Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 2 Dec 2006, 07:11 (Ref:1779978)   #51
Intrepid
Racer

New Zealand
Intrepid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Im hopeing for roseyness, seems TKR wernt lowballing the funds that had been recieved and they actually were in more financial strife then some people on here speculated.
Old 2 Dec 2006, 12:08 (Ref:1780268)   #52
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hopefully TKR are given until monday and they can get every cent needed.
Old 2 Dec 2006, 19:50 (Ref:1780467)   #53
Caltex Racing
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
Caltex Racing has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Because if they paid the $400,000 on Friday Prodrive (FPR) wont see the money in till Monday.
Old 2 Dec 2006, 19:51 (Ref:1780468)   #54
Caltex Racing
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
Caltex Racing has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Prodrive said YES!!!!!!!!!!
Or
FPR said YES!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2 Dec 2006, 21:16 (Ref:1780500)   #55
Mr Intolerant
Rookie

Australia
Under your momma's bed!
Mr Intolerant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMr Intolerant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Let them sink and allow new stronger team emerge arise from the sordid, bubbling filth that represent this whole mess.

TKR was never at risk, TKR under the stewardship of an Aussie was. There are many Kiwi's ready, willing, and able to step up and make this team really national once Captain Kangaroo is deposed.

Survival of the fittest is unstoppable and all this incident has done is prolong the pain of a dieing species.

Mr John, want another 40k mortgage a house and put it in yourself!
Old 2 Dec 2006, 22:20 (Ref:1780528)   #56
barney551
Veteran

barney551 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltex Racing
Because if they paid the $400,000 on Friday Prodrive (FPR) wont see the money in till Monday.

Ummm ... they didnt pay, they were $40,000 short and asked for an extension over the weekend to sell off more old stock etc.

You need to read the post specific on this topic, it had press release and everything.
Old 3 Dec 2006, 00:34 (Ref:1780583)   #57
lookleft
Racer

lookleft should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Still not sure why TKR didn't buy the two LP commies that we going for $360K. Even save money on paintjobs Or did they.....

If $40,000 is such an issue now what happens the first time the car takes a hit?
Old 3 Dec 2006, 00:56 (Ref:1780588)   #58
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The sponsors of the team are committed to pay money for 2007, but are not obliged IIRC to pay for a new car now.
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 3 Dec 2006, 01:23 (Ref:1780596)   #59
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Evomike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Intolerant
Let them sink and allow new stronger team emerge arise from the sordid, bubbling filth that represent this whole mess.

TKR was never at risk, TKR under the stewardship of an Aussie was. There are many Kiwi's ready, willing, and able to step up and make this team really national once Captain Kangaroo is deposed.

Survival of the fittest is unstoppable and all this incident has done is prolong the pain of a dieing species.

Mr John, want another 40k mortgage a house and put it in yourself!

Lucky the rest of the New Zealand public are better informed than you Mr Intolerent, and have gotten behind TKR and Mr John.

Mr John in fact has sold his home to assist with funding TKR, had you bothered to listen to the media you would realise this.

Mr John has put more of his own money into TKR than many will ever know, just ask Jason Richards who was TKR's first V8 Supercar driver given the opportunity to run in Australia and Angus Fogg who were both at TKR when it started.

Mr John put his money on the table in 2000 when no other Kiwi was prepared to do so, and or willing to take the risks associated with starting a Kiwi based V8 Supercar team from scratch.

He has each year either sold shareholding in the company and or paid out of his own pocket the short fall between income and the running budget to keep TKR moving forward, and has not taken the option of putting an Aussie driver in the car who could bring funds to the team.

I am sure though there are plenty of opportunists who are keen to step up to the mark, now all the hard work has been done. Just remember, if there were so many people prepared to put a V8 supercar team together from NZ, why did they not do so before Mr John did?. It is always easy to jump on the bandwagon after the TKR brand has been established and Mr John has raised most of the funding needed to get TKR back on track after the car was written off at Bathurst.

In addition, if there are so many people prepared to take the risk......where are they??? and whats stopping them??? Just tell them to ring Avesco and get on with it instead of trying to belittle those who are!!

Mr Intolerant, keep having a go at Mr John and TKR but you seem to lack the full history of TKR to make such comments, and or you just wish to be deogetry to someone who has busted their butt to give plenty of Kiwi drivers an opportunity they may never have had.

