Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 3 Jan 2007, 12:24 (Ref:1805072)   #26
Doc Hollywood
Racer

Ireland
Dublin, Ireland
Doc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDoc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDoc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Got it for Christmas.

Didn't like it.

Won't be recommending it.
Old 3 Jan 2007, 12:39 (Ref:1805086)   #27
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
rather than just saying didn't like it....what was it you didn't like about it? The onboards? The style? Be interested to hear.
Old 4 Jan 2007, 07:54 (Ref:1805843)   #28
Doc Hollywood
Racer

Ireland
Dublin, Ireland
Doc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDoc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDoc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Emmmm, I think I was expecting more onboard footage, it seemed to be alot of time in the pits. It wouldn't have killed them to add some decent onboard laps during the night time. The camera on the car didn't seem to be very up to the job either.

I think that Short came accross as being a bit of a *****, especially at the end when he was sat on the pit-wall like a spoilt child because his untested, unfinished and ultimatley un-ready car didn't get on the podium.

Sorry, I just thought it could have been better.
Old 4 Jan 2007, 10:27 (Ref:1805927)   #29
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sorry wasn't meant to be an inquisition, just was curious

I enjoyed it (now have seen) though agree with some of the quality of onboard footage.
Old 4 Jan 2007, 13:36 (Ref:1806170)   #30
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Hollywood
Emmmm, I think I was expecting more onboard footage, it seemed to be alot of time in the pits. It wouldn't have killed them to add some decent onboard laps during the night time. The camera on the car didn't seem to be very up to the job either.
Fair comment, I think, but then again any movie could be improved by that. Even if it's not about racing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Hollywood
I think that Short came accross as being a bit of a *****, especially at the end when he was sat on the pit-wall like a spoilt child because his untested, unfinished and ultimatley un-ready car didn't get on the podium.
I can understand that, although I think it comes down to the way a person appeals to you. I found that it was honest reaction, and I felt that the wear and tear of the weeks and then the 24 hours race could more than explain the raw emotion he displayed. Basically, I was more ready to excuse him than you were, so it's a personal reaction. As I said, I can understand your reaction.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 4 Jan 2007, 18:21 (Ref:1806439)   #31
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Err, Doc...

How would you have reacted in Short's position?

I should imagine such a stressful journey takes it's toll on even the toughest people, particularly those who are not robots.
Old 4 Jan 2007, 19:28 (Ref:1806499)   #32
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Why? It's a film following the team, not some sort of race review.

Quote:
What Knowlsey said. I've done some work for Martin and he is one of the good guys, committed and enthusiastic. Would you expect him just to shrug his shoulders and say, 'ah well, never mind' when there were problems? Show me someone who would do that and I'll show you someone who's trolling round at the back of the field.
Old 5 Jan 2007, 08:08 (Ref:1806834)   #33
Doc Hollywood
Racer

Ireland
Dublin, Ireland
In fairness guys he does say towards the start of the film "this car is six months away from being ready" and then says that basically he wants to be the first team with the car. So to me it comes accross as being a bit greedy, he wants success but he's going to risk it for the sake of running a car thats essentially not up to the job.

I think for a privateer he should have been smarter. Take a well proven and reliable car and get your podium if thats what you want. - OR - Be the pioneer, run the un-proven car and be happy that you even lasted 24hrs.

I can understand his emotions after working so hard on the car. I'm a racer myself and I know how hard I work to get out there. But If I wanted a podium badly enough I would'nt even consider putting my cash and work into something as unknown as that car was.

The reason I expected more In-car stuff was basically the name and description that the DVD cover had. "DYNAMITE", "uninterupted onboard laps of le mans", "never before seen on-board footage" etc etc.