Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 20 Mar 2014, 08:54 (Ref:3382165)   #26
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Donington parking is normally outside the main paddock entrance. It's immediately next to the entrance but then a walk from there to wherever you want to view, so depending where you go it's a bit of a 'trudge' back to the car. It's grass parking area, okay when dry can get a bit slippery / muddy for cars if there's been a lot of rain.

Unless things have changed, once inside the paddock area there is only one walkway (access tunnel) to the infield area so if you then want to go on the outside e.g at Craner you have to walk all the way back through the tunnel and round again. Bit of a pain really, pity they don't have a crossing point. Or if they do I've missed it!
Old 20 Mar 2014, 09:08 (Ref:3382171)   #27
snowen250
Veteran

snowen250 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gary

thanks for the reply, ok il probably set up camp just after redgate, top of the craners then. As I am guessing the food outlets and toilets will only be a short walk to the start/finish straight from there. Though I may trudge round to the chicane....hmm decisions.....

Simon
Old 20 Mar 2014, 14:08 (Ref:3382292)   #28
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
Donington parking is normally outside the main paddock entrance. It's immediately next to the entrance but then a walk from there to wherever you want to view, so depending where you go it's a bit of a 'trudge' back to the car. It's grass parking area, okay when dry can get a bit slippery / muddy for cars if there's been a lot of rain.

Unless things have changed, once inside the paddock area there is only one walkway (access tunnel) to the infield area so if you then want to go on the outside e.g at Craner you have to walk all the way back through the tunnel and round again. Bit of a pain really, pity they don't have a crossing point. Or if they do I've missed it!
Gary,

There is no crossing point available.

There are other tunnels but the one at the other end of the circuit at Coppice is closed - it has been for some years since the F1 fiasco. Much of the infield is still being refurbished so the new tunnel is currently for construction work only. Likely to stay that way for this year I understand.

There is a third tunnel under Robert's esses (more or less) but that may only be open when the full circuit is in use unless there are organised infield activities. Either way it probably does not help much as the outside of the circuit at that point is a bit of a dead end except for the loop area.

For larger club meetings there are usually food outlet of some sort in the paddock at the Redgate end (and elsewhere of course but they are nearest to the track). Much bigger meetings have more resources of course.

Whether that will be the case at the moment I don't know - the Formula E factory units are being constructed just in side the paddock entrance and may be a little disruptive for a few weeks.

If anyone is up there testing today they may be able to advise - seems to have gone a bit quiet at the moment though.

One option that may be worth considering for rgualr visitors is to join the Donington Park Racing Association Club. (DPRAC).

Membership provides the use of the clubhouse facilities and seated viewing area on the outside of the circuit at the top of the Hollywood/Craner Curves area. Light refreshments are available and places of shelter if the weather is adverse. Annual membership is a few pounds. A membership card provides for an entry ticket discount for most club meetings. There are a few other benefits in terms of discounts here and there and usually an low cost track day (road legal and noise restricted cars only) once a year. Mid August this year. The cost is basically what is required to cover insurance requirements for the day.

For anyone likely to be visiting Donington a few times during the year as a spectator it may be worth considering joining - just pop in and talk to one of the organisers to see if it offers you anything.
Old 20 Mar 2014, 14:16 (Ref:3382296)   #29
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowen250 View Post
Gary

thanks for the reply, ok il probably set up camp just after redgate, top of the craners then. As I am guessing the food outlets and toilets will only be a short walk to the start/finish straight from there. Though I may trudge round to the chicane....hmm decisions.....

Simon
Simon,

The inside at the chicane is not far from the paddock tunnel though a couple of elevation changes can make it seem further if carry a lot of kit! Not as bad as BH though!

There are usually some portaloos scattered around to support the permanent facilities in the Paddock and at the Old Hairpin, McLeans and Coppice.
Old 20 Mar 2014, 20:17 (Ref:3382425)   #30
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Looks like a great weekend. Fford have 30 odd cars, caterhams are over subcribed, mgoc have 31 confirmed drivers, bmw had 17 in class a and 20 in BCD at the last count on their Facebook page just not sure about the ctcrc and max 5..anyone got a clue on grid numbers?
Old 20 Mar 2014, 20:30 (Ref:3382432)   #31
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As far as I know, two CTCRC grids are full and a couple more are near capacity. MX5s are always full so no worries there.
Old 20 Mar 2014, 20:39 (Ref:3382435)   #32
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Sounds like a great opener...my flag waving arms better be up to it!
Old 20 Mar 2014, 20:41 (Ref:3382439)   #33
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And for those attending - the latest weather forecast for Castle Donington...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2653591
Old 21 Mar 2014, 15:16 (Ref:3382677)   #34
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper View Post
BARC don't tend to publish entry lists in advance; however, the Classic FF1600 list is at: http://www.classicff1600.moonfruit.c...ist/4583414298
Quite a few of those in the list were testing at Mallory on Wednesday. Looks like a good race in prospect.
Old 21 Mar 2014, 19:36 (Ref:3382748)   #35
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm starting my marshalling year in Sunday at this one. I hope we don't end up with a bomb-burst of Caterhams like a couple of years ago - so many, in fact, we had to pick one up and carry it onto a flatbed to speed up recovery!
Old 26 Mar 2014, 14:30 (Ref:3384646)   #36
Race4Fun
Rookie

United Kingdom
Derby
Race4Fun should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As you probably know Motors TV is across all platforms now
(Freeview ch 240, Sky 447, Virgin 545)

If any other racers want to watch the Motors TV coverage these are the re-runs:

Next broadcast:
Wednesday 26 March - 16:05,
Wednesday 26 March - 23:05,