BY THE WAY, ALMOST EVERYBODY IN NZ KNOWS MR JOHN WAS BORN IN AUSTRALIA BUT HAS LIVED IN NZ FOR OVER 15 YEARS NOW !!!

THEY ALSO KNOW MR JOHN DOES NOT DRIVE THE RACECAR AND THAT PAUL RADISICH, CRAIG BAIRD, CHRIS PITHER, JOHN MCINTYRE, FABIAN COULTHARD, MARK PORTER, ANGUS FOGG AND JASON RICHARDS ARE ALL KIWIS WHO HAVE ALL HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO DRIVE TKR'S V8 SUPERCAR.
Old 3 Dec 2006, 01:46 (Ref:1780607)   #60
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by barney551

You need to read the post specific on this topic, it had press release and everything.
Yes it did PLEASE DO NOT POST PRESS RELEASES IN THE FORUM , a Link is better suited to this kind of thing.
Old 3 Dec 2006, 02:07 (Ref:1780613)   #61
barney551
Veteran

barney551 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus
Yes it did PLEASE DO NOT POST PRESS RELEASES IN THE FORUM , a Link is better suited to this kind of thing.
Ummmmm ... I didn't make the post .... tell the person who did!!!

I was just making the point.
Old 3 Dec 2006, 02:16 (Ref:1780614)   #62
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookleft
Still not sure why TKR didn't buy the two LP commies that we going for $360K. Even save money on paintjobs Or did they.....

If $40,000 is such an issue now what happens the first time the car takes a hit?
I've been thinking the same thing. Maybe the Fujitsu series would be a better fit for TKR and it's budget.
Old 3 Dec 2006, 02:49 (Ref:1780620)   #63
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Quote:

Why would TKR buy two LP cars that are not as compettitve as the FPR Bright car and does not come with a technical partnership from prodrive.

TKR are in next years championship to win races and have the budget next year to do so with the support of Prodrive and Ford.

What they needed to do after bathurst was replace the $400,000 they had lost from the car being written off so they can be on the front foot next year with a car and partenrship package that is capable of winning races.

Thankfully it looks like they have achieved this.
Old 3 Dec 2006, 03:07 (Ref:1780622)   #64
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evomike
He has each year either sold shareholding in the company and or paid out of his own pocket the short fall between income and the running budget to keep TKR moving forward, and has not taken the option of putting an Aussie driver in the car who could bring funds to the team.
There has never been a shareholding change at TKR. You might have misquoted yourself there, Evo.

All shares in all companies associated with TKR are held by David John, unless the companies website hasnt been updated, but it should have been by now, surely?

I agree, he has launched a lot of Kiwis into the series and that is applaudable indeed.
Old 3 Dec 2006, 08:38 (Ref:1780685)   #65
lookleft
Racer

lookleft should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Quote:

Why would TKR buy two LP cars that are not as compettitve as the FPR Bright car and does not come with a technical partnership from prodrive.

TKR are in next years championship to win races and have the budget next year to do so with the support of Prodrive and Ford.

What they needed to do after bathurst was replace the $400,000 they had lost from the car being written off so they can be on the front foot next year with a car and partenrship package that is capable of winning races.

Thankfully it looks like they have achieved this.
LOL - one minute they can't afford the car now you have them winning races!

Can you ask the accountant from TKR to itemize the $400k the write-off at Bathurst cost the team. Once we understand where the other $150k went perhaps we can have more faith in the ability of this company / license holder .

Quote:
He has each year either sold shareholding in the company and or paid out of his own pocket the short fall between income and the running budget to keep TKR moving forward
Not much of a way to run a business...
Old 3 Dec 2006, 16:27 (Ref:1780991)   #66
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Another thing is that initially it was said the 400K was for the loss of the commodore because the car had been sold for that amount to a still unspecified buyer. Now it's being said the 400K is for the purchase of the FPR car. Which is it? You can't expect me to believe someone was going to pay 400K for that old nail commodore which would in essence be a direct exchange price wise for a 2006 model FPR Falcon with technical support. Also it was said 25K worth of stuff was salvaged from the commodore, let's not forget that.

