Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 1 Apr 2010, 10:56 (Ref:2664733)   #1
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
South Korean GP Preview (video)

Found this on the newly launched South Korean GP site:

http://www.koreangp.kr/kavo_front/KIC/virtual.asp

A very OTT fast forward/scalextric video of the cars touring the circuit.

Have to say, it looks extremely uninspiring. The definition of 'stop-start' and the epitomy of what's wrong with the current recent crop of F1 tracks

What do we think?

Selby
Old 1 Apr 2010, 13:37 (Ref:2664818)   #2
nea
Racer

England
Saltaire, UK
nea should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh look. A long straight followed by a hairpin. Gee, I've never seen that before. Ever. It's so original. Why has no-one thought of it before, it will make for great action.

Sorry, my sarcasmitis seems to be playing up something wicked today...
Old 1 Apr 2010, 19:22 (Ref:2665046)   #3
WapFlap
Racer

Netherlands
The Netherlands
WapFlap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dunno, it seems like a start - stop circuit. Some corners could have been much better when they where just a little bit smoother so cars could pick up speed trough there... Is it a Tilke track?
Old 1 Apr 2010, 19:51 (Ref:2665057)   #4
Jamesy-18
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire
Jamesy-18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Video doesn't work for me.
Old 1 Apr 2010, 20:48 (Ref:2665078)   #5
Quintin03
Veteran

Netherlands
Quintin03 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WapFlap View Post
Is it a Tilke track?
Is that supposed to be a question? because this is. I mean who else could design such a track? It is in fact a Tilke track.
Old 2 Apr 2010, 02:01 (Ref:2665202)   #6
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesy-18 View Post
Throw the entire idea into the trash...

Were next?
Old 2 Apr 2010, 03:32 (Ref:2665221)   #7
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Fox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the circuit looks really nice. By that I mean the surroundings are nice, it's all very colourful, there looks to be much less ridiculous run-off then in many of these new tracks.

The actual track layout though is pretty standard Tilke. Meh.
Old 2 Apr 2010, 12:03 (Ref:2665372)   #8
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesy-18 View Post
You probably need to update Flash, otherwise you're not missing out on anything.
Old 2 Apr 2010, 12:07 (Ref:2665375)   #9
Another Bob
Racer

Australia
The Land Of More Then One Crow
Another Bob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If he keeps going Burnie will have to change the name to Asian F1 Championship.

China, Korea, Japan, Malaysia, Singapore, talk of India, do you include Australia in Asia?? Next we will have Vietnam, Loas, Cambodia, hey give one to the North Koreans, that would be interesting!!

On the other hand I don't mind as long as he stops stealing races from the traditional European circuits, but if they add venues lets make it a true world championship and get back to the USA and Africa.

Track looks OK, I like the little semi circle bit, it reminds me of riding a push bike around the clothes line in the back yard.
Old 3 Apr 2010, 18:44 (Ref:2666061)   #10
dyewat808
Veteran

United Kingdom
dyewat808 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Another Bob View Post
If he keeps going Burnie will have to change the name to Asian F1 Championship.

China, Korea, Japan, Malaysia, Singapore, talk of India, do you include Australia in Asia?? Next we will have Vietnam, Loas, Cambodia, hey give one to the North Koreans, that would be interesting!!

On the other hand I don't mind as long as he stops stealing races from the traditional European circuits, but if they add venues lets make it a true world championship and get back to the USA and Africa.

Track looks OK, I like the little semi circle bit, it reminds me of riding a push bike around the clothes line in the back yard.

Agreed. USA and Africa needed to balance up venues in Asia.
Old 3 Apr 2010, 19:46 (Ref:2666099)   #11
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyewat808 View Post
Agreed. USA and Africa needed to balance up venues in Asia.
There's a seperate thread on the return of F1 to the US here:

Will F1 Return to Indianapolis?

As for Africa, it would have to be South Africa but as when that happens is anyon'e guess but I wouldn't surprised if the success or failure of the world cup will have a bearing on it.
Old 3 Apr 2010, 20:00 (Ref:2666110)   #12
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There are only four Asian countries that can justify GPs IMO - Australia (counting it as part of Asia for several reasons, including other sporting bodies), Malaysia (not due to attendance, due to the track being good), Japan (good track, good crowds, has fans that know one end of a car from the other unlike some) and Singapore (due to the circuit, although I can see good arguments for dropping it). Both SW Asian races can go. India has no tradition of motor racing, no interesting circuit, no fans, no room, and it's too much of a travel cost. China has no interest in motor racing, for several reasons (Communist states haven't gone in for it, you would have thought someone in the Kremlin would have decided in bringing Lada in at some point after a few pints too many of vodka, but that's off topic). South Korea is a little more justifiable than tose - let's wait until either Hyundai join F1 or there's a decent Korean racing driver (Keisuke Kunimoto and RĂ©cardo Bruins Choi don't count either, they're Japanese and Dutch respectively - like the fact that anyone who has heard an interview of him knows that Ho-Pin Tung is a Dutchman).

The US clearly needs a GP, no arguments there. I'd give it the season finale. Canada must keep its race. Interlagos is an excellent circuit. I don't see any justifications for any other countries in the Americas other than nice circuit.

Most of F1's fans are in Europe, Bernie needs reminding that - Finland, France and Portugal can all have easily justified GPs.

The problem is the idiotic way that the F1 calendar is drawn up. FIFA, the IRB, et al et al are not required to sell the rights to dictate the calendar of their sports to some midget who wants to cream of the sanctioning fees. The FIA and FOTA should determine where GPs are held, not a commercial rights holder. The same goes for all FIA series.