14 Nov 2017, 23:29 (Ref:3780492)   #3313
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Having just caught up with the race,surely Lorenzo is heading for the door after blatant disregard of team orders. Being a complete petrolhead I follow 2 wheel action as well, MotoGp and WSBK are fantastic to watch.
I doubt if he will be given the boot. I agree that he should have at least let him through to give him a go but in reality he was having a job to hang on to Lorenzo, in any case when they both speeded up they both fell off so they were on the ragged edge anyway !
Typical Marquez had to push it beyond the limit when he didn't need to and almost crashed, but as it was even if he had not finished he would still have won the championship because Dovi didn't finish anyway.
Whatever it was an interesting climax to a championship that went to the last round
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 15 Nov 2017, 19:51 (Ref:3780619)   #3314
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
HSCC Dinner Saturday.

Dinner Dance this Saturday. Me, Mrs Delta and Alan Morgan will be attending. Anyone else?.Before Mr McKay says anything yes I have had strict instructions not to abandon her this year.
Old 16 Nov 2017, 12:36 (Ref:3780726)   #3315
Dan Rear
Veteran

Dan Rear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, me and Mrs R!! The other Mrs R's already requested my company on the dance floor - not sure she's seen my 2 left feet before...
Old 16 Nov 2017, 18:21 (Ref:3780810)   #3316
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
So, since tax discs stopped being issued, the amount of cars driving around untaxed has trebled..........

There’s a surprise.
Old 16 Nov 2017, 18:35 (Ref:3780813)   #3317
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Rear View Post
Yeah, me and Mrs R!! The other Mrs R's already requested my company on the dance floor - not sure she's seen my 2 left feet before...
...in that case, I'll bag a dance with the other, other Mrs R! Looking forward to the chance to unwind at the DD after the Historic FF2000 AGM earlier in the day. A simple AGM seems to have subverted all my waking hours over the last couple of weeks.
Old 16 Nov 2017, 18:44 (Ref:3780817)   #3318
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
So, since tax discs stopped being issued, the amount of cars driving around untaxed has trebled..........

There’s a surprise.
Also MOTs, the amount of people running about without a current certificate is mind boggling, they never check and only get the vehicle MOTd when they are informed that it needs a road tax. I did 3 MOTs yesterday and 1 this morning, one was 3 months out of date and another by 7
I know it's easy to loose track as you don't get a reminder, I would put money on most people on tenths in the UK that it's happened to including me
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 16 Nov 2017, 18:45 (Ref:3780819)   #3319
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks for the reminder, 22nd Nov . . . . There's a little sticker on the sun visor to remind me.

If it fails i'll just revert to the Cortina !
Old 16 Nov 2017, 19:01 (Ref:3780826)   #3320
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
I know it's easy to loose track as you don't get a reminder, I would put money on most people on tenths in the UK that it's happened to including me
DVLA has now started sending reminders by text but you need to sign up for them. I now have an app on my phone that has all my cars on which automatically updates tax and MOT status from the DVLA system.
Old 16 Nov 2017, 19:04 (Ref:3780828)   #3321
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Ironically the one car I don’t have to worry about (as rules stand at the mo) with respect to MOT and thus tax is my 1959 +4, and it’s the one I’m least likely to drive on the road......
Old 16 Nov 2017, 19:07 (Ref:3780829)   #3322
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
DVLA has now started sending reminders by text but you need to sign up for them. I now have an app on my phone that has all my cars on which automatically updates tax and MOT status from the DVLA system.
What’s wrong with a good old wall chart? No overnight charging or backing up to iCloud required.......
Old 16 Nov 2017, 19:52 (Ref:3780838)   #3323
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Interestingly Filofax has seen its sales grow over the last couple of years because of just that. It doesn't need recharging.
Old 17 Nov 2017, 06:21 (Ref:3780893)   #3324
bauble
Veteran

England
On Thursday 23rd Nov the Silverstone Marshals are holding their annual quiz night in Silverstone village, I have been invited back, but am one short for a team of four. The quiz starts at 8.0pm anyone fancy a fun night out in rural Northants?
The quiz is always innovative, and it is not just what you know, but figuring out some cryptic clues.

Help is needed as there are some pretty smart guys and gals entered.

RSVP Bauble.
Old 17 Nov 2017, 06:44 (Ref:3780897)   #3325
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Dammit if it had been Friday I could have joined you as I am thundering past on my way to another kart track! Have a great evening.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk