Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 11 Mar 2005, 12:49 (Ref:1249446)   #51
Ryo28
Racer

United Kingdom
Stockport, UK (and Leeds Uni)
Ryo28 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just thought of another one, Toejam and Earl! I know there was a version on the Xbox recently but I still wanna see the bizarre original version get a re-release!
Old 11 Mar 2005, 21:57 (Ref:1249921)   #52
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I paid £20 for the original Mega Drive version of that Ryo.......that has to be the best two player co-operative game I have ever played. it's still as funny as it was over a decade ago!

Any game that has the idea of being able to cross an ocean with an inflatable duck to meet up and join some babes in a bathtub whilst drinking root beer has to be a classic!
Old 12 Mar 2005, 19:13 (Ref:1250406)   #53
d-b
Racer

United Kingdom
at home
d-b should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hi there

any one remember W.E.C. Le Mans
think it was set in 1988
if i remember right i had it on the Amiga
you raced the Porsche 962

also saw it at the arcades.it was a sit in machine (good for them days)

by the way if you want an Amiga nowadays go to a car boot sale.i've been getting them for about £5 (i admit you do take a chance of getting a dead one but i haven't yet)
i even found an Acorn Electron (paid £2 for it)

d-b
Old 12 Mar 2005, 19:22 (Ref:1250415)   #54
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The original Metal Gear games should get a proper re-release. They're an important part of the story. Still great to play as well.
Old 14 Mar 2005, 12:36 (Ref:1251540)   #55
Ryo28
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
!Any game that has the idea of being able to cross an ocean with an inflatable duck to meet up and join some babes in a bathtub whilst drinking root beer has to be a classic!
Aaah yes, the infamous 'Level Zero'! Some of the enemies were works of comedic genius as well - the gang of chickens armed with a bazooka that fired tomatoes at you was my personal favourite!
Old 14 Mar 2005, 16:54 (Ref:1251741)   #56
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The oogy boogey man was, and still is, a source of great amusement. Scares the **** out of me every time! And the big ginger haired woman with the trolley and the whiney kid! hehehe.....

And on some levels you appear to be walking on melted cheese, although it was sand I'm assuming!

Did you ever complete it Ryo.....? I seem to remember it had a free roaming ending? I haven't completed it since 1995......since I bought it again a couple of years ago I have been unable to finish it!
Old 14 Mar 2005, 23:37 (Ref:1252085)   #57
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
StarFox (1994)

Bada badaba badabup - classic Fox talk...
Old 15 Mar 2005, 02:30 (Ref:1252127)   #58
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
a new version of Transylvania from the Apple II. it was the spookiest and wierdest text and still graphics game. i loved it and played like 1000 times...
Old 16 Mar 2005, 16:09 (Ref:1253492)   #59
Ryo28
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
Did you ever complete it Ryo.....? I seem to remember it had a free roaming ending? I haven't completed it since 1995......since I bought it again a couple of years ago I have been unable to finish it!
I finished it once, a long time ago now, me and my mate tried to work together and share all the presents and stuff, but then he died on about level 12 and I had to do the rest on my own - there were about 25 Levels iirc! Think you had to 'follow the yellow brick road' on the last level and then you got the ending, or you could wander off and explore! Don't remember it very well though...

The sound test was really good as well, me and my mate used to spend hours on that, never mind the actual game!! This is making me come over all nostalgic, guess who'll be digging their Mega Drive out over Easter?
Old 16 Mar 2005, 16:51 (Ref:1253518)   #60
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Ditto.
Old 18 Mar 2005, 04:38 (Ref:1254872)   #61
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Pirates by Microprose.

Still enjoyable to play after all these years.
Old 19 Mar 2005, 12:58 (Ref:1255969)   #62
James Kimbley
Rookie

England
James Kimbley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar
Pirates by Microprose.

Still enjoyable to play after all these years.
It has! Well a updated remake has.
Old 22 Apr 2005, 14:03 (Ref:1284586)   #63
Ryo28
Racer

United Kingdom
Sorry to dig this thread up again, but Ive been playing 'Star Control' on a Mega Drive emulator over the last couple of weeks and its fantastic! A modern update would be cool...
Old 22 Apr 2005, 14:21 (Ref:1284601)   #64
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
V-Rally '99 for the N64, been playing that lot recently. Our Xbox broke so I've been digging up a lot of N64 games.

V-Rally '99 is nothing like the PlayStations games which followed it, this one's so much more satisfying to drive.
Old 22 Apr 2005, 18:20 (Ref:1284730)   #65
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've been playing the original mario kart on a SNES emulator (Megadrive?? boooo!! hisssss!! Ahh memories, the playground console wars ). I think it still holds up today.
Old 24 Apr 2005, 22:16 (Ref:1286320)   #66
Matthopps
Racer

United Kingdom
Rotherham, South Yorkshire
Matthopps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think they should release/re-release full 3d versions of the Streets of Rage triology and Golden Axe, originally on the Mega Drive. Ah memories...
Old 26 Apr 2005, 00:22 (Ref:1287505)   #67
thejester
Veteran

New Zealand
Wellington
thejester should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dragon Ninja. Saving president ronnie by beating up useless ninja. Strangely enough, despite the title, you didn't seem to play as a ninja. More a 'dude' with a flat top, wifebeater singlet, hammer pants and running shoes.

Anyone ever play Paris/Dakar Rally for Amiga 500?
You didn't miss much. Drive in desert between rocks marking road. Hit rock. Roll over. Be unable to find road again. Drive on into desert. Run out of fuel. Game over.

Very Zen in a frustrate-me-till-I-cry way.
However, a remake could have potential. Map and compass, open terrain, managing damage/fuel/fatigue. Big accidents, running over ATV clowns.

That japanese one where you leapt about in a futuristic/alien type deal with a sword that was just a blur when you swung it. Bring on a 3d version with the same wikkid music and engrish dialogue.

I could go on, but won't.

Unless the thread continues...
Old 28 Apr 2005, 15:30 (Ref:1289499)   #68
Gia_76
Rookie

Gia_76 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudgun
I've been playing the original mario kart on a SNES emulator (Megadrive?? boooo!! hisssss!! Ahh memories, the playground console wars ). I think it still holds up today.
Mario Kart on SNES was the best of all the mario karts I also miss Street Racer in the same kind. That game was so fun, with its "rumble" mode... How many hours I've spend on it *sight*
Old 28 Apr 2005, 20:35 (Ref:1289664)   #69
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I still play all my original favorites on emulators on my computer. I think I still have one atari st in my parents barn and all of my original disks. Why I don't know.

One game that should be rereleased in a new format is "Pirates" by Microprose. It's still great fun and is still very playable today.