Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 4 Jul 2017, 07:39 (Ref:3748828)   #501
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Agreed I understand that.
Yet you support their position?

Quote:
Except now your comment is no longer true, because CAMS have decreed you are wrong and have protected the intellectual property of Supercars and Tony
That does not make my comment not true. It makes it in opposition to CAMS' position. CAMS dont get to decide that I'm wrong so they cant decree anything. That is up to the courts, which unless CAMS start backpeddling, they will be in front of very soon
Old 4 Jul 2017, 07:42 (Ref:3748829)   #502
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
Yet you support their position?

That does not make my comment not true. It makes it in opposition to CAMS' position. CAMS dont get to decide that I'm wrong so they cant decree anything. That is up to the courts, which unless CAMS start backpeddling, they will be in front of very soon
We shall see

Is your legal advice better than CAMS?

and yes i do support it, because CB is the "unofficial test day" of the 12 hour. Just stepped on intellectual property havent they.
Old 4 Jul 2017, 08:14 (Ref:3748833)   #503
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Agreed I understand that. Except now your comment is no longer true, because CAMS have decreed you are wrong and have protected the intellectual property of Supercars and Tony

CAMS believe they have a mandate. i guess this is about to be tested. Maybe. Maybe its just bluster
What intellectual property do Supercars hold for GT3 cars racing at Mount Panorama?
Old 4 Jul 2017, 08:27 (Ref:3748835)   #504
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
What intellectual property do Supercars hold for GT3 cars racing at Mount Panorama?
the run the only Gt3 event at the mountain
Old 4 Jul 2017, 08:29 (Ref:3748836)   #505
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
PS2244 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Supercars owns the 12 hour
Old 4 Jul 2017, 08:42 (Ref:3748838)   #506
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
the run the only Gt3 event at the mountain

So does that mean the SRO should start legal action against GT Open, GT Cup and others for running GT3 races at Spa Francorchamps in the months before the 24hrs of Spa?

No, because SRO have ownership of the 24hrs of Spa, and not of GT3 cars running on that circuit

I think your confusing ownership of an event with ownership of a circuit.

That or you think the Bathurst 12 Hours owns exclusivity rights in some form that suggests GT3 cars may only run at Bathurst during the B12hr.

If they don't, they have no grounds for a ban, and that's not based on whether or not it's fair on them, it's down to the fact they simply don't have the authority to trademark GT3 cars circulating a certain bit of tarmac at any time of the year
Old 4 Jul 2017, 08:46 (Ref:3748839)   #507
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
So does that mean the SRO should start legal action against GT Open, GT Cup and others for running GT3 races at Spa Francorchamps in the months before the 24hrs of Spa?

No, because SRO have ownership of the 24hrs of Spa, and not of GT3 cars running on that circuit

I think your confusing ownership of an event with ownership of a circuit.

That or you think the Bathurst 12 Hours owns exclusivity rights in some form that suggests GT3 cars may only run at Bathurst during the B12hr.

If they don't, they have no grounds for a ban, and that's not based on whether or not it's fair on them, it's down to the fact they simply don't have the authority to trademark GT3 cars circulating a certain bit of tarmac at any time of the year
seems they have achieved it in australia
Old 4 Jul 2017, 08:57 (Ref:3748841)   #508
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GT3 cars compete in multiple series in the same countries in Europe and America in various forms of series from club to national to international series.

Why is Australia so special that CAMS have decided the cars are only allowed to compete in Tony Quinn's events and the Bathurst 12hrs.

Does this now mean that the Australian Rally Championship organisers could prevent R5, N4 or AP4 cars from competing in anything other than the ARC events?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PS2244
That hardly gives them IP ownership of the International FIA GT3 regulations
Old 4 Jul 2017, 09:05 (Ref:3748844)   #509
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
seems they have achieved it in australia

Doesn't mean it's right or legal, hence why this is a mistake by CAMS

Overstepping their boundaries and angering their customers at the same time. Beyond the ban having little legal basis, that's not how you treat your customers
Old 4 Jul 2017, 09:12 (Ref:3748846)   #510
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Doesn't mean it's right or legal, hence why this is a mistake by CAMS

Overstepping their boundaries and angering their customers at the same time. Beyond the ban having little legal basis, that's not how you treat your customers
once again, Is your legal advice better than CAMS?

Only angered some customers, made others happy. some were previously angry, and now they are happy.
Old 4 Jul 2017, 09:57 (Ref:3748853)   #511
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PS2244 View Post
They own 50% of the promotional rights to run an event. That doesn't include any IP to specific type of cars
Old 4 Jul 2017, 09:59 (Ref:3748855)   #512
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
They own 50% of the promotional rights to run an event. That doesn't include any IP to specific type of cars
correct.
Old 4 Jul 2017, 10:13 (Ref:3748859)   #513
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Only angered some customers, made others happy. some were previously angry, and now they are happy.
Who is happy with this decision?
Old 4 Jul 2017, 10:16 (Ref:3748862)   #514
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
Who is happy with this decision?
read the last page
Old 4 Jul 2017, 10:22 (Ref:3748863)   #515
one five five
Veteran

Quote:
read the last page
Eugene Arocca?

Who else?

The likes of Supercars Events and Tony Quinn, the only two parties this benefits in any way, have not commented publically or on the record yet as far as I can tell.
Old 4 Jul 2017, 10:36 (Ref:3748865)   #516
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
Eugene Arocca?

Who else?

The likes of Supercars Events and Tony Quinn, the only two parties this benefits in any way, have not commented publically or on the record yet as far as I can tell.
fair enough then.

