Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 18 Dec 2013, 15:15 (Ref:3345490)   #51
snowen250
Veteran

snowen250 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALFAADIE View Post
Im Trying to get Tim Lewis out with the other ALFA
That really would be superb, the 33 is a great car, but I have very fond memories of that super fast Alfa of Tim Lewis racing. Be great to see him and it out racing once more.

Simon
Old 18 Dec 2013, 15:18 (Ref:3345493)   #52
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
I'm sure AJ Owen will be back out with the Cossie, maybe dad as well as they are building a 2nd car.
Not sure what the plan for that second Sierra will be, but don't forget Craig has the Mondeo Supertourer...
Old 23 Dec 2013, 21:55 (Ref:3347394)   #53
big andy
Veteran

United Kingdom
doncaster
big andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbig andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
monaro will be ready 2nd week in January a late xmas present!!!.shouldn't need much just a colour change, check over and we be over to blyton for a shake down
Old 15 Jan 2014, 12:25 (Ref:3354228)   #54
PukKa
Rookie

England
Essex Boy
PukKa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Prov regs are now out, No Skylines, No Evos what about in 2wd form?
Old 15 Jan 2014, 15:15 (Ref:3354283)   #55
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
I believe they still may be able to run n the invitation class.
Old 15 Jan 2014, 17:18 (Ref:3354328)   #56
ANDY J
Rookie

ANDY J should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2wd cars allowed
Old 19 Jan 2014, 11:43 (Ref:3355837)   #57
RKTuning
Rookie

United Kingdom
essex
RKTuning should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDY J View Post
2wd cars allowed
We changed our skyline to 2wd for QMN and running a 50mm restrictor ,single throttle body , weight penaltys but they still banned us by not allowing 6 cyl turbos!! We had not even had 1 race with them, to busy changing car to fit there reg changes LOL
So we hope to run with you and have some friendly racing and not worry about getting banned at the end of each season.
Old 1 Feb 2014, 08:38 (Ref:3362847)   #58
big andy
Veteran

United Kingdom
doncaster
big andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbig andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacy View Post
Been quietly on the dyno and testing finally sorting the car so it's a yes from us.

Andy Robinson ford falcon
Andy Wilson Vx Monaro
Alex Sidwell holden commodore
Ade Hawkins super fast alfa
Piers Grange Sierra XR8
Stacy Vickers Mazda RX7
Who else will be at Donington ?
Old 2 Feb 2014, 11:22 (Ref:3363212)   #59
RKTuning
Rookie

United Kingdom
essex
RKTuning should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by big andy View Post
Darren is going to be there hopefully
need to get some testing in to get him more confidence with 2wd
Old 4 Feb 2014, 08:05 (Ref:3363945)   #60
PukKa
Rookie

England
Essex Boy
PukKa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Originally Posted by big andy View Post
I'm just rebuilding my little 1.3 ltr Mazda for the first event, will try and keep out of the way of those big V8 monsters as you come by.
Old 10 Feb 2014, 20:50 (Ref:3366605)   #61
Sarnie
Racer

England
Middx.
Sarnie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSarnie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Think you might like this one Al, looks like an ex Andretti / Unser IROC-Z is coming out to play...

http://www.johntruslove.com/show-story.asp?story_ID=193
Old 11 Feb 2014, 17:13 (Ref:3366967)   #62
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Hi Simon,

I have exchanged emails with the guy and yes it is one of the sister cars to the one I am renovating however they were originally fitted with the Small Block Chevrolet engine not the big block and as I am more interested in restoring mine as original I won't be putting in a big block, I also understand the small block and can build my own engine but have never built or had anything to do with the big block. I have no interest in racing this car when finished as I couldn't afford to build it to a competitive spec. Its more a show car and museum piece. If someone wants to purchase when finished and upgrade it then fine in fact if they pay me enough I will put what ever engine they want in it lol!. I will watch his progress with interest as I will Ken Clarkes Gp 1 races with Nigel Garrett's Camaro and may well end up converting my yellow car to the same spec because to be honest I think I am coming to the realisation I have too many cars around me and would just like to hang on and occasionally race the IROC-Z Pre 93 car as I enjoy driving that most.

Last edited by Al Weyman; 11 Feb 2014 at 17:18.
Old 12 Feb 2014, 15:51 (Ref:3367406)   #63
Sarnie
Racer

England
Middx.
Sarnie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSarnie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
I think I am coming to the realisation I have too many cars around me and would just like to hang on and occasionally race the IROC-Z Pre 93 car as I enjoy driving that most.
Haha I also realised you can have too much of a good thing, I did once have 5 Capri's but just have the race car now.
Still taking me far too long to get it ready again but nearly there
Old 16 Feb 2014, 22:01 (Ref:3369171)   #64
GPR 1
Rookie

GPR 1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I see that the thunder saloon championship is getting some good cars out there this year ( can anyone persuade mr Philpott to bring out the starion again this year ) but what of the other championships in the CTCRC have we got any new cars and drivers to look forward to in them .
Old 17 Feb 2014, 10:02 (Ref:3369296)   #65
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
I believe there is some new cars coming out across the board and some old ones that haven't been out for a while. Give us a good calendar like we have and entries will follow!
Old 22 Feb 2014, 12:36 (Ref:3370981)   #66
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Pleased to say that Alfa Romeo Owners Club will be joining you guys at the Cadwell Classic Festival for a couple of races for (broadly) pre-91 Alfas... We had some good racing - although a tad damp - at the Mallory festival last year - hope its as good this year!
Old 26 Feb 2014, 19:20 (Ref:3372448)   #67
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
And now this timely annoucement from Motors TV the televised meetings on the calendar will meet a much wider audience.
Attached Thumbnails
motors TV.jpg  
Old 5 Mar 2014, 09:17 (Ref:3375279)   #68
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
I've entered the IROC-Z in Pre 93's 22/23rd March Donington, broadcast live on Motors TV, its shaping up to be a good meeting, some races have been amalgamated and which is with what has yet to be confirmed but I think if this gives a better TV show then I'm all for it as I watched a 3 or 4 car grid race live from an Aston Martin meeting on Motors TV and it was dire, boring and totally embarrassing for UK motorsport and we don't want a repeat of that!
Old 5 Mar 2014, 21:28 (Ref:3375522)   #69
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To add to the good news, the timetable has been released and it looks like a couple of busy days...

http://www.donington-park.co.uk/down...2_23_march.pdf