I'm sure if the amount of income and/or budget for next year is so great TKR will be frequently in victory lane, that a loan can be secured for the shortfall in funds. If I was a sponsor my worry would be the team folding at any moment which appears to be the case.

I believe the bottom line is Mr John is saying we have a "national" team from NZ and passing the hat around for money is really just to gauge whether there is a desire on the part of kiwis to have such a team with kiwi sponsors, drivers and supporters. It's not specifically about the 400K nor the falcon or the junked commy. It's all about creating interest, press coverage and supporters for TKR. It's all about seeing whether kiwis are going to support a national team.

When this all hits the fan tomorrow what if the team is still short a few thousand? If they are still short the money I guess the team folds. But what happens to all that money people donated? Where does that go?
Old 3 Dec 2006, 23:53 (Ref:1781246)   #67
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Quote:
LOL - one minute they can't afford the car now you have them winning races!

Can you ask the accountant from TKR to itemize the $400k the write-off at Bathurst cost the team. Once we understand where the other $150k went perhaps we can have more faith in the ability of this company / license holder .
lookleft surely you are smart enough to do the equations your self and take into consideration the exchange rate between Aus and NZ. $400,000 Kiwi is $360,000 Aussie. By the way TKR never said they could not afford the new car what they did say is that they could not afford to go ahead with the new deal with Prodrive if they did not replace the value of the deal that disapeared when the car was written off at Bathurst

1 x quality VY V8 Supercar with top suspension, strong motor, data plus a few spares = AUD $360,000 just ask Nigel Barkley from PMM as they set the price seeing that is was a PMM build car brand new in 2005 and they wanted to supply the engine program to the new owner.

I have already supplied on this forum the breakdown of the $400,000 to the buyer who was posting anonomously on this forum and since then has not questioned the price again as he realised it was indeed the correct prices he was paying.

Quote:
Not much of a way to run a business...
Shows Mr Johns comittment to see TKR suceed in the same way as Colin Giltrap has done with A1. Both have invested considerable funds upfront for no return with the vision of a return of investment somewhere down the line.

Again as per my previous post for those who want to keep bagging TKR go out and start your own race team and show TKR what they are doing wrong that you can do better.

Anyone can start up a V8 Supercar team if they have the confidence of AVESCO, can secure a franchise and are prepared to invest the funds up front to get a team up and running and then there is of course sponsors.

Again do not belittle those who are getting on with the job and prepared to take the risks.

Last edited by Evomike; 3 Dec 2006 at 23:56.
Old 3 Dec 2006, 23:55 (Ref:1781247)   #68
BlueBlood
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
BlueBlood should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Revised deadline must be passed by now EVO.

Was the paymant made??
Old 4 Dec 2006, 00:00 (Ref:1781250)   #69
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
"Its Eleven O'Clock"
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 4 Dec 2006, 00:07 (Ref:1781252)   #70
BlueBlood
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
"Its Eleven O'Clock"

Its 1pm here GTR, being as we are more advanced than the rest of you.

I took the deadline as being local time.
Old 4 Dec 2006, 00:12 (Ref:1781254)   #71
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBlood
Its 1pm here GTR, being as we are more advanced than the rest of you.

I took the deadline as being local time.
It is local time. Here in Sunny Sydney and in FPR-world in Melbourne.

Where the money has to go.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 4 Dec 2006, 00:15 (Ref:1781255)   #72
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
lookleft

I just listened to the NZ Golf news item on the radio where they have said they made a loss this year but saw it as an investment into the future.

Obviously they are wrong as well and you are right. Just do not bag them as well on this forum for believing in the future and getting off their butt.
Old 4 Dec 2006, 00:19 (Ref:1781256)   #73
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Listen to the radio shortly for your answers one and all and then you negative pricks can get on your high horses again while the rest of us congratulate those who supported the team.
Old 4 Dec 2006, 00:21 (Ref:1781257)   #74
BlueBlood
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
Quote:
Listen to the radio shortly for your answers one and all and then you negative pricks can get on your high horses again while the rest of us congratulate those who supported the team.
I will take that as a yes.

Cant wait to see the team on the grid in a Ford.
Old 4 Dec 2006, 00:24 (Ref:1781258)   #75
BlueBlood
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
David John on the radio now.

Payment made.

Well done, hopefully the new car stays straight for a few rounds.