Old 17 Jun 2015, 14:47 (Ref:3551564)   #51
David A Scott
Rookie

Canada
Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
David A Scott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwintle View Post
And here we go again. It's done, can't we all leave the "IndyCar war" where it Rests In Peace (Pieces?) and move on?

No. We CART fans spent years being chased around internet boards by the like of Indycool, Doc Austin and John Howard (aka Defender). They are part of the reason why the fans of CART can't and won't let go. Some of them just gave up caring. None of them, that I know of, watch IndyCar anymore, other than for comedic value.

If you want to keep supporting this third rate series then knock yourself out. It really makes me want to bang my head on the wall when people talk about "the product" being good and needing to promote it more. There was no problem with "the product" until Tony George threw his toys out the pram.

I suggest that if you haven't read Dan Gurney's white paper to do so. Back when that was written it was all about Indy and USAC (read: Hulman-George/IMS) wanted to keep it that way. The other races were there just to keep the teams busy until the month of May. CART sought to grow the entire series, including the 500. They succeeded. Now it is back to the week and a half of May and a bunch of other races.

Yes, I am bitter. Yes I still have hatred for the man who got away scott free from leaving the steaming turd that is now IndyCar.
Old 17 Jun 2015, 14:48 (Ref:3551566)   #52
David A Scott
Rookie

Canada
Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
David A Scott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwintle View Post

There was a winky smiley after my Globe and Mail comment in case you didn't notice it.

Sorry about that... My firewall at work blocks stuff like that. All I saw was a square with grey lines through it...
Old 17 Jun 2015, 15:26 (Ref:3551581)   #53
10TENTHS
Veteran

10TENTHS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Except that CART teams, tracks and drivers still form the core of the series. Whatever, it's boring to debate with someone that's convinced nothing before 1979 and after 2002 is relevant in US open wheel history...
Old 17 Jun 2015, 15:38 (Ref:3551585)   #54
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
BTW, this is not going to degenerate into a CART vs IRL, or have a go at Tony George thread, ok everyone?

Addendum:

If people want to rant about CART, Tony George, etc., I started a thread some time a go called The Current State of IndyCar just for that purpose, where you can vent your spleens to your heart's content.

Last edited by bjohnsonsmith; 17 Jun 2015 at 17:21.
Old 17 Jun 2015, 22:02 (Ref:3551690)   #55
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by David A Scott View Post
No. We CART fans spent years being chased around internet boards by the like of Indycool, Doc Austin and John Howard (aka Defender). They are part of the reason why the fans of CART can't and won't let go.

I think forums are harmless for most but some do need to step away from the keyboard.
Old 20 Jun 2015, 09:44 (Ref:3552375)   #56
BudLightJaguar
Veteran

Finland
BudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
While still learning .raw editing, here's a short video clip from turn 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ajCjgAmL8Q

A few paddock shots at my flickr account https://www.flickr.com/photos/126204...57652450641594

E: And another video from the Lakeshore Boulevard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVBY...ature=youtu.be

As you may see from the latter one, no huge crowds at general admission areas. As a Goodwood veteran and one-time Le Mans goer I know what is a 'huge' crowd. But I can put this in a positive light: in Le Mans I saw what are the negative aspects of a huge crowd.

Last edited by BudLightJaguar; 20 Jun 2015 at 10:10.