I guess CAMS just did it for fun to mess with peoples heads
Old 4 Jul 2017, 11:01 (Ref:3748870)   #517
one five five
Veteran

Quote:
fair enough then.

Hardly the first time in history CAMS has left everyone going WTF....

GT3 regulations were designed right from the off around gentleman drivers, that is the core target audience for the category, to restrict them to national title events only is utterly ridiculous
Old 4 Jul 2017, 11:02 (Ref:3748871)   #518
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Now you're starting to understand the problem. No reason behind it that makes any sense, no consultation, no forethought, frankly no idea - CAMS unfortunately reverting to type.
Old 4 Jul 2017, 11:08 (Ref:3748872)   #519
nafe!
Racer

nafe! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
here we go, the Brads little minions who cant argue against my points just come up with personal comments, rather than discuss the topics.

All i have done is supported CAMS point of view.

Nothing all wrong with what i have said, the points are fair, both sides have reasonable points of view

But personal attacks are not necessary
The reason i stirred you up and didnt bother with a proper reply is because theres one constant in the australian section of this forum. You defending untenable positions over any and everything. Its one thing to be devils advocate but you are doing something entirely different and i cant see why you do it. You pick the opposite side to the learned, motorsport experts, competitors,management etc. Deny all their proven arguments, you even accused aus gt of crap with some rubbish argument against their media manager who was telling you the truth. All the while back tracking and editing posts.

Theres no need to decide to fight every single post on the forum and your life must be feeling pretty miserable when you have everyone getting the shits with you and also feeling the need to shoot right back at you.

Im not going to sugar coat this...your argumentitive nature has trashed the aussie part of this forum to the point of people like myself not bothering to post because inteligent discussion seems impossible.

Realise that in reality your opinion and need to be right really doesnt mean **** on a forum and it wont change anything in the world. Open your mind to other opinions and enjoy the tidbits of behind the scenes information and rumours that will come with a far less argumentitive forum by changing your behaviour.
Old 4 Jul 2017, 11:20 (Ref:3748876)   #520
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by nafe! View Post
The reason i stirred you up and didnt bother with a proper reply is because theres one constant in the australian section of this forum. You defending untenable positions over any and everything. Its one thing to be devils advocate but you are doing something entirely different and i cant see why you do it. You pick the opposite side to the learned, motorsport experts, competitors,management etc. Deny all their proven arguments, you even accused aus gt of crap with some rubbish argument against their media manager who was telling you the truth. All the while back tracking and editing posts.

Theres no need to decide to fight every single post on the forum and your life must be feeling pretty miserable when you have everyone getting the shits with you and also feeling the need to shoot right back at you.

Im not going to sugar coat this...your argumentitive nature has trashed the aussie part of this forum to the point of people like myself not bothering to post because inteligent discussion seems impossible.

Realise that in reality your opinion and need to be right really doesnt mean **** on a forum and it wont change anything in the world. Open your mind to other opinions and enjoy the tidbits of behind the scenes information and rumours that will come with a far less argumentitive forum by changing your behaviour.
thank you for your opinion. Its of extreme value to me, full of hypocrisy, but still extreme value.

Takes two to argue, remember that.

maybe its not that i take the opposite side, maybe its just constantly there are two sides in here and one side is constantly on one side and one is constantly on the other. just as often i give an opinion and the same people take the opposite
Old 4 Jul 2017, 11:36 (Ref:3748879)   #521
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nafe! View Post
Im not going to sugar coat this...your argumentative nature has trashed the aussie part of this forum to the point of people like myself not bothering to post because inteligent discussion seems impossible....
Too right. I spent a while considering my words in an earlier post, and it was completely overlooked because dickswinging was going on, from a number of people mind you. This was once my go-to place for motorsport discussion, now I have to look elsewhere to find anything other than a repeatable dialogue in anything to do with Australian motorsport. Even in here, the sportscar section...
Old 4 Jul 2017, 18:52 (Ref:3748951)   #522
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!

OK. We've had enough.

Anymore of this repetitive and worthless arguing (it's not discussion) and warnings for trolling and feeding the troll will happen. This does not mean warnings will not be given out for what has happened so far. Watch this space.

While everything is borderline the volume of it drags everything down. The FAQ states that this is not what 10-10ths is about. If you are coming here looking for this, provoking this, or always involved then I suggest 10-10ths is not for you and will probably stop being for you...

The members and the staff have had enough.
Old 4 Jul 2017, 21:08 (Ref:3748967)   #523
Bcarr6
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
OK. We've had enough.

Anymore of this repetitive and worthless arguing (it's not discussion) and warnings for trolling and feeding the troll will happen. This does not mean warnings will not be given out for what has happened so far. Watch this space.

While everything is borderline the volume of it drags everything down. The FAQ states that this is not what 10-10ths is about. If you are coming here looking for this, provoking this, or always involved then I suggest 10-10ths is not for you and will probably stop being for you...

The members and the staff have had enough.

Well said, now may we discuss the Aus GT?

Being British I may be missing something here, but why is the Townsville entry so low?

Still got quality but a shame to see cars giving it a skip
Old 4 Jul 2017, 21:39 (Ref:3748977)   #524
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
AUSTRALIAN GT BATTLE HEADS TO TOWNSVILLE

18 starters
Old 4 Jul 2017, 23:11 (Ref:3748987)   #525
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
PS2244 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Well said, now may we discuss the Aus GT?

Being British I may be missing something here, but why is the Townsville entry so low?

Still got quality but a shame to see cars giving it a skip
It's an aftermath that situated from the lack of clarity around the calendar earlier on and doubts over TV coverage seemingly. I love AusGT and hopefully the grid numbers can improve soon