Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 26 Dec 2013, 08:36 (Ref:3347937)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Castle Combe

This weekend is split into two single day events. The first day is the CCRC finals day which means the HSCC FF2000 is on the Saturday with the moderns. The Sunday is the third Castle Combe Autumn Classic. All details here: http://www.castlecombecircuit.co.uk/racingclub/

HSCC:

HFF and FJ.

http://www.hscc.org.uk/images/Chart_...ar_2014_V8.pdf

Includes the final round of 2014 of the FISCAR Challenge. http://fiscar.org/
Old 15 Sep 2014, 11:47 (Ref:3453535)   #2
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Coming hard on the heels of Goodwood and Spa, and being one of the end of season bashes after a long racing season, you would think that this might suffer for entries but this doesn't seem to happen and is both a popular meeting and a popular venue with excellent spectator viewing. The Historic racing element of this two part weekend meeting is held on Sunday 5th October.

Last year FISCAR had its best grid of the season for its Inter-Marque race, here, and I have no doubt it will be a good one again this year. Furthermore we are also running the separate Jon Gross Memorial Trophy as tribute to this popular racer who raced his ex works Sebring Aston DB MkIII for 30 years, the last time being at the 2013 Goodwood Revival, the day before he died. We are hoping for a top quality grid of Pre 1960 Astons and have also invited a few other period sports cars to enhance what should be a really lovely field of cars.
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 15 Sep 2014, 15:33 (Ref:3453581)   #3
deley
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bramley, Guildford
deley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddeley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there as a flag marshal. It was an excellent day on the previous occasions so really looking forward to it again.

Dave
Old 15 Sep 2014, 16:15 (Ref:3453593)   #4
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Already have ticket for the Sunday, glad the entries are decent John.
Old 15 Sep 2014, 17:30 (Ref:3453608)   #5
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The attraction of this meeting is that it's a proper clubbie, passes under the radar of most of the 'names' and is a wonderfully atmospheric circuit with a hugely enthusiastic local crowd. Although I love GW, this is a real antidote!

Motor sport's LEZ - Low Ego Zone!!!
Old 15 Sep 2014, 17:41 (Ref:3453610)   #6
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there with my Historic FF2000 flock on Saturday. It should be quite a tense meeting for us as our two races will be the last of the year and we've currently got four drivers in with a shout of the championship.

Combe is great. It's a shame about the chicanes but at least the challenge of Quarry remains.
Old 16 Sep 2014, 15:35 (Ref:3453977)   #7
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great weekend last year, I'll be there hoping to see a repeat of the Austin Healeys being thrown around with complete abandon!
Old 16 Sep 2014, 21:31 (Ref:3454080)   #8
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Bernies V8s now withdrawn.
Old 27 Sep 2014, 09:54 (Ref:3458069)   #9
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Jon Gross Memorial Trophy- entries in mid 20s, includes 15+ Astons of which 3 are DB3S.

FISCAR Inter-Marque - entries 30+

Still getting one or two late entries in
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 29 Sep 2014, 19:57 (Ref:3458688)   #10
Bruce Chambers
Rookie

United Kingdom
Silverstone
Bruce Chambers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Furthermore we are also running the separate Jon Gross Memorial Trophy as tribute to this popular racer who raced his ex works Sebring Aston DB MkIII for 30 years, the last time being at the 2013 Goodwood Revival, the day before he died.
Jon was a friend of mine and I shared his Elva Courier with him on occasions before he died and we had planned to share it again at Spa last year. I have the great privilege of driving Jon's Aston at Combe this Sunday, I sat in it today and gave it a run down the road, what a lovely old thing, being my first time both in the car and at Combe I will be very circumspect, but looking forward to it immensely none the less!
Old 30 Sep 2014, 11:15 (Ref:3458853)   #11
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Bruce, I invited Mandy Hadfield into Jon's race with her Elva Courier for that very reason.

