Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 1 Jan 2014, 16:34 (Ref:3349463)   #1
Mike Sheraton
Racer

United Kingdom
Hemel Hempstead
Mike Sheraton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
CTCRC Announce 'All Wheel Drive Series Taster'

Breaking News: CTCRC Announce 'All Wheel Drive Series Taster'!

Cadwell Park in Lincolnshire is the venue earmarked for the trial of a new four wheel drive only series, ahead of a potential full calendar in 2015.

This will be open to all performance 4wd machinery with no limit on engine capacity.

N/A, turbo charged and/or supercharged cars are eligible to compete in this “high octane” event as part of the televised 2014 “Autoglym CTCRC Classic Festival” held at Cadwell Park on the 26th/27th July.

The purpose of this event is to gauge interest in a possible new four wheel drive only race series for 2015.

If there is enough interest, the format could be resurrected for another event later on in 2014 as well as laying the foundation for a 2015 series.

Entry fee for a 20 minute qualifying session and two twenty minute races will be @£325, with drivers needing to hold a minimum of a National B race license.

A weekend’s joint membership of the BARC/CTCRC to cover entry to this event can be had for £45 if not already a member of either club.

There will be two classes: Class 1: Up to 400bhp
Class 2: Up to 800bhp

For more information please contact Andy Johnson@

andy.johnson@classictouringcars.com
Old 1 Jan 2014, 17:46 (Ref:3349479)   #2
GPR 1
Rookie

GPR 1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think this is a good idea , but its a shame they are limiting it to cars up to 800bhp !
Old 1 Jan 2014, 17:57 (Ref:3349483)   #3
Mike Sheraton
Racer

United Kingdom
Hemel Hempstead
grp1 the limits may change slightly, keep your eyes peeled
Old 1 Jan 2014, 19:31 (Ref:3349507)   #4
historic racer
Rookie

historic racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Correct me if I am wrong but are these cars not covered by the Classic Thunder although up to 2004, cannot see this working as there are not that many 4wd race cars about and unless you have cars exactly on the HP limits people are going to be seriously outclassed , ie 500hp car would have to run in 800hp class and would be annihilated. Thought taster races was just that, to ask extra £45 leaves the wrong sort of taste !
Old 1 Jan 2014, 20:46 (Ref:3349520)   #5
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by historic racer View Post
Correct me if I am wrong but are these cars not covered by the Classic Thunder although up to 2004, cannot see this working as there are not that many 4wd race cars about
As I understand it, some of the more lairy 4wd cars have now been banned from Classic Thunder. This taster race presumably would cater for these cars, plus anything cut off by the age requirement in Classic Thunder. I would have doubts regarding the size of the grid; however, the CCRC ran an AWD saloon series in 2010, which got reasonable (but not great) grids so there may be some demand out there.
Old 1 Jan 2014, 22:20 (Ref:3349539)   #6
Mike Sheraton
Racer

United Kingdom
Hemel Hempstead
well so far the club has had a lot of interest, and it should cater for a large amount of cars that simply can't find anywhere to race
Old 2 Jan 2014, 09:19 (Ref:3349613)   #7
ANDY J
Rookie

ANDY J should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Excuse me Mr Historic Racer but the CTCRC are trying to help a band of drivers who at the moment do not have any where to race,why is it you are so negative to the CTCRC we are just trying to do our best with very limited resources.
Old 2 Jan 2014, 09:59 (Ref:3349619)   #8
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by historic racer View Post
, ie 500hp car would have to run in 800hp class and would be annihilated.
I've been around racing for over 40 years and it doesn't quite work out that way, certain tracks are designed so that a more nimble car can out perform an HP monster.
You can't just go out and buy the biggest HP car and expect to win but you can expect to have a very big accident if you don't have the talent to go with it !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 2 Jan 2014, 11:49 (Ref:3349647)   #9
ascona i2000
Racer

ascona i2000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agree, i reckon a properly driven 300hp Audi A4 super tourer quattro would probably beat most things..

Not to sure either why this club always has to get a knock for trying hard?
Old 2 Jan 2014, 12:47 (Ref:3349657)   #10
Mike Sheraton
Racer

United Kingdom
Hemel Hempstead
my thoughts exactly dave!
and gordon, coming out to play this year in the anglia? would be good to see it
Old 2 Jan 2014, 13:42 (Ref:3349672)   #11
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
I think the £45 charge also down to the requirement of BARC membership as well as CTCRC. I am sure if you were a member of BARC already a reduction would be made. In fairness to BARC they have in fact knocked their membership down to sub £100 although I do think the 45 quid is perhaps a tad high. With reference to Gordon and the big powered cars not always being the way to go, I agree 100% which is why an RS 2000 in the right hands and with correct prep can run rings around me in my old Camaros and don't even mention M3s! At the end of the day can only ever be one winner so get over it and have some fun, I have had some great dices with Mike and co in their BMW 325i's so what if they are in a different class and engines have half the power and size they are very agile and make up for it. Here is a perfect example from Mikes car. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iwFLxZaEFo
Old 3 Jan 2014, 12:42 (Ref:3349966)   #12
Fletchyboy
Rookie

Fletchyboy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fabulous stuff Mike and Al...love it!
Old 3 Jan 2014, 15:09 (Ref:3350004)   #13
historic racer
Rookie

historic racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDY J View Post
Excuse me Mr Historic Racer but the CTCRC are trying to help a band of drivers who at the moment do not have any where to race,why is it you are so negative to the CTCRC we are just trying to do our best with very limited resources.
Firstly as this is a forum I thought I was allowed to post an ' opinion ' nowhere have I said anything derogatory about the clubs efforts.
Secondly one of our cars is a Skyline which falls neatly into this series but we already have somewhere to run it namely the TA Nippon Challenge as well as another series , similarly as do the Subaru's and the Mitsubishi's which leaves what cars ? In order for someone to leave a series it has to be bad or the alternative has to offer a much better deal and this does appear not to do so, so we shall see, perhaps returning at the end of 2014 to reflect. As I said this is all just an opinion.
Old 3 Jan 2014, 15:17 (Ref:3350010)   #14
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Its a one off trial if not supported it wont happen end of, 4 x 4 owners loss IMHO because believe me the more places a car has to race the more its worth. Championships and series wax and wane, come and go trust me as I ran of one of the best supported saloon series in the country that is now no more I know! Nippon Challenge could pack up, loose a sponsor or its shine and be gone then where do you go, always nice to have an alternative surely?