See you there. It will be great to see Jon's old Aston in action again, in both races.
Old 30 Sep 2014, 11:48 (Ref:3458866)   #12
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
30+ in the Jaguar race but haven't seen an entry list yet so although I know who I don't know in what, although I can guess at most. It will be fun keeping Andy Wallace in a D type from getting past
Old 30 Sep 2014, 13:51 (Ref:3458901)   #13
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Brian A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay View Post
30+ in the Jaguar race but haven't seen an entry list yet so although I know who I don't know in what, although I can guess at most. It will be fun keeping Andy Wallace in a D type from getting past

My entry list arrived this morning with the tickets.

Andy Wallace is listed as being in a C-type, in fact the only one in the race and there are no D-types. There are 10 E-types, 9 Mk 1 saloons but only one Mk 2 plus the Mk 7 of Graham Love. 7 XKs and Charles Fripp's Gomm Special.

39 cars for the Fiscar race........what a turn out
Old 30 Sep 2014, 15:25 (Ref:3458918)   #14
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
9 Mk 1's must be some sort of record in recent years, and some of them are easily quick enough to mix it with the top ten......should be quite a show.
Old 30 Sep 2014, 17:35 (Ref:3458941)   #15
Bruce Chambers
Rookie

United Kingdom
Silverstone
Quote:
Bruce, I invited Mandy Hadfield into Jon's race with her Elva Courier for that very reason.

See you there. It will be great to see Jon's old Aston in action again, in both races.
Thanks John, see you there, as an aside Jon's Courier now owned by Chris Woodgate is being readied for shipping next week to Daytona for the Classic 24hr meeting but I suppose thats a whole different thread....
Old 1 Oct 2014, 09:32 (Ref:3459132)   #16
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Didn't realise Chris now owned it. What spec is it?

Yes, a new thread for historics at Daytona would be excellent
Old 1 Oct 2014, 17:40 (Ref:3459229)   #17
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Goes back a while..... http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...lassic+daytona
Old 1 Oct 2014, 18:40 (Ref:3459245)   #18
Bruce Chambers
Rookie

United Kingdom
Silverstone
Quote:
Didn't realise Chris now owned it. What spec is it?

The car is as it was last year when he agreed the purchase from Jon, so it is a 1964 MK4-T (chassis number E1199) with HTP, so MG 1800 B Series engine with ZF 5 Speed transmission and IRS as per the TVR Grantura/Griffith although Elva used a single (per side) damper set up at the rear as apposed the the TVR twin damper.
Old 2 Oct 2014, 10:05 (Ref:3459458)   #19
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Trawling everywhere trying to find an entry list, any suggestions?
Old 2 Oct 2014, 10:14 (Ref:3459460)   #20
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Not published yet because late entries are still coming in, which means the programme probably already gone to print will have some errors in it. However, the grids are looking superb; it's going to be a great meeting.

Latest version I've seen (as a FISCAR contributor) is all grids with over 20 cars, a couple in the high 20s and two are in 30s.
Old 2 Oct 2014, 10:21 (Ref:3459463)   #21
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
Not published yet because late entries are still coming in, which means the programme probably already gone to print will have some errors in it. However, the grids are looking superb; it's going to be a great meeting.

Latest version I've seen (as a FISCAR contributor) is all grids with over 20 cars, a couple in the high 20s and two are in 30s.
Thanks for that.
Old 2 Oct 2014, 13:09 (Ref:3459510)   #22
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Here you go

0000000794_1.pdf

Sorry about the quality, my copy is very faint
Old 2 Oct 2014, 13:32 (Ref:3459518)   #23
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
Here you go

Attachment 43706

Thanks for that. I'll fill in the gaps!
Old 2 Oct 2014, 15:32 (Ref:3459557)   #24
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Here you go

Attachment 43706

Very nice
Old 4 Oct 2014, 18:47 (Ref:3460363)   #25
brands
Veteran

Looking forward to this meeting tomorrow and the weather forecast is much better than Prescott was today.
Have a good and safe days racing.